Code & Mecca - "In Cold Blood"

44 Replies, 27913 Views

have a chew ...

almost finished, this is me and a mate - tune we've been working on over the course of a few months.

check it on the player here :

www.myspace.com/codesubtleaudio

also, check out Mecca's solo stuff, it's gooooood !

www.myspace.com/djmecca

if ya can't get onto myspace, here's a sendspace link :

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1aj564

Wink
2003 drumfunk throwback biz Smile
very very nice Lovesmilie
Like it very much! Has the same kind of feeling that [NSF] Different Thoughts - In My Dreams has, in my opinion. More air and more drumfunky, but still.
thanks for checking,

yeah, I guess it's not the most original tune ever but we like the sounds and the arrangement and the way it has different sections (well, slightly different)

the vocal samples cracked us up aswell (even though they are actually quite morbid)

anyway, more criticism welcome.
sounds great code! i'll have another listen/deconstruction later, but from first listen, like statto said, 2003 drumfunk biz!
I'm sounding like a stuck record now as I say this a lot, but sometimes it takes more skill to make something unoriginal and familiar, but still done in a way that people like.
nice one! Xyxthumbs

_
nice one man. super chill breakdown.
soundcloud.com/coyopa
hahaha... ignore what i sent on myspace... it was obviously playin one of the mixes!

just downloaded from sendspace..

this is fekin wicked mate! my cup of tea!

speakin of which... time for a 2nd cup (obviously the 1st one didnt wake me up)

anymore tracks man?
Utopian Wrote:sometimes it takes more skill to make something unoriginal and familiar, but still done in a way that people like.

WORD!
SHIFT Wrote:hahaha... ignore what i sent on myspace... it was obviously playin one of the mixes!

just downloaded from sendspace..

this is fekin wicked mate! my cup of tea!

speakin of which... time for a 2nd cup (obviously the 1st one didnt wake me up)

anymore tracks man?

hahaha Shift - everytime I've seen your posts recently, you've been talking about cups of tea Lol

you sound worse than I am for the stuff !

anyways - yeah, we started one or two other things, but none of them have advanced very far.

hopefully, we'll get around to working on them soonish.
cant listen atm.. but.. did you use samples from the movie "in cold blood 1968"? the soundtrack is brillant it is from quincy jones!
sub Wrote:cant listen atm.. but.. did you use samples from the movie "in cold blood 1968"? the soundtrack is brillant it is from quincy jones!

no - didn't...

I brought some film samples and so did Marcel - I don't he had anything from that though !
Code Wrote:
sub Wrote:cant listen atm.. but.. did you use samples from the movie "in cold blood 1968"? the soundtrack is brillant it is from quincy jones!

no - didn't...

I brought some film samples and so did Marcel - I don't he had anything from that though !

k.. but then you should check this soundtrack! Cool

tune sounds cool btw.. even on my laptopspeakers!
sub Wrote:k.. but then you should check this soundtrack! Cool

tune sounds cool btw.. even on my laptopspeakers!

will do !

thanks for the tip Wink
Great tune, I love the drums!
Very nice! I like that kind of stuff! Doesn't matter which century it came from! )

And yes, great!
didnt know you were on the beats code! that intro is lovley and the drum progression is on point, could we see a code release on subtle audio if you finish this then?
great tune code!

liking the drum work a lot on this Smile
wow!
ethereal atmospheres,sneaking bassline
lovin the keen sound of drums
any way of purchasing it?
death is the road to awe
J-Breaks Wrote:didnt know you were on the beats code! that intro is lovley and the drum progression is on point, could we see a code release on subtle audio if you finish this then?

Yeah, well I'm trying to make time to do it more. That's a big problem though !

Working with Marcel is a good deal faster, cos he's fast on the technical end - and we both have a similar taste musically, so it works out quite well.

didn't really make this with a Subtle Audio release in mind and I don't think I'm gonna put it out but we'll see if anyone else is interested.
batroteph Wrote:wow!

thanks for the comments. glad you like it ...
no way of purchasing this for the moment anyway - hopefully in the future ! Grin
Code Wrote:
batroteph Wrote:wow!

thanks for the comments. glad you like it ...
no way of purchasing this for the moment anyway - hopefully in the future ! Grin

i hope so, it would be a shame if it weren't Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darkland 032 - Various Artists - Dark Blood LP (free320ks) Dj-Sinister 2 2,350 9th August 2006, 10:31
Last Post: Dj-Sinister