automation in the sequencer or lfo and envelopes in the synth?

9 Replies, 4393 Views

Scape Wrote:what synth are you using?

if it has some kind of modulation matrix you may be able to link the distortion to an envelope or lfo to get the slight delay you're after.

failing that, perhaps just record some phrases of the bassline with you manually twiddling the distortion... or similar but just lay out the same note (C2 for example) and keep doing it until you nail it. Then you bounce that C2 and throw it in a sampler, and just put the sampler on your bass midi track instead of the synth.
thanks!!!!

oh man, now it`s so clear and simpel to me! the distortion fx in the synth as a destination in the mod matrix! don`t know why i didn`t think of that. Teef

i will try that first thing tomorrow.

i use the zeta+ (1) , sometimes the albino 3 which is also good, but i think the zeta sounds a little better.

making bass sound out of the 808s and 909s is something i have never really tried. i think anstam does that and quiet like this sound.

Messages In This Thread
automation in the sequencer or lfo and envelopes in the synth? - by lament - 6th August 2011, 19:40

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Step Sequencer to control MIDI devices denaris 2 2,438 12th April 2010, 09:13
Last Post: Paradigm X
  software samplers with lfo's that have adsr Fada 9 3,836 28th June 2009, 19:54
Last Post: EVP
  Trilogy VST - automation frustration batfink 21 7,936 10th May 2008, 17:37
Last Post: Kachanski
  An introduction to automation Macc 17 7,759 17th December 2007, 01:14
Last Post: Big J
  surge lfo's djfada 9 1,892 23rd October 2007, 17:42
Last Post: djfada