Naphta - Long Time Burning CD - MP3s AVAILABLE!!

150 Replies, 15495 Views

[Image: LTB_ad2_522.gif]

http://www.thefear.ie/

Nuff said...
Icon_yippee !

will of course be bagging this soon after xmas

big up naphta and all at the fear Grin
got mine today !

soundclash vip is on there Falcon
street dancing!!!!!!

[Image: jackojig.gif]
what tha hell, can this actually be?

Icon_razzinchingmyself:
Cool
Good stuff!! Snap it up folks!
Is it not possible to get Grande Illusions anymore? I downloaded it onto a mate's computer when I was between computers myself.
RickyForce Wrote:Street Dancing!!!!!!

[Image: breakin3.jpg]
Utopian Wrote:Is it not possible to get Grande Illusions anymore? I downloaded it onto a mate's computer when I was between computers myself.

Not at present. Will be available again in the New Year. Grin
Keep JUMPin ya Bastids
Code Wrote:Got mine

on Saturday Icon_yippee

need to listen to it again before posting big thumbs Grin
Xyxthumbs
Icon_yippee
I NEED U

Lovesmilie
...it's like a bloody LIBRARY out there!!! http://twitter.com/executivesteve
BTW - theres a good chance that orders made from the UK today may make the post before xmas.
long time burning is an apt title
this is mature, considered, jungly music

[Image: dance.gif] [Image: piratenaphta.gif] Applause
dwarde78 Wrote:Icon_yippee !

will of course be bagging this soon after xmas

big up naphta and all at the fear Grin

Me too, looking forward to checking.

Cool
My Review from irishdrumandbass.com

Naphta - Long Time Burning LP
The Fear Recordings - FEAR008CD/RR001

As a producer, and as a DJ, not to mention a follower of drum and bass for nigh on 13 or 14 years it takes a lot to get me really excited about an LP, especially when it comes to a jungle sound LP. Nowadays there are far too many lazy producers aping the early nineties sound with ragga samples and hectic amens, "rinsing it out" for the sake of it.

Naphta's Long Time Burning LP is none of the above. To be honest, i'm blown away by it...This album isn't a homage to the days when Drum and Bass was exciting, vibrant, experimental, melodic, intricate, tongue in cheek....IT IS exciting, vibrant, experimental, melodic and all the other great things drum and bass at it's best can be.

As a long player this album effortlessly moves from skanked out bliss to brooding darkness and in between, each track put together with incredible attention to detail. It would spoil the journey to go into detail on each track, but my own personal highlights is the rolling that is "bagman skank", the trippy "my heart beating" and the awesome "Soundclash VIP"

If you've been a long time fan of drum and bass, or someone new to the game, you need to own this.
good review

Blue
beckett Wrote:My Review from irishdrumandbass.com

Naphta - Long Time Burning LP
The Fear Recordings - FEAR008CD/RR001

As a producer, and as a DJ, not to mention a follower of drum and bass for nigh on 13 or 14 years it takes a lot to get me really excited about an LP, especially when it comes to a jungle sound LP. Nowadays there are far too many lazy producers aping the early nineties sound with ragga samples and hectic amens, "rinsing it out" for the sake of it.

Naphta's Long Time Burning LP is none of the above. To be honest, i'm blown away by it...This album isn't a homage to the days when Drum and Bass was exciting, vibrant, experimental, melodic, intricate, tongue in cheek....IT IS exciting, vibrant, experimental, melodic and all the other great things drum and bass at it's best can be.

As a long player this album effortlessly moves from skanked out bliss to brooding darkness and in between, each track put together with incredible attention to detail. It would spoil the journey to go into detail on each track, but my own personal highlights is the rolling that is "bagman skank", the trippy "my heart beating" and the awesome "Soundclash VIP"

If you've been a long time fan of drum and bass, or someone new to the game, you need to own this.

Applause

Review from the forthcoming issue of Woofah:

Naphta – Long Time Burning (The Fear CD)

“I left the the coastal plains and I wandered inland... and then I came
to where... real jungle begins...”

Can one man save drum 'n' bass from itself? The current state of play seems to be a fight between 180 bpm anodyne trance vs numbingly obvious ragga breakcore mashups. Naphta is fighting a rearguard action to bring back the thirst for the unpredictable which always made the music so exciting to us jaded old fuckers.

So, a jungle album. I have to put my hand up and say I wasn't expecting too much of this, but a few tunes in and I was grinning away, ready to step it up like back in the day, much to the amusement of my daughter.

It's a no-brainer that reigning in the bpms and cliched samples allows you the space for FLOW and FUNK and EXPERIMENTATION, but everyone else seems too young (or too up themselves) to have learned this lesson.

“Jungle Forever!” ...but nothing lasts forever.

Tracks like “Bagman Skank” and “Jungle Republic” are beautiful rollers with everything perfectly placed in the mix. It's achingly good to be reminded of this again, but there's a tinge of sadness over days gone by as well, like a last dance with your ex-.... Could things have been different, is this just nostalgia or is there a future here? For me this tiny hint of melancholia adds proper depth to the album and stops it being some kind of pub tribute band affair.

But please don't get me wrong, the album isn't depressing - it's totally full on and righteous. For example “Street Dancing” is ultra brock out business that will have you skanking wherever you hear it. “Soundclash” is proper brooding lighta in the air stuff that uses reggae samples with a deftness and subtlety that certain producers should be forced to learn at gunpoint.

Long Time Burning not only points out that emperor d ‘n’ b has lost his clothes, it holds up a massive portrait of him in the glory days of yesteryear.If you're only going to buy one drum 'n' bass album this decade, it should be this one. (JOHN EDEN)
Hyper Hyper Hyper

and that's a great feckin review that last one Xyxthumbs
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
ordered Grin
evergreen Wrote:ordered Grin

Recieved - itll be in the post first thing tomorrow. Grin
nice reviews! i'll write mine tonight when i'm a bit drunker.
...it's like a bloody LIBRARY out there!!! http://twitter.com/executivesteve
jusy bought this, although i have all the tunes already (i think - these are probably updated versions knowing naphta). lovely artwork droid. i hope it sells like hot cakes. Xyxthumbs

stacks
[Image: banner2_590.jpg]
[Image: swbanner.gif]
[Image: BB_banner3.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's been a long time, so i come bearing a free tune... Andyskopes 23 10,219 26th January 2019, 10:08
Last Post: Statto
Shocked Long time pacific 6 3,800 2nd December 2017, 16:17
Last Post: Muttley
  EVENT Hello SC crew - LONG TIME!!! OUTRAGE 2 1,981 7th May 2016, 20:34
Last Post: dsp
  Criterion Rec 08 Artificial Skys and Griever "Our Kingdom"/Stunna "Burning Sky" firefinga 2 2,604 22nd May 2015, 07:55
Last Post: firefinga
  Hello, been a long time, hows things? pressure. 4 2,009 11th January 2015, 18:25
Last Post: firefinga