buying one record reviewed in The Wire each month

561 Replies, 378808 Views

XOYO Statto

I asked Cortana Windows 10 female bot - or is that Subvert Bot? Wink  - to "make me a playlist" and she came up with a 15+ hour one starting with Ray Keith - Terrorist, some of my stuff interspersed, and touches on Kenneth Kirschner's release you recommended I. Still sounds really good, well worth the money on www.eMusic.com. eMusic's great for the long form drone stuff because sales are only 42p per hour track <>. I love to stock up on Steve Roach music there, my fave male drone artist (Grouper is naturally my fave female ambient artist).

I listened to Tinariwen on eMusic and liked three tracks
I also liked dBridge recent stuff at Autonomic speeds

I can never remember the titles of this stuff.

I've been reading The Wire a bit more, the recent 6 months of physical issues I have dotted around tables in my flat. It's like sometimes I cannot disseminate/differentiate whether the "people" being commented/featured/commended by the writers are really bad or good. A recent feature for example in the faith based edition cover had a bites story with a half cast woman in it talking about sex and drugs culture in her family and the causality and casual nature of it all. I started to think "you just sound like some hipster wanker, what with your anti-everything, mixed up girl in a mixed up world attitude to common morality", then I took a shine to her egalantarianism, then I went the other way again.

On the whole do you find that the Wire report on musicians who are notorious for being, well, dickheads?

Messages In This Thread
RE: buying one record reviewed in The Wire each month - by Muttley - 5th March 2017, 15:46

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Wire Rothko 327 138,970 11th March 2018, 21:22
Last Post: Muttley
  NEWS FL News - Reviewed by Ontario reviewer Delmore Muttley 1 3,806 16th January 2018, 18:40
  RELEASE Wire: Britt Brown on "negative reviews" - www.thewire.co.uk Muttley 4 6,830 6th October 2017, 12:38
  Nurse With Wound - The Wire Interview kris 19 21,121 1st December 2015, 12:07
Last Post: Statto
  Gilles Peterson's guide to record buying, bullies and beating the competition Statto 3 5,750 20th April 2015, 15:45
Last Post: Law