Midi loop triggering

4 Replies, 755 Views

I'm tending to write in Reason at the moment, and I'm looking at how to start breaking it all down for live performance.
What I think I need is to break my programming down into midi loops for each instrument which I can trigger/switch between to mix up the bits of my tunes so I'm not just pressing play in the sequencer.
I remember Orbital saying in a documentary they do something like this using hardware looping boxes of some sort, but does anyone know of a software solution that doesn't involve me having to write MAX doodads?
Not quite sure if I am understanding you, but maybe Ableton 4 will do it.... ReWire compatible and all that. Not quite sure how you mean though.
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Ableton seems like the thing you want to check out yeah if i understand you correctly...
speak to bobule and get him to show you ableton mate

Xyxthumbs
Ahh now I had a look at Ableton already and thought it was just for Audio loops. Maybe I should RTFM a little more closely Smile

Cheers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Create a Good Jungle Loop hue 11 5,800 4th February 2012, 18:45
Last Post: denaris
  Free loop packages (ACID/WAV/REX2) equinoxsounds 0 1,345 3rd December 2008, 09:44
Last Post: equinoxsounds
  Ground Loop Goku 11 2,854 8th May 2008, 01:14
Last Post: Goku
  I finally got a nice drum loop runnin ! Code 62 7,090 25th March 2007, 08:45
Last Post: Lephrenic
  Looking for a nice Tambourine loop markgabba 6 1,891 21st September 2006, 21:24
Last Post: dsp