Bloody hell, it's quiet round here!

22 Replies, 14185 Views

Icon_sad
[Image: pezholiodoa.gif]

batfink Wrote:bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK NORK NORK bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK bwabba NORK.
Not for long.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!
WAHDINGAH NANAHHHHHHHHHHH

[Image: eekpuppyteefwiggleslayer.gif]
Did you go to the Hayward Gallery yesterday, UFO?
I did!
[Image: stalking.gif]
I thought I recognised you from Technicality, but I didn't pluck up the courage to say hi - I'm crap with faces, and having only seen you in the dark etc...

Weird!
Aha, it was you. I wasn't sure of your name (is it Ben?), and thought saying "hello UFO" to someone in a gallery might get me some *slightly* strange looks!
voidikus Wrote:i wasn't sure of your name (is it ben?),

Yes

it's a pretty safe bet that if you don't know someone's name around here, his name is ben. there must be about 700 or us... Smile

enjoy the exhibition?

technicality on the 5th?
I enjoyed it, but was slightly disappointed - I'd hoped for more optical illusion type things, rather than some old perspective boxes, etc! I really liked the prints with the windows cut out and replaced with coloured silk, which were backlit. What did you think?

Should be reaching on the 5th...
Well, I went along not really knowing what to expect, but you're right - I was expecting it more to be modern optical illusions rather than a history lesson. Still thought it was good though - my favourite part was probably that 90 minute shadow film of Aladdin from the 20's, right at the start! That was awesome, watched it for ages... and then right at the end, walking toward the light through the crazy projector effects Smile
UFO_over_easy Wrote:and then right at the end, walking toward the light through the crazy projector effects Smile

I think I stood on someone in that room Oops
:mutley:

Do you remember that weird bit of glass that you could stare through and it would distort everything on the other side? Some little kid spent literally five minutes pulling faces at me through that thing, I was terrified!
I think you'll find you were looking in a normal mirror Wink
Well sir, I may not agree with what you say, but I would defend to the death your right to say it!
He he did you guys go in the room with black and white floor and the funny perspective?
Don't think so. There was one room quite early on that I didn't bother with because it had a massive queue...
No, I didn't. It was in the second main room (the one with the mirrors in), wasn't it? Same reason as UFO... the queue was too big, and my impatience too great!
Smile Yes, I think that's where it was.

Good exhibition, I bet it was rammed with kids though! Icon_evil Lol
It wasn't bad on the kids front actually...
pez Wrote:bloody hell, it's quiet round here! Icon_sad

Wave
(29th December 2004, 16:12)Phokus Wrote: [Image: stalking.gif]

quite so Bluesmiley
I like it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  just been round the forums in my bookmarks Statto 19 9,100 2nd October 2017, 17:00
Last Post: Statto
  damn it's quiet round here Statto 61 20,529 29th September 2017, 18:17
Last Post: Euphony
  My bloody Valentine noisemonkey 6 4,168 17th March 2017, 03:33
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  All quiet round these ere parts....? INITIAL 4 3,804 31st October 2016, 22:38
  kind of quiet today. let's post noisey things InfiniteSloth 54 13,853 28th February 2016, 07:32