The musical mood thread

40 Replies, 5042 Views

Kind of like the 'currently on your stereo' thread, but with more emotion and less music.

Less music because it hasn't been made yet Grin

So; what music do you feel like writing at the moment?

I feel like doing a drum-led cinema piece that keeps you awake at night.

I know that is basically all anyone has heard me do, but more recently I have been doing stuff with proper chords, and nice synth sounds, Amen blah blah.

So fuck all that, I feel like scaring your pants off. And I have just the samples to do it - not telling what though :P
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
i feel like making some proper bo, pirate step Hyper Nervous
WTF is pirate step? Hahaha
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
macc Wrote:i feel like doing a drum-led cinema piece that keeps you awake at night.

[Image: gmorning.gif]
sumo at 3am after listening to mean streets for the squillienth time
then we could develop a new dance for it called the ( plank walk )

Hahaha Teef
sumo Wrote:[Image: gmorning.gif]
sumo at 3am after listening to mean streets for the squillienth time

*warm glow inside* Hugs
Macc Wrote:WTF is pirate step? Hahaha

i just made it up Boobies
I've wanted to do a tune called cymbolic acid for months...it will involve cymbals and maybe some other drums... when i can be bothered to sit down in front some music software again. :P
I want make a tune where the strings sound like you are underwater fighting for breath...but you are calm and relaxed at the same time.

Baffled

Upon reading the above I realise that is pretty weird...Neutral
Tell me more Sumo..........

'maybe some other drums'?

Sounds good!
will it involve some squelchy 303 Acid bizzness then Icon_eek
i just started a tune last night called paradiddle, Cause i have been watching drum lessons on tv , im trying to create paradiddles that sound like real drums so i have many original drum sounds just gotta get the velocitys right and add maybe a touch of lowpass to make the lighter hits sound more realistic
dsp Wrote:add maybe a touch of lowpass to make the lighter hits sound more realistic

Sorry mate, that's cobblers and it doesn't work.

Well, it works, but it's shit. There are soooooo many more factors than the hit getting brighter the harder you hit.

Just trying to save you effort!

All you need is the right hits, man.
Macc Wrote:
dsp Wrote:add maybe a touch of lowpass to make the lighter hits sound more realistic

Sorry mate, that's cobblers and it doesn't work.

Well, it works, but it's shit. There are soooooo many more factors than the hit getting brighter the harder you hit.

Just trying to save you effort!

All you need is the right hits, man.

Icon_cry

bastard physics
logos Wrote:i want make a tune where the strings sound like you are underwater fighting for breath...but you are calm and relaxed at the same time.

matrix - undersea flight (metalheadz 27) Xyxthumbs
dsp Wrote:Icon_cry

bastard physics

You've got a snare drum though innit Wink
Its just a vague idea i've been pondering, i'm not even sure its possible. I want to play out a "beat" with mainly loud cymbals, which would then (somehow!!!) be filtered/processed at certain points to give a more sweeping/stringy sound rather than a percussive one (hard to put in words man!). This "beat" would perhaps also punctuated by a few sparse kicks and the odd snare. Haven't thought much about pads/atmos/bass/vocals or anything, just like the idea of cymbals turning from sharp,clashy sounds into more atmospheric ones.
*no drugs were used in the creation of this paragraph
Hahaha

Oi mate that sounds veeeeeerrrry interesting.

Great idea........

In fact I might nick it Hahaha :shameless:
yep , got the snare, got the mics no stand tho , i will have to invent one
No snare stand, or no mic stand?

Or neither?
Macc Wrote:Hahaha

Oi mate that sounds veeeeeerrrry interesting.

Great idea........

In fact I might nick it Hahaha :shameless:

Yours will be called shambolic acid Twisted
[Image: icon143.gif]
Macc Wrote:No snare stand, or no mic stand?

Or neither?

neither, i will have to get some sticky back plastic and a wielding torch
macc Wrote:[Image: icon143.gif]

hey, i've already bigged you up once in this thread! :d
you build me up, then knock me down Sad2

Teef

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  musical instrument insurance ... dee bee one 4 1,225 8th August 2004, 00:21
Last Post: dee bee one