Nebula3 (free) - Windows only convultion erm thingy.

20 Replies, 1703 Views

slothrop mentioned this in the free vst thread, but having given it a try, i think it warrants its own thread.

man this thing is amazing. meets if not exceeds in some places the uads Icon_eek

http://www.acusticaudio.net/modules.php?...le=nebula3

based on some very clever convolution type processing, it actually manages the 'impossible' and samples (not models) old gear. it does everything from eqs to compressors, flanges, choruses and loads more.

theres a long and interesting thread on gearslutz which is a good introduction to it, and its eccentric creators.

it sounds amazing. you can easily boost +12db on one eq for example and its so silky smooth and clean. the comps ive not tried yet but the choruses and flanges are also amazing.

the best thing is you can get a free version with limited 'models' which is fully functioning, and either pay a paltry 20 euros for all the models, or 80 for a version with a better gui. its quite experimental so its not like a usual plugin, or plugin company for that matter, but i found it great. going to get the full version tonight.

highly recommend giving it a whirl, cost you nowt but a while to dl the libraries.

Xyxthumbs
Aye, it's very good indeed. I couldn't use it much though cos it eats processor like fuck. Although that was v2.
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
sounds nice
File Access Denied!

This file can be downloaded by CUSTOMERS NEBULA 3 Only

Neutral Thought you said it was free?
[Insert signature here]
I emailed them and told them not to let you in.
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Lol
I dunno what you're laughing about... Obviously you've not tried to get it yet either Teef
Macc Wrote:I dunno what you're laughing about... Obviously you've not tried to get it yet either Teef

Hahaha shut the fuck up. I've seen that I need to pay for it. So I put it on my BIIIG LIST of things to do and buy when I'm old and the kids left the house. Wink
the free version is, erm, free.

The commercial version, erm, isnt.

I hope this clarifies matters....
Paradigm X Wrote:the free version is, erm, free.

The commercial version, erm, isnt.

I hope this clarifies matters....

ermm, yes. where can I find the, erm, free version? direct linky? Smile
erm, sorry Oops

http://www.acusticaudio.net/modules.php?...ads&cid=80
ya dibbler Hahaha
[Image: 201tongue.gif]
thx for posting. going to check this tonight Yes
Dunno man

You might have to spend 20 secs looking round the site for the free version.

[Image: madteeth4.gif]
^ Hahaha
Macc Wrote:I emailed them and told them not to let you in.

Hahaha
Bit confused, do you need to download the libraries also ????

XAF
yeah you do. the nebula 2 free and 3 free libraries both work.

if you can be arsed, going thru the gearslutz link i posted gives you loads of usefull advice, theyre quite an eccentric bunch, so not everything is obvious, easy or user friendly, bit like the processor itsefl. but man, it sounds so good, its well worth the effort.

the libraries are just .exe files so sort themselves out.

good luck all cruezes

Xyxthumbs
need to download this! bare phatness, eh?
bought the full version

some stunning stuff on there. def uad league. and some great amp/preamp/channles that just add 'mojo'

well worth 80 euro

was even more worth it 3 months ago before the ukp tanked Roll

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows 7 - Anyone tried it yet? Shiva 1 1,231 20th August 2009, 18:49
Last Post: dsp
  The old something from nothing thingy Macc 20 2,151 26th July 2005, 17:36
Last Post: dodz