Akufen

anyone heard of him/her/them? I got a track on some muzik magazine compilation a year or two back. Amazing... it sounds like totally random snippets of someone tuning a radio but slowly builds up into a nice housey type number. Any further info? Is all akufen material like that?

Stacks

yea that's pretty much what akufen is about: very unique sounding house built from various really short samples.

good stuff Falcon

all his small samples were taken from the radio-program

also check out jan jelinek for some abstract jazz-looping techno done slightly in hte same vein Xyxthumbs

haxhi Wrote:all his small samples were taken from the radio-program

the radio program?

Stacks

i got akufen's fabric cd

not bad..not bad at all Wink

this was posted earlier on groundmotion forums:

http://www.groundmotion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=833

(an all akufen mix)

there is one track by him on my compilation cd which i will send out soon ..actually all copies are done they just need to get to the post office Roll ..will do that once im back home

Akufen is simply amazing.

you will want to check stuff on these labels mr Stacks:

Mille Plateaux
~Scape

the style is called 'micro house' for lack of a better name Hahaha

that mix is brilliant... good drinking on yer own muzic.... Lol

i love his smoother stuff (say.. psychometry 3, horror inc) but can't get into anything that's ultra glitchy. i guess akufen is a step above most though (try twerk's erratic stuff... ugh!!).

his microsampling isn't really that new, its basically what todd edwards has already done.

yeah, Akufen's a trip, but i prefer Herbert and the dudes at (sadly now defunct) Force Inc for that glitchiness. haven't heard Akufen's new Fabric mix though.

i saw akufen live recently, it was fucking brilliant. so much space yet grooves like a mf.. couldnt stop dancing

dharma one Wrote:i saw akufen live recently, it was fucking brilliant. so much space yet grooves like a mf.. couldnt stop dancing

akufen was propably the only artist @ koneisto i was interested in seeing. it almost got me to go there, just to check out the akufen live, but i couldn't bother myself at the last minute.. Neutral

0:00 Even White Horizons
5:30 Installation
13:32 Skidoos
22:30 Deck The House
28:35 Wet Floors
34:54 Heaven Can Wait
40:00 In Dog We Trust
47:37 Jeep Sex
53:43 Late Night Munchies
1:03:45 My Way

Smile

"Wet Floors" ... yes. Perhaps still my fave from the lp i think... ^^