new roni size tune :slayer:

481 Replies, 59680 Views

elhornet pendulum Wrote:Uhhh

Did the subscription thing work, or did Statto not come on the ONE main forum his release was aimed at and start going on about how much of a pain in the ass the whole thing was?

Mate you live in Ireland. I don't know how often you get a chance to go and exeperience 'the scene' outside of your town, but you're making some broad sweeping generalisations and honestly I don't think you have a fucking clue what you're on about in regards to the drum and bass scene losing its 'audience of adults'.

Economics and subvert central condescension. You guys are a world unto your own.
I figured it out the first day I came here and read the posts you pride yourself on so much.

You work it out.

gee bag

thats a

vagina sack

You my friend, take the biscuit.

Spank
elhornet pendulum Wrote:keep it sounding like shit everyones already moved on from

i.e. now watered and/or dumbed-down from that :d

Quote:keep it 'drum and bass'.

i wish mate Wink

Quote:keep it ours. its ours ours!

No personally, i've never behaved like that about the music.

Quote:keep it the fuck out of the commercial spotlight

not at all. No but don't repeatedly try to ham-fistedly shove it in... and above all, don't dilute, de-sensitize, and ultimately, shit all over it because that suddenly seems like the easiest option to sell the most records to the most punters as fast as possible.

Quote: but by christ timeless was a great album! so was new forms! bring back that real sound!

no. just bring on some inspiration... and some genuine expression, rather than tired, washed-out, tinnitus-ridden cynicism. :d
Keep JUMPin ya Bastids
elhornet pendulum Wrote:
Naphta Wrote:Do you understand me now? :P

Yes.

Keep it sounding like shit everyones already moved on from, keep it 'drum and bass'.
Keep it OURS. ITS OURS OURS!
Keep it the FUCK out of the commercial spotlight, but by christ Timeless was a great album! So was New Forms! Bring back that REAL sound!

Fuck all that. Stick a fork in it, its done.

maybe all that teenage mall-core you also listen to is causing this transparent, faux-antagonistic streak. naphta probably hates stuff like Noisia but i doubt acts like them would receive the same exact criticisms from this thread.
Question for Elhornet:
Quote:are you under the impression that your opinion is important, and needs to be heard?
im not being rude
im curious
Do you think because you oh-so-cleverly take the piss out of all the naysayers on this board again and again that you're going to erode their self assurance and determined hatering? Do you expect that one day, people on here will read one too many of your replies, wake up the next day and say "it's all good!! Think I'll go buy some new Dillinja!"
That's about as likely to happen as as, well, Roni Size switching back to his classic style because someone pointed him to the hatering on this thread :P
elhornet pendulum Wrote:Why do you think I am criticising Statto! I am not trying to.

Simple points dude, the sub thing was a pain in the ass for him - true yes?

There never was a sub thing for SC.
elhornet pendulum Wrote:and instinct: poor

dont getcha willy in a knot

(or dipped in cheese!)
[Image: enterins1.jpg]
FWIW i actually like noisia AND 'what we like beardcore sc stuff' - they are not mutually exclusive.

its not a matter of style, if somethings well done its good IMO

if not, not

and that ronald mcsize thing is truly appaling on all levels.

The argument it works well on a dancefloor is irrelevant, because had this tune never come out, people would still be dancing... to something else. And just maybe, that something else would be a lot better.
15 pages on this piece of shit ...Hahaha
Lyrical theme(s): War, Freedom, Glory, Honor, Heavy Metal
flx Wrote:15 pages on this piece of shit ...Hahaha

It's great innit... I'm so glad I kept it going Hahaha

sileni Wrote:mall-core

Hahaha

Elhornet is the best trolling non-troll around, gawd bless him. Absolutely full of shit, but gawd bless him. OF COURSE we're 'in our own little world' to some extent - people who chose to continue doing what they believed rather than what sold (the perennial example being Paradox) were FORCED OUT. What do you expect, these people to be crawling begging for help from The Big Selling Dnb People?

I'd be inclined to say - and to some extent Paradox has said - 'well fuck you then'.

Personally I see absolutely no common ground between tunes like this and something from say, Fracture and Neptune. They don't even have the tempo in common any more.

And FWIW I don't hate Roni Mc SuperSizeMe and his band of merry muppets - I hate the fact that this music is in SUCH a state that no one has pointed out to them 'err, scuse me Roni, did you not notice that that is a bag of shit before you mixed it down?'.

UFO put it best - tunes like this are the best argument for proof that music can be objectively bad.

DAGH Bollix, I wasn't going to post in this thread any more... I didn't expect three pages to appear overnight though Hahaha
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
macc Wrote:... i didn't expect three pages to appear overnight though Hahaha
thank god for that. this thread is by far more amusing than these studies i have to make Smile
@elhornet: thx for acting like a proper riothomo, fueling the 'discussion'! Xyxthumbs
Well, subscription series can work actually. Covert Operations has had to do it on their own back, and that's working well I believe.

With the number of tunes on there I'm feeling I'd say it's become one of my favourite labels. And if it is doing well (as I'm led to believe) then think how much better it could sell if a distributor backed it, marketed it etc.
elhornet pendulum Wrote:did the subscription thing work, or did statto not come on the one main forum his release was aimed at and start going on about how much of a pain in the ass the whole thing was?

it wasn't a subscription.
i didn't take any money in advance.
maybe i should have Wink

@ naphta Kisskiss Wave
Naphta Wrote:
Quote: but by christ Timeless was a great album! So was New Forms! Bring back that REAL sound!

No. Just bring on some inspiration... and some genuine expression, rather than tired, washed-out, tinnitus-ridden cynicism. Grin

essentail. THis is what is truly lacking (in general)

Have any of you heard the new Krust material??

I've only heard one track and was pleasantly suprised. SOunding like his older stuff Cool
dionysus Wrote:Have any of you heard the new Krust material??

I've only heard one track and was pleasantly suprised. SOunding like his older stuff Cool

Can't say as I have. Grin

But the last track I really liked by him was Soul In Motion, so I'm gonna be pretty hard to convince Hahaha
Keep JUMPin ya Bastids
titanium Wrote:a proper riothomo,

Hahaha

/adds to personal dictionary
erbanta Wrote:oceanic

you must be really dyslexic to misspell 'cocaine' that badly.
Naphta Wrote:40 year old cynics

none of those around here then, eh
Just the one...

Kingstatto Hahaha
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
i love this thread!

elhornet pendulum Wrote:I need to explain it more.

it's simple: the best way to make inspired music is to listen to people who were inspired 10 years ago and copy what they did.
Macc Wrote:Just the one...

Kingstatto Hahaha

jeez, i thought naphta was AT LEAST 40.

(+0)
maybe the DNB scene wouldn't be so small if the music wasn't by and large shit. and then people wouldn't have to worry about writing lowest common denominator pap to make a living.

its a ying-yang thang.
Breaker Wrote:its a ying-yang thang.

dualism is a mass hallucination. if everyone would follow pendulum's lead and make lowest-common-denominator genius, we wouldn't have this problem
scart ridge Wrote:
breaker Wrote:its a ying-yang thang.

dualism is a mass hallucination. if everyone would follow pendulum's lead and make lowest-common-denominator genius, we wouldn't have this problem

you talk reet good bollocks lad. Xyxthumbs
bare
scart ridge Wrote:
Breaker Wrote:its a ying-yang thang.

yin yang and dualism are two entirely different things you twit

..but then again talking crap is only a logical next step in keeping things simple, so carry on
erbanta Wrote:yin yang and dualism are two entirely different things you twit

and here comes erbanta to destroy any sense of interconnectedness we may all feel, by pointing out time and time again that everything in the universe is doomed to fundamental disconnection.

hi erbanta, welcome back to the thread!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  apparently roni size... forecast=rain 45 23,036 9th March 2017, 19:04
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  A letter of complaint about roni size bhima 7 5,264 22nd June 2015, 11:12
Last Post: firefinga
  willow the vampire slayer slayer! RhythmicNature 18 7,208 28th August 2012, 13:26
Last Post: Roo Stercogburn
  Slayer - Angel of Death Naphta 11 5,359 5th January 2012, 19:37
Last Post: InfiniteSloth
  Scientists Super size Quantum Mechanics Euphony 3 3,159 7th September 2010, 20:25
Last Post: Fada