Subvert Central
ATTN Blue - Printable Version

+- Subvert Central (http://subvertcentral.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The News Channel (http://subvertcentral.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SC Label (http://subvertcentral.com/forum/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: ATTN Blue (/thread-4830.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

ATTN Blue - Statto - 20th October 2003

please take a day off from the studio (and/or drinking — delete as appropriate Icon_razz) and sort things for sc the label

e.g.

code Wrote:as for the cd statto... i'm waiting on the blue and fracture and neptune cd's to come before i can compile it... and actually blue has to send me the pieter k tune aswell. has anyone else got access to that pieter k stuff? or are any of ya meeting blue this evening? would save me the expense of another international call!

also, what's happening about the dats, manufacturing, etc.?
does jay have things ready to go?

we can't hang about for another month while you settle in brighton

Lisa Wave Wave Rainbow

ATTN Blue - Düffah - 20th October 2003

Absolutely. I think we've missed out on some cool tunes already.

ATTN Blue - Jay Raser - 20th October 2003

Düffah Wrote:Absolutely. I think we've missed out on some cool tunes already.

Yeah I’m ready to roll with the mastering/manufacturing; I haven’t had a dat yet. Also I haven’t been advised where the money is coming from for the manufacturing etc.

If you give me a list of things Blue needs to do, I will help out.

Jay Raser

Jay Raser Wrote:Yeah I’m ready to roll with the mastering/manufacturing; I haven’t had a dat yet. Also I haven’t been advised where the money is coming from for the manufacturing etc.

If you give me a list of things Blue needs to do, I will help out.

Blue needs to...
get stuff on CD to Code
get stuff on DAT to you

somebody needs to...
get stuff on CD to the press/promotions crew

re the money...
Code is setting up a Subvert Central bank account

supposedly the money is to be split three-ways:
Code (& crew)
Subvert Central massive (currently we have £450 and rising)
Streetbeats — any word on this? do SB actually have any money?

how much do we need per disk?
how many copies are we pressing?

Baffled

ATTN Blue - Jay Raser - 20th October 2003

As far as I’m aware there isn’t any distribution set up yet for the SC label (is that true). Obviously this should be set up before we master etc. Unless the plan is to get the records to the DJ’s etc profiling, creating a buzz about the label then approaching a distributor.

Let me know what the exact plan is; I haven’t been involved with the Subvert central board as I am too busy generally. But I have been scanning it recently and I have notice some frustration regarding how long this SC label is taking to get started etc. I believe in what you guys are trying to do. So I’ve decided to try and help out when I can.

jay raser Wrote:as far as i’m aware there isn’t any distribution set up yet for the sc label (is that true).
dunno Baffled

jay raser Wrote:unless the plan is to get the records to the dj’s etc profiling, creating a buzz about the label then approaching a distributor.
dunno Baffled

jay raser Wrote:let me know what the exact plan is;
dunno Baffled

jay raser Wrote:i haven’t been involved with the subvert central board as i am too busy generally. but i have been scanning it recently and i have notice some frustration regarding how long this sc label is taking to get started etc. i believe in what you guys are trying to do. so i’ve decided to try and help out when i can.
Icon_yippee Xyxthumbs

without someone who knows what to do we're a bit stuck really
and the things we could be doing we can't until we get the music
hence the thread

ATTN Blue - Düffah - 21st October 2003

I thought we already had SRD on board for distro? We need to get Blue back online and sharpish.

ATTN Blue - Stacks - 21st October 2003

It's difficult to talk to a distributor without having the first 3 or 4 releases confirmed and on CD together. So that needs to be sorted pronto.

Stacks

ATTN Blue - Code - 21st October 2003

Blue says he has spoke to SRD and they are up for distributing the label but I don't think there's been a concrete agreement.

I think the plan was to press up a few hundred whites initally. (Though they will have the SC logo on them in black and white)...

We'll be using CD's to raise the profile with Dj's as far as I know.

ATTN Blue - Logos - 21st October 2003

Can anyone project manage on here - I sense a Gant chart coming on! Eek

(I'm only half-joking! Icon_eek Twisted )

ATTN Blue - esb - 21st October 2003

idealistically it would be nice to have a concrete set of tracks to
promote and build buzz for. we kinda need to get that sorted
and then we can get the ball rolling per say.

Okay - I think within a week (IF I get the Blue, Pieter K and Fracture & Neptune tunes!) it will be possible for me to burn a promo CD and get a copy of it to each of the press people.

I was talking to Exxon last week (who does the promotional mail-outs in the UK for Streetbeats) - he has a list of contacts for most of the people in the UK that we need to get the CD to. I think if the Press people could somehow liaise and see what contacts should get priority, that would be good.

The best thing might be if each of the Press/Promotions people get together a list of who they think we should get a promo CD to... after that we have to have a look at how much we want to spend on promotion. Keep the lists relatively short... we can't send a CD to every Tom, Dick and Harry.

ATTN Blue - strike - 21st October 2003

yes i shall be able to offer my help in these departments...

once the tracks are ready will help exxon and the rest get em out there..

now im fully back online Smile

ATTN Blue - Macc - 21st October 2003

Gwaaan the gumby.

Jig

ATTN Blue - ALPHA OMEGA - 21st October 2003

speed of the Puma

ATTN Blue - subvert - 21st October 2003

ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:speed of the Puma

strength of a bear

ATTN Blue - subvert - 21st October 2003

PS AFAIK Rico said hes up for it, but nothings been sorted - he needs to get a CD with the FIRST THREE RELEASES on....

Are the first three releases decided upon ?

What are they ?

ATTN Blue - Statto - 21st October 2003

scope Wrote:strength of a bear

:bear:

dick of a donkey

ATTN Blue - Statto - 21st October 2003

ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:dick of a donkey

[Image: rwbdonkey.gif]

scope Wrote:PS AFAIK Rico said hes up for it, but nothings been sorted - he needs to get a CD with the FIRST THREE RELEASES on....

Are the first three releases decided upon ?

What are they ?

I KNOW what SC003 is:

Alpha Omega - "Swingers" / "Tribalist"

As for SC001 & SC002, they are both up in the air until I get the Blue and Ultra Violet stuff on CD and also the Pieter K track. I think Blue wants "9 Lives" or "Lost Souls" by AO on SC001 aswell but I was waiting to get one last CD of tracks from AO before we comitted on way or the other! Could you send that CD to Blue aswell AO if it's not too much trouble?

ok so sc03 is swingers/tribalist.

I'll log that down

& cd's will b winging their way 2 u as soon as i'm back from belgium.

ATTN Blue - B - 21st October 2003

Code Wrote:The best thing might be if each of the Press/Promotions people get together a list of who they think we should get a promo CD to... after that we have to have a look at how much we want to spend on promotion. Keep the lists relatively short... we can't send a CD to every Tom, Dick and Harry.

Im going to have to be sent a load of cds as I dont have a burner!

ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:ok so sc03 is swingers/tribalist.

I'll log that down

& cd's will b winging their way 2 u as soon as i'm back from belgium.

Nice one AO!

On both counts!

Have many people here heard "Tribalist"?
Whaddya think?

B Wrote:
Code Wrote:The best thing might be if each of the Press/Promotions people get together a list of who they think we should get a promo CD to... after that we have to have a look at how much we want to spend on promotion. Keep the lists relatively short... we can't send a CD to every Tom, Dick and Harry.

Im going to have to be sent a load of cds as I dont have a burner!

I'll be in Dublin for the Naphta / Remarc gig on the 31st and also Equniox / Elmo / Bee on the 8th of November... so hopefully I'll have the promo CD sorted by then and I can have a load copied for ya...