ATTN SC label collective

69 Replies, 32560 Views

GAWD I LOVE THE PIETER K BITS !!!

Havent heard them in a good while, so good to listen again Smile

Ok........

Pieter K plate - Sounds excellent. Really nice. Maybe lacking in the sub areas though.

Blue plate - Suck sounds good. The flip with Nexploitations and My mind Is Going sounds a little flat - the top end needed boosting here to get it to sit more comfortably with the rest of the release

AO plate - Sounds fine to me. Quite a dirty sound in the tracks themselves
statto Wrote:
scope Wrote:got mine today, gonna listen at lunchtime Smile

let me know how it sounds

if everyone says they're ok i'll go to press tomorrow

Xyxthumbs

as in written or as in plant?
esb Wrote:as in written or as in plant?

pressing as in making round vinyl things Smile
scope Wrote:The flip with Nexploitations and My mind Is Going sounds a little flat - the top end needed boosting here to get it to sit more comfortably with the rest of the release

you're just pretending you can tell that they were cut from mp3s :P
i honestly have no memory of what tracks were mp3s and what werent.

In fact my memory was telling me that suck was the one cut from an mp3 ??

im serious, those two tracks have a big dip in HF content.

Now the source shouldnt really matter. If I can turn up the top end on a DJ mixer to make it sound better - then a Mastering engineer at the time of doing the master SHOULD HAVE used far superior equipment and done it right.

Expecially when you are mastering 6 tracks - its part of the ME's responsibility to cut the tracks with a certain amount of consistency across the release.
Would have been easy to do and Im surprised and dissapointed it hasnt been done.

It seems to me as though they have just cut plates from the original mixes, maybe boosted levels, but done little in terms of balancing the freq spectrum.
So in summary this reinforces my view that they did a lazy rushed job on this.
Icon_sad
i'd be interested to hear them when i'm about, scopeula Chin
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
statto Wrote:Icon_sad

Hugs learning curve Xyxthumbs
Co..Cou...Could you possibly rewind and come again?
Scope - how much boost are we talking, and where from?
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
learning curve indeed.

Jon fear not too much - a good DJ will hear this straight off and can easily boost th etops to compensate.

@macc - Havent ripped into computer yet to analyze - will try later on. My DJ mixer displays no freq values on the EQ controls so not sure, but I think its doing quite a wideband boost at maybe 10k to 16k. Maybe 3 or 4db.

More later
i will add that the tunes on this release are so good that this sort of thing is a minor consideration...just annoying....
So heres an average from a typical section of nexploitations

Its not as bad as Id expected, but you can clearly see the gradual roll off
Ooooh, you bouhgt inspector XL then?

Care to explain K-metering to me in English? Hahaha
at 49 US $ it was a steal !!
Will explain K-Metering when you over on Sat - see wht I mean re the top end here though Icon_sad
Statto I got them, but can't really comment because my cartridges are crap and so are the speakers my mixer is plugged in to.

They sound ok, I'd need to hear them on a decent rig to say more.

But just wanted to say I got them - thanks!
Kisskiss
jon, as per one of my posts above they are fine in reality.
its just those two tracks, the problem is minor, and its very easily solved. Xyxthumbs
Kisskiss

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SC label collective Statto 23 30,937 9th November 2006, 10:17
Last Post: Statto
  ATTN SC label collective Statto 35 18,346 2nd September 2005, 10:42
Last Post: Statto