THE DVD THREAD

258 Replies, 52436 Views

I've never watched Spirited Away & can't find it on dvd here Baffled
'There's no such thing as selling out just buying in'

Chuck D
there must be a place that just specializes in anime. it's really cute...the girl gets a bit annoying.

miyazagi has done a few films...one of them, about the dropping of the nuclear bombs is supposed to be amazing.
Miyazaki is the greatest anime master ever...no one has embodies his legendary works...spirited away,mononoke,valley of the winds and castle in the sky OWN!...even neighbor totoro is fantastic while keeping the child like element...nothing comes close for me personally...maybe akira or ninja scroll!

actually a great one to watch is royal space force from like,fuckin' 84!...hard to believe that animation is WAY back then
the Bebop series really is way better than the movie ... i was actually let down by the film, which couldn't seem to replicate the excitement of those little 25-minute episodes Baffled

Quote:miyazagi has done a few films...one of them, about the dropping of the nuclear bombs is supposed to be amazing.

Grave of the Fireflies is by Isao Takahata, the other major director in that studio ... he also did Only Yesterday which is my second-favorite Ghibli film. all of my friends cried during Fireflies, which is why i still haven't mustered the courage to watch my dvd ....

my fav is still Miyazaki's My Neighbor Totoro Smile
I luv'd My Neighbour Totoro...

Chuck D
fireflies was amazing...it's hard to balance GREAT animation with good story telling
Anybody know if you can get 'bellville rendezvous' on dvd yet. Thats got to be some of the most imaginative animation that i've seen in a long time.
Just got Spirited away on sale 20 euro's

And Hard day's night for full priceIcon_sad
i've just seen in the paper that bellville rendezvous is out NOW.
I highly recommend that all with dvd players go and buy this now !

Its a visual treat.
Cool
Bellville Rendevous is winning a ton of awards & very high praise at the moment.

All I know is it's some french animation flick other than that it's a mystery 2 me Baffled

Chuck D
has anyone seen the tribute to bill hicks dvd? fucken crazy Teef
ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:Bellville Rendevous is winning a ton of awards & very high praise at the moment.

All I know is it's some french animation flick other than that it's a mystery 2 me Baffled
Yeah it is french but there is no dialogue. My advice is just get and see it you will not be dissapointed .
Xyxthumbs

Chuck D
in north america belleville rendezvous is being marketed as "the triplets of belleville" the animation style is very cool...looks very distinctive...

there's a bill hicks tribute dvd? that guy was the bomb! do you have a title for it?
vox Wrote:i've heard INSANELY good things about cowboy bebop.

tell us what you think! spirited away is an awesome flick. it's all about when the baby turns into that fat mouse and has to get trucked around by the bird. so cute!

the animation is cowboy bebop is slick and very cool.
as the title would suggest there is a bit of 50's chique
in the style.
vox Wrote:there's a bill hicks tribute dvd? that guy was the bomb! do you have a title for it?
it's called 'totally bill hicks' Xyxthumbs
just watched requiem for a dream last night.

excellent movie,i thoroughly recommend you watch Xyxthumbs

Chuck D
^^^ movie is good Yes

i just watched ghost dog Icon281
yeah ghost dog is ruff!!!!

took me a couple watches 2 really appreciate though but once it fully clicks then u recognise the genius involved.

Yes

Chuck D
alpha omega Wrote:just watched requiem for a dream last night.

requiem for a dream is a heavy film ! first time i watched that i was really stoned and had to have a break from it for five minutes half way through. it's from the same director as pi isn't it Icon_question
scribe Wrote:
alpha omega Wrote:just watched requiem for a dream last night.

requiem for a dream is a heavy film ! first time i watched that i was really stoned and had to have a break from it for five minutes half way through. it's from the same director as pi isn't it Icon_question

yeah same director and, like pi, with music by clint mansell (ex pop will eat itself). very intense film.

saw 'pirates of the caribbean' last night. total bollocks but i thoroughly enjoyed it.

stacks
Stacks Wrote:Saw 'Pirates of the Caribbean' last night. total bollocks but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Stacks
Yeah i thought pirate of the caribbean was suprisingly enjoyable! some of the computer animation is amazing.
just bought kurosawa's "the hidden fortress" Cool
watched Cop Land & The Yards yesterday.

Cop Land was good

The Yards was not.

Chuck D
ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:watched Cop Land & The Yards yesterday.

Cop Land was good

The Yards was not.

Cop Land = Sly Stalone ??