former subvert roll call

69 Replies, 51882 Views

(21st December 2016, 22:14)martsman Wrote: Good to be back here, though. Wave

Happywave

(22nd December 2016, 02:08)Shiva Wrote: Wave Really nice to hear what everyone is doing. Congrats bobule, cycom, martsman on being parents, me too now, have a 3 year old boy.

Thanks and congrats to you, too Xyxthumbs The wee one is annoying the heck out of me at the moment. Every morning in a severely bad mood and commanding people around the house Roll It'll pass, but f*ck me, it's strainful.
(21st December 2016, 17:45)Euphony Wrote: Wilsh runs a small animal b+b for migrating Long Wattled Umbrellabird's and socially reclusive platypuses

Lol What *does* he do?
yes having a 3 year old is testing!
(22nd December 2016, 09:26)cycom Wrote:
(21st December 2016, 17:45)Euphony Wrote: Wilsh runs a small animal b+b for migrating Long Wattled Umbrellabird's and socially reclusive platypuses

Lol What *does* he do?

I was trying to bait him to make an appearance, but it hasn't worked Lol

It's better he explains what he does, something to do with computers and techno-fi-doodled things beyond the understanding of this here Hippy Hahaha
(21st December 2016, 13:05)cycom Wrote: Statto? Still on the chess tip?

yes, but I'm not a former subvert; I've never gone anywhere Wave
(23rd December 2016, 10:22)Statto Wrote:
(21st December 2016, 13:05)cycom Wrote: Statto? Still on the chess tip?

yes, but I'm not a former subvert; I've never gone anywhere Wave

Oops Yes Applause

Kingstatto

[Image: statto_453px.jpg]

[Image: subvert41.png]

Falcon
Hidden Sound is doing organic farming
Music critic for the Tally Ho
(23rd December 2016, 15:54)firefinga Wrote: Hidden Sound is doing organic farming

Nice one. Where? Commercially?
(23rd December 2016, 16:02)cycom Wrote:
(23rd December 2016, 15:54)firefinga Wrote: Hidden Sound is doing organic farming

Nice one. Where? Commercially?

I only knew via his FB profile which he deleted , I don't know where exactly (other than somewhere in the US)
Wasn't he living in California?
I'm a father of 3 boys...aged 6 and 3 (twins).

I'm now a music educator. I teach middle school concert wind band and jazz band.

I recently started tinkering with some jungle after a long hiatus.

Wave
Applause congrats man! 3 year old twins? Fraternal or maternal? The first years are tough (as you probably know Lol), but from then on it's much easier than just siblings. Ours play for hours and hours and help each other with homework (sending them to the same class, FTW!)

Concert wind band and jazz band sounds great, too Xyxthumbs
(21st December 2016, 22:14)martsman Wrote:
(21st December 2016, 13:05)cycom Wrote: Martsman is still producing, also father to two children, Martha should be about 5 or 6, and a boy named Grischa who's 1,5 years I think. He's also still running Weevil Neighborhoud (his label) and just released on Pinecone Moonshine. Haven't spoken to him in about a year, need to change that asap. Last thing I know is he worked as a social media marketing consultant.

Good to be back here, though. Wave

Wave

By and large everyone is doing well it seems. I'm still doing my bit for the Subvert cause, in some kind of way. So happy to have ended up doing what I do, I feckin love my job. Even though it damn near ruined me towards the end of this year. Jaysis.

Enormous love for everyone as always!
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
BTW everyone should check out Sileni's Brain Famine band. That album is AWEEEEEESOME. I had the privilege of working on it. It's face-smashingly energetic.

Beardslayer
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Hello Wave
Hello all, 

First off I don't really consider myself a former Subvert, just a Subvert in hiding I guess.
Life is busy these days and my online time is basically on the bus travelling to or from work, meetings etc...

I now run a relatively successful chilli sauce company, am stocked across England, Scotland & Wales - but mainly London. It's just me, so I buy the ingredients, make the sauce, bottle the sauce, label the bottles, sort out all the deliveries, design all the graphics and stuff... it's a lot of hard work but a million times better than working for a company which I did for too many years.

Also still with B aka Bsus.. we just had our 10 year anniversary and probably would never have met if it wasn't for Subvert Central! 

Big love all round and well done to everyone for doing so well for themselves!
Ben Kei, that just has to be the best catch up, ending as it did, with the fact it wouldn't have happened without SC!

Does that make this an online dating forum?

Also, I need to get a sauce order in!!!

Homerdrool
(29th December 2016, 16:41)Ben Kei Wrote: Hello all, 

First off I don't really consider myself a former Subvert, just a Subvert in hiding I guess.
Life is busy these days and my online time is basically on the bus travelling to or from work, meetings etc...

I now run a relatively successful chilli sauce company, am stocked across England, Scotland & Wales - but mainly London. It's just me, so I buy the ingredients, make the sauce, bottle the sauce, label the bottles, sort out all the deliveries, design all the graphics and stuff... it's a lot of hard work but a million times better than working for a company which I did for too many years.

Also still with B aka Bsus.. we just had our 10 year anniversary and probably would never have met if it wasn't for Subvert Central! 

Big love all round and well done to everyone for doing so well for themselves!

Falcon Falcon Falcon

I'd like to encourage people to speak up, whose life is not running 100% smooth. Not because I'm interested in others failures or something, but I had my fair share of bad news this year (which I actually prefer to NOT talk about Teef), but this SC thing being almost a sect and all and Facebook being the place you'd never share the negative stuff (in case you're not demented) etc. blah. you get me, blud.

Btw, if we're talking shocking news: why did it almost "ruin" you, Bob? Health wise? (too much werk?) Or financially? (too much pricey gear?) Neutral
Well if you want some bad news, I had a kidney stone this year, it was the most pain I ever felt. I was given double the normal morphine dose, so much muscle relaxant I couldn't focus my eyes and still couldn't stay still for more than 2 seconds, so also ended up on a paracetamol drip too.. just to relax me enough to give me a CT scan.
It was painful beyond belief and made me re-evaluate what pain is, as in if you have to put pain on a scale of 1 - 10, anything I had currently put at 10 would now be about a 4!

that was fucking horrible. So not all clear running this year but figured I'd give the outline rather than the highlights/lowlights
(30th December 2016, 16:46)Ben Kei Wrote: Well if you want some bad news, I had a kidney stone this year

so did I, earlier this month

(30th December 2016, 16:46)Ben Kei Wrote: and still couldn't stay still for more than 2 seconds

absolutely this - terrible Thumbd
Nervous Glad to hear you both got through it despite the pain.

Btw, has anybody heard from ParadigmX, Rondema, Hovver, Cordani, cp_ffm?
Also safetyboy Smile
good to hear the good people are staying good...the bad ones, well, I don't care about them.
(1st January 2017, 17:00)cycom Wrote: Nervous Glad to hear you both got through it despite the pain.

Btw, has anybody heard from ParadigmX, Rondema, Hovver, Cordani, cp_ffm?

Rondema was on SC two weeks ago or so and posted a little. ParadigmX was occasionally visiting not too long ago either, but is AWOL as it seems. cp_ffm was still posting when I came back myself to SC after a few years of absence in 2014, but stopped soon after my comeback. By the looks of it, I chased him away Icon_sad.

Have no idea regarding Hovver and Cordani, however I believe Cordani does some artwork for Pinecone Moonshine (or at least did) ?
(1st January 2017, 22:13)firefinga Wrote: By the looks of it, I chased him away Icon_sad.

Lol Hugs

Would like to know what they are doing these days Chat

Can't believe I joined SC 12.5 years ago Icon_eek JEDIcrying

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MIX Now That's What I Call Subvert Central (Muttley Subverts Mix) Muttley 16 14,210 23rd May 2019, 14:53
Last Post: Muttley
  Rupture Roll Call antidote uk 27 8,102 12th December 2009, 14:37
Last Post: king ellsmore
  Big Subvert pissup - venue and roll call Macc 83 19,387 1st December 2009, 14:28
Last Post: Ornette
  Ichi Roll Call thush-ara 46 10,565 6th June 2009, 06:19
Last Post: dice
  Subvert Role Call. Next Tuesday @ Cargo. Ashes 16 5,896 11th September 2008, 22:50
Last Post: Ashes