Subvert Central
ARRANGEMENTS - Printable Version

+- Subvert Central (http://subvertcentral.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (http://subvertcentral.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Audio Production and Engineering (http://subvertcentral.com/forum/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: ARRANGEMENTS (/thread-12152.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ARRANGEMENTS - Macc - 19th August 2004

deckjunkie Wrote:ok i stand corrected ,i'm pretty ignorant as regards the new shit out there ,so i'm still makin tunes in the old style,but i really feel a lower tempo gives you much more scope to fool around with the rhythm

As a drummer myself I totally agree with you. That is to say a) when actually drumming it is easier, and easier on your arms;

and b) when programming it just feels more natural.

Saying that, I have tea-leafed a break off of some nonsense 60's rock thing, and it sounds right at 175bpm, so I suppose I am not going to just get stuck in one tempo range just cos 'it's the rules'. :P Grin

ARRANGEMENTS - Naphta - 19th August 2004

Just heard the new(ish) Bizzy B on Planet Mu, and rather liked the way he kicked off one track with the bassline - more o' that please gents!

(DJ Die - Reincarnations Lovesmilie )

Reincarnations doesn't start with the bassline, it has a short intro bit, then the drums and bass kick in together - which is highly nice.

ARRANGEMENTS - Logos - 19th August 2004

Macc Wrote:Reincarnations doesn't start with the bassline, it has a short intro bit, then the drums and bass kick in together - which is highly nice.

There's that little vocal - can't remember what it says.

'It's been a long time, but I still can remember some things that we used to do'.

The do is on the one, I remember that from my mixing days Cool

Die should try thinking that himself - but I bet he has forgotten the things he used to do.......

Macc Wrote:Reincarnations doesn't start with the bassline, it has a short intro bit, then the drums and bass kick in together - which is highly nice.

Incorrect!

You're thinking of the remix - which isn't even half as good as the original!

Can't remember ever hearing the original..... Baffled If I have I can't remember how it goes.

You'd have to go some way to beat that tune, I fookin love it man....

Oh yeah, Reincarnated is the remix of Reincarnatins innit.

I dunno, bollox to all these fucking jungle hisory lessons....

Macc Wrote:I dunno, bollox to all these fucking jungle hisory lessons....

Hahaha Yeah - but only when you get the answer wrong!!!

ANYWAY...................... my point was: makes a nice change, don't it? Why don't you start some of your tunes with your basslines then, Macc? Twisted

Macc Wrote:Die should try thinking that himself - but I bet he has forgotten the things he used to do.......

Yes, judging by the latest shock-o-rama he's put out...blow your whistle indeed...

CLEAR SKYZ CLEAR SKYZ CLEAR SKYZ CLEAR SKYZ Icon_cry

Naphta Wrote:
Macc Wrote:I dunno, bollox to all these fucking jungle hisory lessons....

Hahaha Yeah - but only when you get the answer wrong!!!

ANYWAY...................... my point was: makes a nice change, don't it? Why don't you start some of your tunes with your basslines then, Macc? Twisted

Doing it right now - 160 bpm, amen and that pingy break that Photek used, 808 bass Grin - and crazy arranging a gwarn.

The old 'cut the beat you have into bits an odd number of beats long, then move them all around with some sort of logic behind it to make loads of edits for no effort' method is being used. Liberation baby!

It sounds old skool already..... Now where's my fifth string sample...........

ARRANGEMENTS - john doe - 19th August 2004

Johndoe

filthy string?
thought you only wore boxershorts mate, no strings attached Hahaha

Macc Wrote:Doing it right now - 160 bpm, amen and that pingy break that Photek used, 808 bass Grin - and crazy arranging a gwarn.

The old 'cut the beat you have into bits an odd number of beats long, then move them all around with some sort of logic behind it to make loads of edits for no effort' method is being used. Liberation baby!

It sounds old skool already..... Now where's my fifth string sample...........

Hyper sounds like my kind of thing GHUY!

What pingy break do you mean - name a tune it was in pls Wink

Logos Wrote:What pingy break do you mean - name a tune it was in pls Wink

'The Water Margin'?

Yeah - that break, it is in the 'middle eight' of the Water Margin. Cool

No-one knows exactly where it cam efrom though......

Sounds nice over a chunky amen though Twisted

String is in, here come harmonies. Oh god, someone stop me!!!!

ARRANGEMENTS - john doe - 19th August 2004

ps: Naphta

before you came into the Studio Walls this was a place of max 2 pages per topic, stuff that you could look up easily....ya know ON TOPIC

and now it seems we're gonna get 23 paged banter topics all cos of yer pirateness Teef

Rofl

john doe Wrote:ps: Naphta

before you came into the Studio Walls this was a place of max 2 pages per topic, stuff that you could look up easily....ya know ON TOPIC

and now it seems we're gonna get 23 paged banter topics all cos of yer pirateness Teef

Rofl

Not my fault!! I've tried to return each time! I think Macc freaked out when he heard about arranging stuff around something other than the drums - hence the distractions... Lol

naphta Wrote:arranging stuff around something other than the drums

Nervous

Macc Wrote:Yeah - that break, it is in the 'middle eight' of the Water Margin. Cool

No-one knows exactly where it cam efrom though......

Sounds nice over a chunky amen though Twisted

String is in, here come harmonies. Oh god, someone stop me!!!!

Bug 9 and the Plastic Jam? As in the break used in the intro to Silver Blade??

I think I know what u mean.

Hahaha @ this thread

Logos Wrote:As in the break used in the intro to Silver Blade??

Das the one!

Naphta Wrote:Das the one!

These are the breaks Wrote:Break name: Plastic Jam
Originally from: Plastic Jam Breakbeats (Labello Blanco)
Example of d'n'b track with it: Dillinja - "Silver Blade" (acoustic drums, not the boymerang break)

ARRANGEMENTS - littleNemo - 19th August 2004

Naphta Wrote:I think Macc freaked out when he heard about arranging stuff around something other than the drums

Which brought the discussion to a halt before it even started, I may add Roll Wink

I'M SOO SOOORRRRYYYYYY!!!!!!!

The thing is, and this is a reason why this thread would always be 8000 pages long, arranging is such a wide-scale and hugely variable thing, unlike, say, limiting or something, it is far more difficult to say 'do it this way or that way'...

What I am getting at is that it is far less quantifiable, and almost infinitely open-ended.

Unless you just arrange around the drums. Grin

Basically I am saying that the 3 page deviation is of little consequence, so fuck off :P

Nucleus - now there's a guy who arranges that little bit different...

Macc Wrote:arranging is such a wide-scale and hugely variable thing

Is it though? Not in any d+b I've heard in the last few years...

Quote:unlike, say, limiting or something, it is far more difficult to say 'do it this way or that way'...

Well I wasn't really looking for anyone to say: do it THIS way or THAT way.. maybe just to swap a few ideas or theories..?

Quote:What I am getting at is that it is far less quantifiable, and almost infinitely open-ended.

Listen to most d+b. It actually isn't!