Dillinja On Flight's Show...

92 Replies, 8833 Views

interesting interview...

"they've been programmed into that rolling dropp pattern"
The Human Abstract
Baffled

it was nice to hear him being honest about the cash side of things, and how the big raves program people into one style.

but i disagreed with him about the fact that:

a). "there are only 4 or 5 djs who can play a varied set" hmm...

b). "no one is making any decent, varied beats...there is no good music out there" or words to that effect.

fuck this guy obviously has no idea what is happening around and about. makes me sad. he needs to come down to technicality, or if he wants to see a 'big' rave, the allnighter next year.

please dillinja. Roll Xyxthumbs
the man sure does a lot of talking..
"no one is making any decent, varied beats...there is no good music out there"
he is one of the biggets culprits
Ali.... Wink
Team Castle
How he can make those hipocritical comments after playing Angels Fell and Threshold. Sayin that djs ain't educating, he aint makin it. Only 500 people out there who appreciate breaks. Says his favourite dnb is like Threshold. Fuck it take a risk mate. Do it for the music...for yourself. One chance ain't gonna break the bank he'd get it back with one booking. If it's good enuff people will stand up and listen. Fuck the rewinds try the journey. Fuck it's so frustrating. He could so lead the scene out of it's dark hole. ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Icon_evil
click here to bitch about dillinja

Xyxthumbs
statto Wrote:click here to bitch about dillinja

Xyxthumbs

Rofl Rofl Rofl

too rich
Basically Dillinja doesn't like any of the tunes he currently makes.
And slates 90% of drum'n'bass since 2000.

He's completely lost his connection with the scene in my opinion.
Icon_cry
Roll

typical.
would it be that hard to send him a cd or five..? not being sarcastic, just asking...
evergreen Wrote:would it be that hard to send him a cd or five..? not being sarcastic, just asking...

Don't see why he shouldn't be on an SC mix mailout, for a grin. Statto?
just listened to that whole show. in a nutshell, dillinja wants to get paid, and i honestly don't see whats so horrible about that. he's paid his dues ffs. i like that new sunshine remix. Cool
ken Wrote:just listened to that whole show. in a nutshell, dillinja wants to get paid, and i honestly don't see whats so horrible about that. he's paid his dues ffs. i like that new sunshine remix. Cool

Adsolutely, nothing wrong with it at all...only then you can't expect to be able to turn around and complain how crap drum and bass is these days.

Anyway, Silver Blade = w00t Lovesmilie
Logos Wrote:
ken Wrote:just listened to that whole show. in a nutshell, dillinja wants to get paid, and i honestly don't see whats so horrible about that. he's paid his dues ffs. i like that new sunshine remix. Cool

Adsolutely, nothing wrong with it at all...only then you can't expect to be able to turn around and complain how crap drum and bass is these days.

Anyway, Silver Blade = w00t Lovesmilie

spot on Logos
i dont agree...
fair play that the man wants to get paid.
hes done some killers in the past and proper respects for that.
i also understand his points on his drums, and i agree with him on that.
and if you dont like it don't listen to it yeh i also agree.
but thats where it stops..
the man can change the scene for the better and is a hypocrite in my eyes personally.
like myself, he stress's the fact that he loves the sounds of 1996 and clearly misses the period.
but he can do something about it, but he won't because of his on-going record sales.
hes made enough money to do what he wants via unit sales and remix's surely...
he doesnt need to 100% leave his love for the music he wants to do behind.
i find that a total cop-out.
'you dont know (remix)' and 'angels fell' are true inspiriation even for me personally today
i felt the high contrast comments were uncalled for.
to say i'm dissapointed is an understatement.
i think that even flight would dissagree with some of his comments about djs and people listening to breakbeat stuff
this makes me even more determined to do what i wanna do and push the golden age of 1996 forward breakbeat wise.
who knows...maybe one day 501 people will listen to it if we keep doing what we do eh?
I think dillinja lacks a good star quality ... reason why he can't exactly be the next goldie or roni size.

its obvious he's pushed this thug / playa image for the last few years, and it's also obvious that his attitude is part of his character and his controversial tone adds to the record sales.

i kind of thing he's full of shit...he's just not in touch with the music anymore so he makes excuses...he could barely name any new artists!
The Human Abstract
I would luv to hear this interview/show.

Could anyone send me a cd or mp3????

Did he have something negative to say about High Contrast???

Interesting.
'There's no such thing as selling out just buying in'

Chuck D
still think that noone can make a tune like Fusion Cool
[Image: 3850.jpg]
funxion Wrote:still think that noone can make a tune like fusion Cool

very true.

i believe fusion was one of the last good tunes (if not the last) dilly wrote.

edit: nope, def not the last. tudor rose came after that Yes
NOPE crunch from his last album was Icon_eek
[Image: 3850.jpg]
Get him down to technicality. Script
david axelrod Wrote:I think dillinja lacks a good star quality ... reason why he can't exactly be the next goldie or roni size.

don't think it's star quality he's lacking
more that his tunes just aren't as accessible
dillinja's tunes (whether 1994 or 2004) only appeal to a dnb audience
whereas Goldie and Roni Size had massive sales outside of dnb
Very true.

Goldie & Roni aswell as peeps like Bukem & 4Hero & London Elektricity completely transcend the typical d&b audience's radius & tap into some huge wider-based musical audience than say Twisted Individual or Dillinja.
'There's no such thing as selling out just buying in'

Chuck D
with the sheer amount of dillinja stuff that comes out surely it wouldn't be too hard to slip the occasional experimental flip side or album track in there once in a while ...

it's a shame that at the height of his success (with the whole valve soundsystem) he seems more bored with the music (including his own) than ever Baffled
Definitely think Dillinja (especially pre-97) is 'headz' music. I think a lot of engineers and producers outside of dnb really dig his style, and his engineering prowess. Just not coffee table music for the people who buy maybe 5 or 6 albums a year (which is how Roni and Goldie did so well - the people who were buying their albums were buying Massive Attack's, maybe Oasis's album that year and not a lot else).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unreleased Dillinja tunes (Dillinja is usually not my cup of tea but DAMN) SpeaK 38 23,942 27th February 2014, 10:45
Last Post: SpeaK
  Pez on Flight's show on 1xtra tomorrow night! 10pm-12am pez 29 2,887 5th April 2006, 23:08
Last Post: pez
  Spirit interview/mix on Flight's show Logos 27 2,142 21st February 2006, 20:27
Last Post: proto j
  OFFSHORE DUBS ON FLIGHT'S 1XTRA SHOW! kiki76 9 1,051 14th June 2005, 04:05
Last Post: cambridgedj
  dillinja is causing too many threads about dillinja beckett 4 1,947 19th December 2003, 11:27
Last Post: Altered Ego