Out now: Jiva - Periods of Constance LP (Omni Music)

44 Replies, 27761 Views

Great stuff from Jiva! Grin
Statto Wrote:
Dinsdale Wrote:"Leaving Home" Lovesmilie

Xyxthumbs
i actually left home (flat) straight away after that track. i like Beatles Smile
"Uplifting" is pure epica bizza. I'm six tracks in and going to press stop now to savour the entire LP now I'm purchasing it. Mutley-ani1
noisemonkey Wrote:this album and (...) the best ambient jungle albums I've heard in years.

For me this is the best D&B album I've heard in years. Wow. Had a full listen today, and I can't say that 1 hour 40 minutes of D&B would pass quite the same elsewhere.
Great music man. Thank you Master Jiva!
Blasting this really loud right now, absolutely amazing lp and such brilliant value for money.
Gruber Homerdrool Wave
Must give this a listen again. And if you haven't already, sample a tack of this monster.
Boom boom shake the room, ejector seat in a magic mushroom
Still one of my favourite releases ever on Omni Smile
Just stumbled upon this - and it pretty warming to read all of that after i was actually thinking to give up on the producing routine for a while - thank you for actually remembering this!
How about our new LP with fr.om ? would love to hear your thoughts on that - since it didn t get much feedback at all
Yeah, it's one of my Omni favourites as well Xyxthumbs
As for the new album with Fr.om I haven't checked it properly yet. Promise to do that in the next couple of days.
I have huge backlog of Omni releases to be checked, some of them are already on my "to be bought at some point" shortlist, need to catch up asap Smile
nice one! glad to hear it s not fully forgotten a week after being released lol
(1st September 2017, 06:48)hex4gon Wrote: Just stumbled upon this - and it pretty warming to read all of that after i was actually thinking to give up on the producing routine for a while - thank you for actually remembering this!
How about our new LP with fr.om ? would love to hear your thoughts on that - since it didn t get much feedback at all

People rarely comment on anything new on here any more Icon_sad
There's very little traffic on here compared to how it used to be, which is a shame

Thumbd
(1st September 2017, 16:38)Euphony Wrote:
(1st September 2017, 06:48)hex4gon Wrote: Just stumbled upon this - and it pretty warming to read all of that after i was actually thinking to give up on the producing routine for a while - thank you for actually remembering this!

People rarely comment on anything new on here any more Icon_sad
There's very little traffic on here compared to how it used to be, which is a shame

Thumbd

Hugs
Hugs Kisskiss

Only a little feedback shouldn't keep anybody from going on me thinks. It's right what Euphony wrote above, this forum has only a little traffic left Icon_sad  but it's not much different anywhere else. Post about new releases on twitter on (the much despised, at least by me) FB and you'll get only a few "likes" or retweets. It's just so fragmented now.

That said, I am glad Euphony is keeping Omni at such a high level Xyxthumbs
Music critic for the Tally Ho
(1st September 2017, 15:40)hex4gon Wrote: nice one! glad to hear it s not fully forgotten a week after being released lol

I am glad you found it at a low time Jiva me ol' mucker. 

Anyone else think the below...?
...I have a theory that came to fruition after the turn of the century that around 2015 or so (approx 15 years on), dnb (and electronic music at large) producers would start to experience the fragmentation firefinga is also reflecting on. Yet, with a even more vapid pessimism. 

It all seems that with the surplus and spread of unknown and "new forms" of the music, "new" producers emerged to carry the baton. 

But the baton has become so lost nowadays. This thread and its 5-year time lapse proves this. Most 70s-80s crew are approaching middle age. I think we could all agree the purpose has waned. Nobody makes a career without touring or being really unique. Less need to care...Smile

We have all diversified in our own ways, most, include the regulars here, been offline a lot more often. That's good for me at least. Chin

So is it not questionable why these vacuums have occurred? It's almost like "Hawking's theory of the black hole", only in cyberspace. 

Or most likely, I'm talking balls again! Lol
Oh and I have checked the Fr.Om project before mate, but not the full LP, or I forgot it all. What I have heard has sounded good.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RELEASE OUT NOW: OMNI MUSIC/KNITEFORCE 12" BUNDLE Euphony 0 305 7th September 2023, 21:47
Last Post: Euphony
  RELEASE OMNI CROWDFUND PROJECT - OMNI CLASSICS VOLUME 3 Euphony 7 2,933 3rd March 2022, 22:53
Last Post: DJ ML
  RELEASE OUT NOW: JIVA LOST IN TIME VOLUME 2 (Omni095) Euphony 1 872 29th November 2021, 19:46
Last Post: Muttley
  RELEASE OUT NOW: JIVA - LOST IN TIME LP (Omni093) Euphony 0 916 29th August 2021, 07:40
  RELEASE OUT NOW: JIVA - SIGNAL TO NOISE EP (OmniEP201) Euphony 0 2,071 19th July 2020, 08:35