Subvert Central
WHAT DOES THE FUTURE REALLY HOLD? - Printable Version

+- Subvert Central (http://subvertcentral.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (http://subvertcentral.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Subvert Central (http://subvertcentral.com/forum/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: WHAT DOES THE FUTURE REALLY HOLD? (/thread-5992.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE REALLY HOLD? - ALPHA OMEGA - 18th December 2003

Roll

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE REALLY HOLD? - scart ridge - 18th December 2003

ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:Roll

:yawn

Anyway,back on topic..

Good to see the Streetbeat guys are gonna embracing a section of the new technology next year.

Should be interesting to say the least Wink

I remember Pieter K,mentioning he was gonna be working on something similar for himself & I am very intriqued to see how they develop.

Speaking a bit more personally,

I want to do some more vocal tunes but not in the traditional sense.

I see a whole lot of possibilities with this music,& electronica in general.

I hope that before I retire in my little shack somewhere in the Emerald Isle & raise my hoards of bambino's I can put out a series of lp's that encapsulate everything I dream about in music.

That completely sum up my vision of MY music.

At the point I'll have nomore to say with music & will retire.

Simple.

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE REALLY HOLD? - 0=0 - 18th December 2003

ya...I have some vocal projects int he works..

I love song writing...in a conventional sense..

and I'm a glutten for female vocals..

but I'll still make dirty observational technicality shit..

I don't know keep things versatile..

I have about 3 LPS in the works..for 3 totally different labels...

j

0=0

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE REALLY HOLD? - erbanta - 18th December 2003

ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:Speaking a bit more personally,

I want to do some more vocal tunes but not in the traditional sense.

edit: WHOOPS
misread your text man. thought you were after producers writing more tunes with vocalists..
well anyways i got a brilliant point Hahaha

seba's technicality set had some very promising vocal tunes. apparently he's been working more with the dude who did the vox on fallin'. stunning shit that one Icon_eek

btw where the fuck are TALENTED deejays/mc's on dnb records? that aaron phiri who was on neophunk (also by seba) was cool and junior kelly on ak1200's junior's tune kicked some serious shit even tho the vocals were heavily looped. also i really hope the full vocal version of 'bring it on' gets released. pharaohe monch's flow on dnb = creamy pants Crazy

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE REALLY HOLD? - Agent Sunshine - 18th December 2003

I think the future of drum n bass is in AO's avatar.

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE REALLY HOLD? - Jeff Risk - 18th December 2003

ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:...I hope that before I retire in my little shack somewhere in the Emerald Isle & raise my hoards of bambino's I can put out a series of lp's that encapsulate everything I dream about in music.

That completely sum up my vision of MY music.

At the point I'll have nomore to say with music & will retire.

Simple.

I wish you well in that, but don't really see a time in my future when the creativity will stop, having been fufilled. I dream of being able to retire to a place where I can create for its own sake without having to hustle my work to survive. Work comes naturally to me, its the hustle which I haven't quite mastered yet. And at this rate, I'll be stuck in the grind forever...

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE REALLY HOLD? - ALPHA OMEGA - 19th December 2003

creativity is a consuming entity that appears to grow unabated & with an unrelenting thirst.

Will I ever get to retire?

Probably not

But it's a nice dream to have Smile

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE REALLY HOLD? - fanu - 19th December 2003

I hope that my creativity will never die.
Losing my creativity is one of the few fears I have Roll

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE REALLY HOLD? - scart ridge - 19th December 2003

the day i run out of creativity is the day i go back to university, and study media, maybe even going into advertising

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE REALLY HOLD? - SETI - 19th December 2003

you don't have to worry the creative urge will always be there

i intend to just keep on going like all my jazz heroes... and just getting deeper and deeper as we go, until we finally get the biggest gig of all Xyxthumbs

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE REALLY HOLD? - fanu - 19th December 2003

scart ridge Wrote:the day i run out of creativity is the day i go back to university, and study media, maybe even going into advertising

i am at uni Cool
major in english philology......

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE REALLY HOLD? - Blue - 19th December 2003

metalheadz. Puke

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE REALLY HOLD? - Jeff Risk - 19th December 2003

I'm in school as well, studyin multimedia production with a double major in poetry that I've just begun. The University of Michigan doesn't have a Multmedia program so I'm designing it as I go. Lets hear it for workplace technical skills Icon123 Twisted Icon123 Big fan of Persian mystical poetry and Zen koans as well, and find it to be humanizing when most of the time my brain is connected to a computer Borg

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE REALLY HOLD? - Agent Sunshine - 19th December 2003

I'm about to be back in school part time, got a degree in Politics and East Asian Studies (double major, although there was some overlap between the two), but now I'd like to study science, probably in the realm of cybernetics, but maybe quantum mechanics or nanotechnology. Even so, I'd still like to get on with producing at some point, but I'm sort of at a lull in that process. Gonna work on a tune with Genome in SF in January though, maybe that will get me back on track.

I just spun a set with a bunch of the new records I just got, and it makes me feel warm and fuzzy about the current state of dnb, even if no one around here wants to hear it.

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE REALLY HOLD? - Statto - 19th December 2003

scart ridge Wrote:
Statto Wrote:I love his stuff and I could listen to it for hours, but I already have hours of it

this sounds creepily reminiscent of things i've seen people say about why they aren't buying dillinja records anymore Teef

I know

I was ready to use that argument on macc if he started with me

Teef

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE REALLY HOLD? - Code - 19th December 2003

Okay ... so, digital technology?

Explain to this dumb ass how all that is gonna work?

Tunes available for download that you can only buy online? No vinyl of the same tune?

mp3 downloaded onto your hard drive or ipod or usb memory stick

bunged onto cd.

Play it in the clubs/parties/radio/barmitzvah's/weddings/funerals

etc......

The price won't b anywhere near as high as vinyl since the packaging costs will b removed.

So 2 tunes may cost you 1quid sterling or 1 dollar (10psterling)

You get the jist now?

I luv the principle of it & will try 2 get something like that going.I think it really fits in with the vision of what our forefathers of electronic music envisioned for it to take eventually.

Just seems a bit more 21st century to me than standing in some dingy shop somewhere fighting for your counter space & losing out on the records you wanted or finding they don't even stock what u want & u wasted your time.......

Of course all this advancement depends on everybody having broadband & a fast pc otherwise folks will get pissed off with too long a download.

On top of this ppl r still extremely dubious about giving out credit card details online which may prove a small hurdle initially.

anyway,that's the basics of it.

Will vinyl ever die?

Will Betamax? Will 8 tracks? Will Vic20's? Will Pee Wee Herman?

Remember Laser Discs?

Metal Mickey?

Billy Ocean?

Billy Idol?

Bros?

My point?

All good things have to come to an end at some point,right Icon_question

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE REALLY HOLD? - Code - 19th December 2003

To be honest even with my shitty connection that takes the bones of 25mins - 30 to download one average length tune I'd be prepared to do that to get the music I really like.

If the current situation continues where labels are finding it hard to make ends meet then sure, why not use technology to make things easier?!

The only misgiving I'd have about the mp3 thing is the sound quality... but I'm sure it would be decent enough?! Producers do alternative mastering for the CD format I suppose.

mp3's @ 320 sound fine.

But as time goes on the encoding or whatever they use on players & recorders will get better & the sound will be pretty much online with cd's.

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE REALLY HOLD? - Blue - 19th December 2003

i have a stomach ache

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE REALLY HOLD? - Naphta - 19th December 2003

ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:Roll

That really gets under your skin, don't it...?

Yes

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE REALLY HOLD? - Naphta - 19th December 2003

alpha omega Wrote:Yes

paradoxparadoxparadoxparadoxparadoxparadoxparadox