I just picked up an akia s2000...

11 Replies, 1977 Views

I just picked up an akia s2000... for a really good price.

anyone have any good tips for me about this piece of equiptment??

-D.
i hear it works great as paper weight..

Lol

you should get MESA if you insist on using the akai.. greatly facilitates workflow
old skool sampler crew!!!!! Xyxthumbs
Definatley Old School Hyper

I downloaded MESA, and as I have a few old PPC's in the garage I figgured I could now put one of them to work in the studio. I guess I like the Idea that ReCycle! can send the sample to the sampler and I can then sequence in Cubase as per usual (I know I could just use the .rex in Cubase, but it was a good price). I also thought of trying to find an old Amiga for that truely old school feel... But, shall see how I get along with the akai first.

-D.
Is this the one with the classic 'jungle' timestretch algorithm?
Logos Wrote:Is this the one with the classic 'jungle' timestretch algorithm?

Think that's the s950 mate.
I still love using harware. Plus you always get no latency and leave CPU available for other stuff. I still totally use my Emu for most of my tracks...
Just bought myself an Akai S3000XL before christmass, its mad such a difference to the overall sound of my tunes compared to my 8 out soundcard, Best buy ever.
PÚCA Wrote:Just bought myself an Akai S3000XL before christmass, its mad such a difference to the overall sound of my tunes compared to my 8 out soundcard, Best buy ever.

did i sell ya that..??
safetyboy Wrote:
púca Wrote:just bought myself an akai s3000xl before christmass, its mad such a difference to the overall sound of my tunes compared to my 8 out soundcard, best buy ever.

did i sell ya that..??

you did indeed, thanks a million. Xyxthumbs

ps: can the fx be assigned to just one output (ie: output 1 rather the been set to output 1+2)?
the s2000 time stretch is really cool ... and the low pass filter is great as well ...
S2000 is the lick. I love mine to bits. I dunno how to timestretch or nothing on it, I do stuff in weird ways!

I just think it kicks ass.

32(.
Lets make d+b special for 2009!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  akai s2000 SCSI setup djfada 21 6,164 6th January 2009, 18:03
Last Post: djfada
  does anybody have a s2000? Abend 16 2,545 18th October 2007, 21:38
Last Post: Paradigm X
  Akai S2000 and EB16 Hermit 0 855 10th May 2005, 09:35
Last Post: Hermit
  Akai S2000 & Logic Hermit 0 907 30th January 2004, 11:38