0=0...

176 Replies, 41263 Views
Thread Closed 

Ok

I waited, and gave a chance to Jason to respond before Ive posted this, even tried to contact him again through myspace.

At christmas time, I was contacted by Jason via PM here on SC.

He told me of an idea he had.

He had recently bought himself a midi drum controller on ebay, and there was another one going, and that he thought it would be great if a few of us could chip in cash and buy it as a surprise present for Macc.

He listed 10 or so other subverts who were 'donating' to this cause.

I thought it was a great idea and sent $20 US to the paypal account Jason provided (Aliki Chatzilias - [email protected])

I expected within a couple of weeks that Macc would post on SC that he had received this surprise. Nothing came.

I contacted Jason via PM in late January and was ignored.
I contacted him again in February and received a reply:

0=0 Wrote:Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:28 am
Subject: Re: maccs present ?

give me a day..and i'll update you...just getting the guy to do a trace.

And that was the very last I heard from him, despite many many attempts to contact him since, via email, PM, and myspace messages (all the means I have)

I really wish I had all th eearly correspondence where he named others who were supposedly constributing - I have no idea whether it was all just a fabrication or not.

Now $20 is no large amount of cash, but the way it was obtained from me really was low.

If you read this Jason, please send me my money back, and apologise to me and especially Macc for the way you used him to get money from me.

Believe me this is the most Ive wanted to ban someone from this forum, but its not something we do around here.

Good luck with your future dude, karma is a bitch
fuckin hell Icon_sad
wow thats fucked up Mad
requiem and lowbss have a tune signed to synaptix plastic too and they're buddies of mine.
seems like this guy has fucked over alot of good and generous people...
yeah jay asked me for that b-day present cash too - i almost paid it to him Baffled
thats cheeky as fuck.

looks like no chance of me getting that bigtime tune on wax then Icon_sad
@Scope: low. sorry to hear that.

Artifact Wrote:thats cheeky as fuck.

looks like no chance of me getting that bigtime tune on wax then Icon_sad

I think NSF are going on to bigger & better places personally, so don't give up hope Cool
Advertisements here:

[Image: jungletrain_2.png]

[Image: xgnban_new.gif]
I was asked about the Macc present but forgot all about it Oops so I guess it was a legit thing by J...

as much as I forgot about paying statto! wich I'll do it know statissimo Kisskiss
scope Wrote:I really wish I had all th eearly correspondence where he named others who were supposedly constributing - I have no idea whether it was all just a fabrication or not.

i guess it's safe to mention at this point that at least esb also threw his chip in.

jay seems to be so far up in his ass with all his issues that i find it a bit hard to stay mad, and nearly start to feel pity on him.
enicma Wrote:I think NSF are going on to bigger & better places personally, so don't give up hope Cool
so maybe it'll be out in about 2009 then Grin
blimey. i hope everything can be sorted out for everyone.

Baffled
scope Wrote:Ok

I waited, and gave a chance to Jason to respond before Ive posted this, even tried to contact him again through myspace.

He had recently bought himself a midi drum controller on ebay, and there was another one going, and that he thought it would be great if a few of us could chip in cash and buy it as a surprise present for Macc.

I thought it was a great idea and sent $20 US to the paypal account Jason provided (Aliki Chatzilias - [email protected])

I expected within a couple of weeks that Macc would post on SC that he had received this surprise. Nothing came.

And that was the very last I heard from him, despite many many attempts to contact him since, via email, PM, and myspace messages (all the means I have)

I really wish I had all th eearly correspondence where he named others who were supposedly constributing - I have no idea whether it was all just a fabrication or not.

Now $20 is no large amount of cash, but the way it was obtained from me really was low.

If you read this Jason, please send me my money back, and apologise to me and especially Macc for the way you used him to get money from me.

Believe me this is the most Ive wanted to ban someone from this forum, but its not something we do around here.

Thats taking things to new levels of shadyness im shocked!
For News/Audio/Bookings/Videos www.djtrax.wordpress.com
davetrax Wrote:
scope Wrote:Ok

Thats taking things to new levels of shadyness im shocked!

way to ruin the suprise for macc. now he knows Rofl
Oh dear.
Icon_eek Icon_sad
jay just refunded my cash Icon_yippee Xyxthumbs
In fairness to him, he did (eventually) pay me for some records I sold him a couple of years ago now. It took a while, but the money was paid.
erbanta Wrote:jay just refunded my cash Icon_yippee Xyxthumbs

me too, but no words in response :/
Sad2

i thought about all this so much last night. hard not to when i'm mixing the tune he and i made together.

when anyone's asked me about j in the past, i've said the same thing; 'i can see how he would piss people off, but he just doesn't with me... he's just not on the same planet as most of us.' while i've only spent maybe a week (ten days, tops) in his company, i have thought of him as a friend.

however (and yes jason, this is at you), imo there is nothing worse in this whole world than being all mouth and no trousers. if you make a promise to yourself and don't keep it, the only person you upset is yourself. you make promises to lots of people, there's lots of people upset. there's two ways to handle this: don't make promises you can't keep, or if you do make promises, bust your balls to keep them. don't let the new things cropping up - and possibly a drug habit - make you forget about the words you said, the people whose hopes you got up, the promises you made.

i think i understand it - you're a genius, j, the only bona fide genius i have ever met. that's not necessairly a good thing. between that new sound mangling processor to program and that new beat, that new break and the tune you have to do with it, the next trip/mashup, there's little time for all those things you were supposed to do for other people. that's fine - just don't drag them into your whims with your big mouth in the first place. keep it shut unless you will do as you say. intentions are one thing, action is something else. i still believe your intentions are good. it's a shame your actions aren't worth shit Neutral (synaptic plastic monthly business email, anyone? i think there was one of those.)

i knew about the present, one of the nicest things anyone could ever do for me. what a nice thought Smile Icon_cry Smile . unfortunately it remained just a thought, as j lacks the commitment and requisite effort to carry out his promises.

imo he's not evil, or shady exactly - he's just shit. too preoccupied with himself and what he's doing to give time for other people, very eager to say the right things, but too rubbish to do them. i mean this in the nicest possible way, but grow up j.

so there you go, sorry about the outpouring.

Neutral
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Macc Wrote:IMO he's not evil, or shady exactly - he's just shit. Too preoccupied with himself and what he's doing to give time for other people, very eager to say the right things, but too rubbish to do them.

Those were exactly my thoughts really. I'm pretty shit at the best of times, so I can sympathise (SC Share CD anyone? Lol ) It just seems to me that he's shitter than most...
[Image: pezholiodoa.gif]

batfink Wrote:bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK NORK NORK bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK bwabba NORK.
erbanta Wrote:jay just refunded my cash Icon_yippee Xyxthumbs

refund mine too!

crazy crazy

i should have posted my story months earlier...
I too have refrained from reacting, up until now. Reading Macc's post is somewhat reading my reply to a PM esb sent me.

I don't like taking things online like this and I had rather wished to read J's apology than all this. It makes me sad..

P.S.: I too have made some promises in the past of projects that were supposed to happen and never did. Hopefully with what we've learned here today that will never happen again.

P.S.II: maybe we'll all be in the Greece Sun over a nice holiday party in the summer, hey Teef
Does this mean Beckett got his y-fronts?
it is my view too that Jay has loads of plans and promises but he can't keep them, or he can't get himself to do all he says he'd do.

when i signed my tunes to his label, it took Jay ages to pay me and for some months, i got several promises like "i'm going to the bank to deposit the cash for you, it's right here on my desk" but then nothing happened.
then i got stories about the money getting paid to a wrong account etc (believe me, he ain't the only label head who's given me THAT story! Good ol' dnb label managers... *shakes head *Lol)

but then, when i went to Tech all-nighter (was that 2 years ago or something?), Jay was there, after the party, standing outside, and before I got to say anything, he handed me a few hundred euros and his Reflux/Runnin plate.
that felt good!

he also sent me the first two SP plates for free, which was kind of him.

and now, he's paying back to people their money so he CAN do it but he hasn't done it before.

so, i've experienced that he's not a bad man, but there's something about his (non-)actions and empty promises that do a lot of harm and I don't know what the reason for all that is.

I wish J could sort all this out as I am sure no-one wants to bear an ever-lasting grudge towards him.
this shit is so fucking beautiful JEDIcrying
Sir Loris Of Crowthorne Wrote:this shit is so fucking beautiful JEDIcrying

what are you on acid or something?