Subvert Central
today, I... - Printable Version

+- Subvert Central (http://subvertcentral.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (http://subvertcentral.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Subvert Central (http://subvertcentral.com/forum/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: today, I... (/thread-59936.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: today, I... - firefinga - 29th February 2016

(29th February 2016, 14:26)Statto Wrote: waited for someone to post something on SC

Fauxpas

Neutral  Yeah, lately SC is becoming even more of a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ2oXzrnti4

RE: today, I... - Statto - 29th February 2016

Wave

RE: today, I... - Muttley - 29th February 2016

Made my best mix ever. I'll post that if you like. Includes Bowie Bjork little red and kid moxie. Smile

RE: today, I... - Statto - 29th February 2016

ok, so Xyxthumbs

RE: today, I... - Muttley - 29th February 2016

https://soundcloud.com/subversion-2/muttley-back-to-mine-pt-6-x

The sweet spot. Tracklist coming right up. Dedicated to the band Little Red.

David Bowie - Blackstar Track 3 *sounds like a remix of Crime Of The Century by Supertramp^
(Love) Passengers Pt.2 - Kosmosis
Sunset Eyed - My Boat, Sinking
Beach Shelter - Heathered Pearls
Arboreal - Robert Davies
Sos JFK - Josephine Foster
Deacon Blues - Steely Dan
Petal (Focis Left Wilt Easing Remix) - Little Red
Bjork - Stonemilker (acetate)
Cures - Little Red
Simone - Goldfrapp

Uploadable?
I'm extending it to 1 hour.
Not for sale. Unless authorised.
Now extended with some minimalist remix work by moi.

Sharon Van Etten - Every Time The Sun Comes Up
Grouper - Close Cloak
Kid Moxie - Mysteries Of Love (feat. Angelo Badalamenti)
Tamaryn - Last / Collection / Sugar fix (remixed)

RE: today, I... - Statto - 1st March 2016

I like some of it Wink

RE: today, I... - Muttley - 1st March 2016

Ta. Grin

...concluded from my bus trip tonight that 'Send Two Sunsets' by Gacha is one of my fave lost records of the decade.

RE: today, I... - Statto - 2nd March 2016

soundcloud Wrote:We’ve received a report directly from Sony Music Entertainment that your track "Muttley - Back To Mine Pt. 6 - X" contains "BLACKSTAR" by DAVID BOWIE. As a result, your track has been removed from your profile for the time being.

fucking SME Roll

RE: today, I... - MetaLX - 2nd March 2016

^ rubbish!

RE: today, I... - Muttley - 2nd March 2016

That's okay. Like anything signed to Sony Music is a bad thing anyway Hahaha Icon_sad

RE: today, I... - Muttley - 7th March 2016

...offered to release fanu - music of the Motherless Japanese Child from my 2003 HD purchases from fanu under his discretion on Bandcamp. 

Could be a subtle building block towards a proper Focis Left endorsed compilation.

RE: today, I... - Statto - 14th March 2016

...was totally fucking depressed all day

and now I'm not so much

stupid brain

SmashfreakB

RE: today, I... - Muttley - 14th March 2016

...had my phone taken while I was sleeping, so it seems.

RE: today, I... - Statto - 20th March 2016

...off to my mother's 80th birthday gathering

Sharp

RE: today, I... - Muttley - 20th March 2016

...went for a light run and cutting down food and alcohol to 20 syn a day after realising the scales weigh new at near 20 stone. Icon_sad
So, time to do it Smile

RE: today, I... - Statto - 24th March 2016

...finished the fourth job of a batch of five that arrived at the weekend – and got another one to do Grumble

RE: today, I... - Muttley - 24th March 2016

I made a long 34 minute track with some Bvdub-esque sounds (was listening to "All Is Forgiven" on my 8 year old Creative Zen last night at 4am...

https://focisleft.bandcamp.com/…/give-it-zero-more-thought-…

Artwork is influenced by The Wire Magazine's Savage Pencil.

music merch video fan club
edit navigation bar

Give It Zero More Thought EP
by Foci's Left
Give It Zero More Thought EP cover art

You own this

001 Give It Zero More Thought (34 Minute Live Piece) 00:00 / 34:40

Includes unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.
£5 GBP or more

Fan club
Join now to receive all the new music Foci's Left creates, including this release and 41 back-catalog releases, delivered instantly to you via the Bandcamp app for iOS and Android. Learn more.
Join Now £15 GBP/year or more
Full Digital Discography Edit
releases

Get all 48 Foci's Left releases available on Bandcamp and save 90%.

Includes unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality downloads of Give It Zero More Thought EP, MIND EP (FL & Nubian Mindz Collaboration), Focis Right - Winter Tactics EP, Focis Right - Birth (Something Foreign) LP, Nothing (Original Mastered Edition), Foci's Left - Human Respect LP, Foci's Left - Adults / Queens double pk CD / Mp3 combi, Foci's Right - The Massacre Of The Innocence, It's Unforgivable (But I'm Not Going Anywhere), and 40 more.

Excludes supporter-only releases.
£18.93 GBP or more (90% OFF)

001 Give It Zero More Thought (34 Minute Live Piece) 34:40

about
This new EP is both short LP and normal EP length, but one single track, recorded live in a single take. It takes in a drone beginning with sparkling watery piano, moves onto a rhythm track at 80bpm, which speeds up later to 100, 130 and 174 bpm respectively. Other keyboard tones are used besides drones, including my Casio CTK-4200 AD's gorgeous SoftMetalPad, Electric Piano patches and Zither sounds flitting in and out like bats every now and then, underneath and over changing drum machines that are altered with live editing on my hand-pressed keypad functions.

The inspiration comes from a FaceBook thread in my circle about people's possibly having the same aliases, and inking thought into music based on the idea of subverting copyright. This work is all my own, for example, but there's likely more than one Foci's Left. I'm just me, Michael, producing at my own speed, realising everything here as a producer, releasing everything on the Foci's Left Bandcamp. But I believe there are friends. And that's a good thing. As long as no-one gets courted, that's a good thing. "We all want the same thing - we all wanna chase dreams" as rhymer Atmosphere once remarked on his Southsiders album.

This album comes with an asking price of a fiver, just so my parents can be treated to a bottle of wine tonight. I expect nothing off anybody at all times, might have a glass or two, and I've a goofy good feeling about this one - that it might go down well with everyone for one thing.

Artwork is a fresh go in Fresh Paint with some new colours.
credits
released March 24, 2016
tags
tags: classical chance electroacoustic emotional long track pianism vocal harmonies Oxford
license
all rights reserved
feeds
feeds for this album, this artist
Muttley SubVersion's photo.
LikeShow more reactions
CommentShare
Comments
Muttley SubVersion
Write a comment...

[Image: 10391721_1686751141564782_37627503487067...e=574DDD63]

RE: today, I... - Muttley - 25th March 2016

music merch video fan club
edit navigation bar

Special Kebabs On Foci (2 Dinner Tracks, 13-15 Minutes Apiece)
by Foci's Left
Special Kebabs On Foci (2 Dinner Tracks, 13-15 Minutes Apiece) cover art

You own this

That Special Mushroom 1 00:00 / 13:21

Includes unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.
£5 GBP or more

Fan club
Join now to receive all the new music Foci's Left creates, including this release and 42 back-catalog releases, delivered instantly to you via the Bandcamp app for iOS and Android. Learn more.
Join Now £15 GBP/year or more
Full Digital Discography Edit
releases

Get all 49 Foci's Left releases available on Bandcamp and save 90%.

Includes unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality downloads of Special Kebabs On Foci (2 Dinner Tracks, 13-15 Minutes Apiece), Give It Zero More Thought EP, MIND EP (FL & Nubian Mindz Collaboration), Focis Right - Winter Tactics EP, Focis Right - Birth (Something Foreign) LP, Nothing (Original Mastered Edition), Foci's Left - Human Respect LP, Foci's Left - Adults / Queens double pk CD / Mp3 combi, and 41 more.

Excludes supporter-only releases.
£19.43 GBP or more (90% OFF)

Doner Doner Done 1 13:40

That Special Mushroom 1 13:21

about
From now on I don't label my releases as EPs LPs or Singles, I label them as foci. This opens up the playing field for the perception of the release, the record, because most of my material is straddling these feelings as idioms.

£70 was donated through Bandcamp for my last release, an Easter present if there ever was one! Thank you so much. Rest assured it just helps me and my family live. But the most we buy is a special kebab each. And we had that meal at my apartment last night.

Bandcamp seems to like me. I am very hapy the staff let me upload so much stuff here week on week, seeing as it's my own collection of release-worthy music. I like to think of myself, in a joking way, as a kind of ambient Jandek, because in his sixties now he has over 80 albums released on Corwood Industries, while I have almost 50 releases straddling single, album and ep categories.

This release is definitely an EP, it's not long enough for an LP. I hope it will fund another kebab some time, I'm always hungry!
wink emoticon
But I am trying to get under 19 stone of behemoth balloon man now, so don't be too generous!

I also don't like to make money. So I'm as generous as I can be with spreading it. I don't like whoring money. I'm definitely not a Tory anyway! But I understand, and with a new letter from the disablement allowance cabinet, I need enough to live on. Less than two years ago, too, although I was comfortably solvent, my quality of life in shared accomodation was not very good for my health because I didn't feel like the people around me were family, even my carer.

Things are better now, happily so.

Speaking of kebabs, we have a wonderful set of chefs in Carterton Kebab near the crossroads and HSBC Bank. They do kebabs until midnight most nights last orders. It's like our family treat once a week - we don't buy loads of takeaways, as we like to stay fit. I'm the biggest member of my immediate family by some way though. Since I have been living a incapacitated unfit lifestyle through anxiety and schizophrenia, where I can't even think of things like this normally. Now I'm in a better place, finally to this letter, things like yesterday were such a treat.

Happy Easter, and if there was a stocks and shares system for Bandcamp, may this release be something you can invest in to reward yourself.

Art is my own, with inspiration from Livvy, my previous befriender. Printed CDs with this design (I have Avery Professional CD labels) available on request - just add shipping.
credits
released March 25, 2016

Michael Robert Buckingham - CasioCTK4200AD (The Foci Tank) Tone Composition.
tags
tags: casio ctk 4200 ad classical chance electroacoustic emotional heavyweights pianism vocal harmonies Oxford
license
all rights reserved
feeds
feeds for this album, this artist

[Image: 11665416_1687311518175411_30738406539487...e=578F31C8]

RE: today, I... - Muttley - 27th March 2016

...I made this:

https://focisleft.bandcamp.com/album/reinterpretations-of-altus-sleep-theory

RE: today, I... - Statto - 8th April 2016

...discovered that there's a Harry Potter TV channel that plays Harry Potter films on rotation all day every day

wtf?

Willynilly

RE: today, I... - Statto - 13th April 2016

...have no work to do

Sharp

RE: today, I... - Muttley - 13th April 2016

<3

RE: today, I... - Statto - 18th April 2016

...noticed that my blog has passed 100,000 page views

Gaypride

RE: today, I... - widzhit - 19th April 2016

Xyxthumbs

RE: today, I... - Muttley - 25th April 2016

...came 3rd place in Golden Oldies Slot symbol matching tournament. Won £4.50 -not.