Frax + Fanu's 1996 revival

79 Replies, 5720 Views

we are officially starting a '96 d+b revival! Dev Paradox has been striving to keep this style alive, and now has 2 new recruits! over many Aim convosations, Fanu and I have been discussing the '96 sound and agree that it's whats missing from D+B atm... not the beats, not the bass... the Vibe.

Judging by the clip Scarty posted up, this revival has already started.. long live 1996!

edit: its not actually official. i just got over excited, and your not allowed to do that in Internet land Icon_sad
bring back the vibes! Falcon
[krusty]I wholeheartedly approve this product and / or initiative[/krusty]

[Image: krusty_small.gif]

But seriously yeah, a return to the 96 vibe would be Lovesmilie
[Image: pezholiodoa.gif]

batfink Wrote:bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK NORK NORK bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK bwabba NORK.
i'm glad you have found an answer to that little problem. bring it on dudes - if forgotten roads is anything to go by, there could be some fat shit going on Falcon

dunno if i can be part of this little club, as i haven't got a clue what this '96 vibe' is like to be honest.

you do realise saying things like this is bound to give you loads of problems with people saying the 'yeah ghuy but we need to push it forwards not back' etc etc, when you could have just done it without saying anything. Icon_razz

not being a cunt, being serious......
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
1996 style is head and shoulders above ANYTHING coming out at the moment.
shat the bed lately?
Sod the haters!!

Well done lads.. may good luck come your way.

Feel free to unload any offerings onto me once complete. I'll be more than happy to play tunes with such a good vibe!!
sir loris of crowthorne Wrote:feel free to unload any offerings onto me once complete

Hahaha

[Image: badthumbs.gif]

anyway sounds good lads!!
Falcon
Macc Wrote:You do realise saying things like this is BOUND to give you loads of problems with people saying the 'yeah ghuy but we need to push it forwards not back' etc etc, when you could have just done it without saying anything. :P

Has that stopped Dev?
tee he hee, that is a bold statement from Frax Grin

Frax posted that without asking me first; i have signed no contracts saying I will do 96 style exclusively Mrgreen

but yeah its just that ive done lots of thinking regarding dnb lately (as always...) and listened to heaps of oldskool and at the moment that is something I can listen to without getting bored......and i think that is the kind of stuff i would like to hear more and be able to make myself.

ive also discussed that with Frax and i think we share similar thoughts and visions.
yeah ok, so its nothing official lol!!! but who cares? its only music at the end of the day.

I should of consulted Fanu first before getting over excited. lol

i get easily over excited when i hear music i like, sorry.
DJFracture Wrote:
Macc Wrote:You do realise saying things like this is BOUND to give you loads of problems with people saying the 'yeah ghuy but we need to push it forwards not back' etc etc, when you could have just done it without saying anything. :P

Has that stopped Dev?

No, but you aren't Dev are you :P Nor is Fanu, who has gone out of his way in the past to make that clear.

Saying things like that (above) though will only have people going on about 'leader of the chinstrokers, Dev Paradox, and his underlings/followers/clones/sheep' EVEN MORE than they already do.

I know you don't give a fuck what people say or think, but without any disrespect to ANYBODY, you AREN'T Paradox, nor is Fanu, and Fanu isn't F+N, Scart isn't Fanu (we know that!! Lol ) blah blah blah. Explicitly stating 'we are doing that thing that Dev has been harping on about for so long' is just going to have the pricks falling over themselves to cane you ALL with one stone.

I dunno........ I suppose all I am saying is do what you fucking do, you'd be doing it anway. Making big statements is just putting yourself up for a load of stick that you don't deserve or NEED.

I KNOW that the actual truth is that you just want to be F+N and that is fucking IT.

You should also know (everyone I have mentioned here) that I am fully 100% behind your music, this ain't a silly 'your Mum's got a wooden leg' cussing match Smile
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Just read your posts above and now it looks like I am ranting Oops
Yeah as long as you don't revive all the shit stuff aswell! :P Badass anyone..
count me in, i'm into that sound and most people who have listened to my stuff say it sounds like '96.

-see my thread about having a couple of mp3s ready... anybody have an upload?
DJFracture Wrote:I should of consulted Fanu first before getting over excited. lol

Nah, it aint no biggie.....
I am sure my lawyers will get in touch asap and sort that out with you.
IE Frax is going to get a beatdown. Grin
well DNB's vibe has kinda evolved.... its a bit more techy and aggro these days. nothing wrong with that, and loads of it is great, but i do find myself moved more (and inspired more) by the ambient qualities of producers like source direct, crystl, older jonny L, boymerang etc etc blah blah ........

eerie paranoid atmospheric soundtrack weirdness about sums up what i like most in DNB. Grin

but thats just me.
Excellent we can get rid of 'choppage' and 'drumfunk' and just get into "retro DnB".

Altogether now...

"I don't care about anybody else, when I think of Source Direct I... ummmm... touch myself"

Stacks
[Image: banner2_590.jpg]
[Image: swbanner.gif]
[Image: BB_banner3.gif]
seriously! yeah man... all about the vibe! dark and light in the same tune! make me get goose bumps!!!!!!!!!

btw... Forestry is all about the vibe so send the finished product my way. Wink Grin hehe
Stacks Wrote:Excellent we can get rid of 'choppage' and 'drumfunk' and just get into "retro DnB".

Hahaha Stacks hits the nail squarely in the face yet again.
Macc Wrote:
Stacks Wrote:Excellent we can get rid of 'choppage' and 'drumfunk' and just get into "retro DnB".

Hahaha Stacks hits the nail squarely in the face yet again.

what a horribly disgusting term Puke
what in the name of satans cock is '96 vibe'

it sounds like a clothing range from dunnes stores....

it better not be shit whatever it is.

Smile
Hahaha
i think fanu and/or frax 1996 vibe revival mix/es are in order....

...192kbs please... Xyxthumbs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  April 1996 Jungle ID eXtreme 1 1,614 2nd April 2012, 14:09
Last Post: Statto
  Ruff Revival 04 12" finally gets a release!!! Ruff Revival 18 6,351 20th December 2011, 01:55
Last Post: Earl Grey
  Ruff Revival digital finally available Ruff Revival 3 1,475 2nd September 2011, 23:48
Last Post: IChiOne
  Naphta vs Ramadanman vs Ricky Force - New Ruff Revival 12" Ruff Revival 39 9,040 4th August 2010, 09:43
Last Post: Statto
  Naphta vs El-B - Ruff Revival debut 12" Ruff Revival 45 4,889 19th May 2010, 20:06
Last Post: IChiOne