Remove a track from history

151 Replies, 35579 Views

logos Wrote:
macc Wrote:why did krust lower his standards to meet theirs instead of letting them rise to his? Baffled Sad2

who knows. warhead is proper crackhead music. i swear though, drop soul in motion at any party now and it will get them moving...

too right man - that is one of the few records i actually own for real on a bit of vinyl - not many tunes have that 'honour' :d Baffled :d

fucking tune. that is what i mean though - where did that krust go? who was/is the dude who appeared looking exactly like krust who just........made shit?
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
who gives a shit if it's crackhead music..... move on ffs and start hating someone else Baffled
Sir Loris Of Crowthorne Wrote:who gives a shit if it's crackhead music..... move on ffs and start hating someone else Baffled

I'm open to suggestions! Teef
i totally think the Spaced Invaders remix is a good tune. not as a drum'n'bass tune though, for me. it sounded more to me like a Billy Idol backing track or something, but it's mad layered and engineered perfectly for crowds upwards of 30,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. good stuff, totally dug Warhead too (i got into d'n'b a little bit before that, so it sounded fresh to me).

as for a track i'd remove, i dunno.... everything plays an important part whether or not we like it or not (someone influenced by Concord Dawn may continue down some path set by their tunes and then end up at something all of us snobs would like, and it may not have happened were they not there). you guys remember that Ray Bradbury story where those people go back in a time machine to prehistoric times and accidentally step on a butterfly, only to come back to the present and find out that they're under a dictatorship? that's my problem with removing big important tunes. HOWEVER, we all know that if we removed, say, 50 Dillinja tracks from the last 5 years that nobody would even notice because you still have about 20 other identical Dillinja tracks that remain and serve the same purpose. so i'd say that 50 Dillinja tracks make up about the same substance as one tune/idea... so, that's my pick!
nothin wrong with straight to the clit!! Mrgreen (just dont bypass it!)

another one .....and i will be flamed....champion sounds!
Co..Cou...Could you possibly rewind and come again?
B Wrote:nothin wrong with straight to the clit!! Mrgreen (just dont bypass it!)

another one .....and i will be flamed....champion sounds!
the original mix of "Champion Sound" is a fucking class tune. shut it B. :P
[Image: dsbanner.jpg]
sileni Wrote:it sounded more to me like a Billy Idol backing track or something, but it's mad layered and engineered perfectly for crowds upwards of 30,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. ....................... (someone influenced by Concord Dawn may continue down some path set by their tunes and then end up at something all of us snobs would like).

Rofl

Such a good way with words Hahaha

Quote:totally dug Warhead too (i got into d'n'b a little bit before that, so it sounded fresh to me).

Baffled I got into dnb at the same time as you then man, and I HAAAAAATED it.

(BTW Sileni - remix is underway and sick Wink )
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
b... think carefully... which remix? i'll let you away with the generration dub reix and the bad comapny remix, but if you dont like the origianl and the hardcore will never die remix then i dont know if you even deserve a clit...

note im so worked up about this that my spellijg has suffered!
...it's like a bloody LIBRARY out there!!! http://twitter.com/executivesteve
tyranny Wrote:b... think carefully... which remix? i'll let you away with the generration dub reix and the bad comapny remix, but if you dont like the origianl and the hardcore will never die remix then i dont know if you even deserve a clit...

note im so worked up about this that my spellijg has suffered!

Managed to sell the Generation Dub remix for £2.99 on Ebay, the whole EP only cost me £2.99 in the sale at Juno, meaning I effectively got Manipulate the Universe for free! Hahaha
[Image: pezholiodoa.gif]

batfink Wrote:bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK NORK NORK bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK bwabba NORK.
tyranny Wrote:note im so worked up about this that my spellijg has suffered!

Hahaha

"spellijg"

Xyxthumbs
poison-unskinny bop

queensryche-silent lucidity

nirvana -smells like teen spirit (kurt would still be alive!)
Blue Wrote:nirvana -smells like teen spirit (kurt would still be alive!)

Fucking hell, I hate that song. I love Nirvana, but I fucking hate Smells Like Teen Spirit, it just seems that any time a Nirvan track is played it's always that. Grrrrr! Play something else you fucks! However, Jonathan Ross played Come as you are on Radio 2 last Saturday, which made me happy.

Fucking hell, Nirvana were a good band. Might have to dig out my old tapes tonight!!!

batfink Wrote:bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK NORK NORK bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK bwabba NORK.
pez Wrote:
Blue Wrote:nirvana -smells like teen spirit (kurt would still be alive!)

Fucking hell, I hate that song. I love Nirvana, but I fucking hate Smells Like Teen Spirit, it just seems that any time a Nirvan track is played it's always that. Grrrrr! Play something else you fucks! However, Jonathan Ross played Come as you are on Radio 2 last Saturday, which made me happy.

Fucking hell, Nirvana were a good band. Might have to dig out my old tapes tonight!!!

totally bro, although the first time i heard teen spirit was when Nirvana first played Reading Festival the year before they headlined and it smashed me to piecesbut who was to know the damage that track would cause..... aw r.i.p Kurt Kobain, who is sadly sadly missed.

Dig out the old tapes mate, Nirvana fucking rocked.
blue Wrote:dig out the old tapes mate, nirvana fucking rocked.

Yes

milk it! a bit late on, but what a fucking tune!

also curmudgeon and that d7 tune Falcon
I thought Nevermind, in particular Smells like… was Nirvana at the peak of their song writing ability, and the production (even the Andy Wallace mastering) on that LP perfectly fitted the band's sound, even though they might not have wanted to admit it.

Bleach was mediocre and Steve Albini made a very conserative and underwhelming job on In Utero (an otherwise supreme LP).

flame away... Twisted Teef Teef Teef Teef Teef
Blue Wrote:kurt would still be alive!

I doubt that, he'd probably killed himself even if he never was in a band.
GENERAL LEVY - INCREDIBLE

Please tell me it didn't happen. For a year or two afterwards conversations went:

Random Twat: So what kind of music are you into?
Me: Jungle, Drum and Bass, that kind of thing.
Random Twat: Ahhh... you mean booyaka booyaka eeki eeki eeki
Me: Piss off you twat.

I'm sure I can't have been the only one to go through that torture.
Blue Wrote:poison-unskinny bop

C'mon man. That right there is a classic. Alongside "I Want Action" it defined a generation. :P
Harry, Harry, Where do you go when the lights go out?
macc Wrote:milk it! a bit late on, but what a fucking tune!

doll steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkk!
test meat!

fucking come on!!!!! Falcon

Nirvana me hole...I went to their concert when they played in dublin and i never listened to them since!! It was all about the breeders n teenage fanclub after that! :flamedbyblue:
Co..Cou...Could you possibly rewind and come again?
Catastrophe Wrote:GENERAL LEVY - INCREDIBLE

Please tell me it didn't happen. For a year or two afterwards conversations went:

Random Twat: So what kind of music are you into?
Me: Jungle, Drum and Bass, that kind of thing.
Random Twat: Ahhh... you mean booyaka booyaka eeki eeki eeki
Me: Piss off you twat.

I'm sure I can't have been the only one to go through that torture.

Hahaha

naphta Wrote:
dj_obiwan Wrote:ok i hear ya
dont think he was tryin to preach tho
maybe just offering an idea to the consumer masses Xyxthumbs

imagine there's no heaven,
it's easy if you try,
no hell below us,
above us only sky,
imagine all the people
living for today...

imagine there's no countries,
it isnt hard to do,
nothing to kill or die for,
no religion too,
imagine all the people
living life in peace...

imagine no possesions,
i wonder if you can,
no need for greed or hunger,
a brotherhood of man,
imagine all the people
sharing all the world...

you may say im a dreamer,
but im not the only one,
i hope some day you'll join us,
and the world will live as one.

yeah, but the delivery, the soft focus video with yoko puke-o, and the schmaltzy music? no amount of heartfelt lyricism can excuse the rest of the package!

huh? inspite of?

rather not inspite of the lyrics...because of the lyrics.

jesus...i'd never actually seen them written before (never having had the stomach for that tune), but those are awful. awful, puerile, hearts and unicorns crap. that's like the poetry seventh graders write while musing on schoolyard nastiness, through the gauze of a chill november drizzle...

fucking awful.

jesus...make it stop. make the lyrics disappear!!!

ack...no...i'm not done.

jesus, why'd you have to ruin my day and make me read that shit? my life was good and fulfilling. i'd made it this far never having to actually know the lyrics to john lennon's "imagine," and now you lot have gone and fucked it all up.

thanks. thanks a whole lot.

today is the first day of the rest of my life polluted by that tragic miscarriage of song craft.

god...somewhere, elvis costello cries out in anguish...

a beer for statto.
believe it or not i was in holland and all my little brothers redneck rural dutch gabber mates had just seen that and thought it was hilarious that they were actually meeting someone who liked drum and bass...
...it's like a bloody LIBRARY out there!!! http://twitter.com/executivesteve
Rofl @ Catastrophe and Pieter - too funny!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  white mark on vinyl (can't remove) brandz 12 3,922 14th April 2011, 22:23
Last Post: noisemonkey
  I will REMOVE the f***ing toilet seat if you dont shut up djneils 1 1,561 25th September 2008, 21:11
Last Post: kris
  Granny told to remove hat in pub 8bits 0 931 10th March 2006, 14:12
Last Post: 8bits
  How to remove Wildtangent Spy/Adware? denaris 7 2,219 26th February 2005, 21:02
Last Post: Ashes
  Attn Statto - Remove Klute Metalheadz Mix Bladerunna 33 7,837 1st December 2004, 13:25
Last Post: Macc