Evil Robots Attacking Me?... punk, metal, hardcore

1924 Replies, 1321675 Views

^^ I heard "Bela Lugosi's Dead" in the car yesterday.  IMO, one of the best dub influenced post-punk tunes.  Did you ever see Bauhaus live back in their heyday Statto?  

As a kid, Bauhaus were sort of a litmus test for punk kids that I grew up with.  Peter Murphy was extremely astounding to envision for your typical hetero male adolescent - this lanky, freaky, theatrical, presumably effeminate , shirtless dude, creeping & throwing himself around in their music videos in black tights, completely the opposite of 80's thrash metal, NA hardcore punk imagery & machismo.  Then Daniel Ash's make-up and ripped sheer shirts, leather pants, etc.    LADIES LOVE that look as we all know, but dudes were thrown off, including friends I grew up with back then.  Bauhaus were too freaky.  ha.

Back then, we were hanging with these thrash metal kids, they were into the standard Megadeath, Metallica, Slayer, etc. They could get into Bad Brains, 80's Cro-mags, C.O.C, D.R.I, & typical hardcore punk,  thrash crossover stuff of the day.  We were at a party and I played Bauhaus, and the thrash metal dudes were cringing right away lol, ".... wtf is this shit????"  They were really disgusted. ha   Peter Murphy's voice, the sometimes minimal, dark vibes, is wasn't your typical volume "rawk" right?   The metal dudes fully weren't down. Bauhaus were NOT for them that night. heh.  Bauhaus were too weird.  

I always have that memory.   Bauhaus certainly divided some tastes imo.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anthem For The Undesirables... punk, metal, hardcore - by +ToRMeNT+ - 29th October 2017, 18:42

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  20 favourite post punk (new wave) LPs Statto 71 52,421 10th January 2024, 14:06
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  [Theory & Premise] "Progressive House" is Entirely Post-Punk +ToRMeNT+ 71 50,274 8th March 2023, 22:27
Last Post: thirdform
  31 Days of Post Punk Statto 34 6,357 31st May 2022, 07:21
Last Post: Statto
  post punk documentary Statto 0 974 11th February 2022, 15:02
Last Post: Statto
  Queer as Punk Statto 1 4,981 31st July 2017, 00:36
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+