Esx logic 9

11 Replies, 5097 Views

I'll have a looksee and try to help you on this C x Nothing too complicated, once you get the workflow going - it's just more drawn out than anything. Meantime maybe NI Battery 3 (or whatever version it's on now) might be a simpler option for individual hits etc - copy and paste samples into drum-pads, edit every sound/filter/fx individually, route to multiple buses etc.

EXS is great for very quick (and pretty accurate) chopping and instant keymapping of breaks etc and also for loading up sample sets right across the keys (that admittedly takes a little time if you're making the programs yourself - but it's still easy enough to select a load of samples and choose 'map chromatically' so they run from say c-1 to c-8, and then save as a new instrument). Individual editing of samples in such programs is quite fiddly as you have to go into the mapping window and are then pretty much limited to pitch/reverse/start and end points etc. The EXS is so light to use though that if i load up a program with 80 odd closed hats in it for example, then decide i want one to be 7 keys lower in pitch, i'll just load another EXS up and change pitch on the front panel. Then you can do all your mad filter/mod stuff separately to the other sampler too Grin NB: overwriting the program will save the changes to the original program though, if you don't rename it and save as a new instrument - so basically, unless you want the changes to be there every time you load the program up, don't bother. Tweak the crap out of it and either save it as a new program if you intend to use it with those settings outside of the particular track you're working on, or don't bother at all and Logic will simply recall each EXS's settings when you reload the track.

Hope this helps for now, not been on it for a while but will have a play again and decide best how to make more sense of the modulation etc

Messages In This Thread
Esx logic 9 - by Annastay - 13th August 2011, 02:43
Esx logic 9 - by HRH_H_Crab - 13th August 2011, 11:32
Esx logic 9 - by denaris - 13th August 2011, 20:45
Esx logic 9 - by Annastay - 14th August 2011, 19:27
Esx logic 9 - by Annastay - 14th August 2011, 19:28
Esx logic 9 - by HRH_H_Crab - 15th August 2011, 12:04
Esx logic 9 - by Annastay - 16th August 2011, 08:45
Esx logic 9 - by HRH_H_Crab - 16th August 2011, 09:48
Esx logic 9 - by Annastay - 17th August 2011, 07:40
Esx logic 9 - by Annastay - 17th August 2011, 21:59
Esx logic 9 - by HRH_H_Crab - 18th August 2011, 09:27