Create an account

[-]
Tags
producers say boh bleary eyed

Thread Contributor: hakthedjbleary eyed producers say BOH!

just spent 10hrs working on two tracks. both are in the final stretch. mr. neil/juju was kind enough to teach me some nice techniques to mix down breaks and bass, so i've really tried to put forth a solid effort on these two.

tho, my point of contention is that my eyes! they hurt sooo bad from staring at logic on my monitor... i have an apple 17" flat panel, with 21" aspect ratio...

anyone out here have solutions for the eyeballs hurting like hell, and not being able to focus on anything?

i know to take breaks, but c'mon, when your on a roll...... you go....

i wear glasses and contacts *gass permeable*. i try to wear my contacts for 8hrs a day, and my glasses at night and morning. i do use rewetting drops, but since my contacts are gass permeable, i'm not sure if i can use visine at all.

hints from my fellow bredren?

get a projector Lol

wow, two tracks! -that's an armload, there's no real solution other than to give the old eyeballs a rest and get some shuteye, always works for me!

...and with juju in ther with you, sounds like it's going to be good!

Get a glare protector... still, you'll probably find your eyes hurting after ten hours of goggling at a screen whatever you do! Hahaha

looking like this? Icon_eek Icon_eek

the only remedy is sleeping man...get some rest, dream about beats, bass, pads, etc.. and get up with new cool ideas!

mt eyesight has degraded considerably since I started producing about, shit, 6 years ago. Icon_eek my eyesight now is still reasonable and i have had to have glasses and contacts of which i either crushed or lost, so i just leave my eyes unaided and take breaks for the computer screen.
Bubonic + studio tracks = Forsaken

Latest track:

Video/Audio embedding in signatures is disabled. To enter the URL as link, please use the "amoff" MyCode. URL Breaky orchestral sheez.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I'm fairly sure I read somewhere the only proper solution is to take breaks.

Bummer I know, cos I know what you mean about being on a roll.

Icon_sad

yeh, sleep is the only real answer....

i think i will also not wear my contacts too much when im on the monitor. i think my eye's were pretty sore from them on top of just being so zoned...

ez all!

hakthedj Wrote:ez all!

boh!

and keep up the good work. i heard some of your stuff at blue's, keep it up!

Xyxthumbs

hak, get some yellow glasses, they do allow you to take it a bit longer, but my eyes tire after a few hours too mate, just get out of that space

taking smaller, more often, breaks in between are good too

apparently just looking out of a window at something further away fro a minute or two is supposed to ease the strain on your eyes loads and let you work longer. so you could position your monitor near a window so you can look out when you're auditioning stuff.

my and optimist??!! (wtf are the eye people called? i know they are ertenally looking on the bright side of life but it's something similar) had a big discussion about this, because i said it was quite simple that i wasn't going to be looking at a monitor any less, despite his recommendations.
Bubonic + studio tracks = Forsaken

Latest track:

Video/Audio embedding in signatures is disabled. To enter the URL as link, please use the "amoff" MyCode. URL Breaky orchestral sheez.

Forum software by © MyBB Theme © iAndrew 2016