File Save

8 Replies, 5568 Views

What do you save your file as? WAV, sample rate 48000, bit depth 32-bit? Maybe Sample rate 192000? [Image: confused.gif]
24 bit Wav/Aiff, 44,100

I got recommended not to use 48000, as it will need to be converted when burning to a CD
24bit 44100 wav too
But with CDs becoming obsolete (which I think they will re: buying music) and with the digital-market booming (I presume it is; well,…I just signed up to Beatport today), I think I should maybe try and keep the tracks as good quality as possible. Especially if I’m playing out live from my laptop on a big rig? I'm somewhat unsure about this all.
Ashtonron Wrote:24 bit Wav/Aiff, 44,100

I got recommended not to use 48000, as it will need to be converted when burning to a CD

Script
dionysus Wrote:But with CDs becoming obsolete (which I think they will re: buying music) and with the digital-market booming (I presume it is; well,…I just signed up to Beatport today), I think I should maybe try and keep the tracks as good quality as possible. Especially if I’m playing out live from my laptop on a big rig? I'm somewhat unsure about this all.

Of course if you don't plan to have it on media that will require extra dithering down. If you can play higher sample rates live from a laptop then why not, better sample rate is better quality.

However like Ashtonron says CD and also .mp3 tends to be 44.1 so you end up having to dither down which can add unwanted artefacts, some software are better than others at this. I find Adobe Audition the best. Think there was a thread on here where different software were compared to see which was the cleanest.
I happpened to stumble on this

http://theproaudiofiles.com/3-reasons-to...-88-2-khz/
Ashtonron Wrote:I happpened to stumble on this

http://theproaudiofiles.com/3-reasons-to...-88-2-khz/

Nice find!
Liked that. Thanks Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can anyone here open an old Cubase file of mine and export a midi file? Code 6 5,652 20th October 2011, 19:19
Last Post: Scape