buying one record reviewed in The Wire each month

561 Replies, 378744 Views

So I got a chance in the early morning just now to get up and read with the sweet. She's been cheering me up by reading me a Wire article while I transcribe it here.
This isn't ambient, it's a single (two-tracker) by Obituary a thirty plus years old death metal group. It bloody rocks though.

Obituary
Obituary
Relapse CD/DL/LP

Last year Florida death metal legends Obituary released a mini-album titled Ten Thousand Ways To Die. Made up of two new studio songs (the title track and "Loathe") plus live material from their 2016 North America tour, the release was intended as a taster for the 30-year-old group's self-titled tenth studio album. With its grinding guitar intro, ballistic drum and bass beats and throttled vocalising, "Ten Thousand Ways To Die" resurfaces as one of the key tracks here. Lasting around the same time as a classic jukebox single, its sheer force is something to be admired - a nailbomb attached to a fast burning three minute fuse.

...you get the idea.

Review's by Edwin Pouncey. Two para. The Residents cover issue. Issue 398, about two years old. Search Wire archive by reviewer, or by title. Title's much more randomised actually.

Twothumbs

Messages In This Thread
RE: buying one record reviewed in The Wire each month - by Muttley - 12th February 2019, 06:33

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Wire Rothko 327 138,958 11th March 2018, 21:22
Last Post: Muttley
  NEWS FL News - Reviewed by Ontario reviewer Delmore Muttley 1 3,806 16th January 2018, 18:40
  RELEASE Wire: Britt Brown on "negative reviews" - www.thewire.co.uk Muttley 4 6,830 6th October 2017, 12:38
  Nurse With Wound - The Wire Interview kris 19 21,121 1st December 2015, 12:07
Last Post: Statto
  Gilles Peterson's guide to record buying, bullies and beating the competition Statto 3 5,750 20th April 2015, 15:45
Last Post: Law