Dnb really DOES need a kick up the arse boring shocker.

123 Replies, 17082 Views

Enough of all the crap now, enough is enough.

Theres so much talent out there thats being corrupted by small minded bigots, money whores and artists scared of being themselves.

time to move on and stop being so fucking Yawn
Jig

Hows SC Recs coming Statto? I want nextploitations on vynalilyl.
SC1 first :P
Statto Wrote:SC1 first :P

so when's that?
soon :P
Icon_yippee
Ashes Wrote:Enough of all the crap now, enough is enough.

Theres so much talent out there thats being corrupted by small minded bigots, money whores and artists scared of being themselves.

time to move on and stop being so fucking Yawn

fair n true

especially the part about artists being themselves lately (and whether you really want to see the real 'them!' ) is an issue

we are in the era of productification of anything, so . . .
*sigh*

i wish things were like 10 years ago...

i honestly do...

and thats a sad way to think...
hakthedj Wrote:*sigh*

i wish things were like 10 years ago...

i honestly do...

and thats a sad way to think...

me too hak but the 'those were the days' mentality ain't that bad.
it's up to us to push music that has substance.

you can also look at it in a "i'm stoked i was there 10 years ago" and use to your advantage. as i know you do sir Xyxthumbs
[Image: scaffiliated1.gif]
[Image: CARBON-WEB.jpg]
indeed it needs a kick.

but why let it depend on cereal-brained ppl?
im sure not going to do that.....

leading the revolution instead of standing at the side-lines
thats what this board is good about. a lot of the people on here are serious about their convictions to make changes.
i know i have tried my best, and continue...
hakthedj Wrote:a lot of the people on here are serious about their convictions to make changes.

Script
you have the power

start the revoloution if you think its so shit

hearing it rather than hearing about it is cool
elhornet pendulum Wrote:you have the power

start the revoloution if you think its so shit

hey man, i dont think its shit i just think its gotta widen up, go beyond the boundaries its confined itself within in general.

and believe me i've been frustratingly trying to do my bit for nearly a decade.

Theres alot of good artists out there that play by the fucking rules and the rules suck satans crack pipe.

:P
i think thats happening alot lately though, if we can make a tune that gets in the top 40 without a hint of commercial appeal then its not all bad surely
elhornet pendulum Wrote:i think thats happening alot lately though, if we can make a tune that gets in the top 40 without a hint of commercial appeal then its not all bad surely

You guys have awesome commercial appeal! Another Planet was full of catchy hooks Grin
more power to those who are doing something about the rot instead of sitting on their arses moaning & going nowhere!!!!
'There's no such thing as selling out just buying in'

Chuck D
ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:those sitting on their arses moaning & going nowhere!!!!

Who's that then?
people who've just had their legs cut off?

Stacks
[Image: banner2_590.jpg]
[Image: swbanner.gif]
[Image: BB_banner3.gif]
dodz and i just laid down an old skool mix last night, and the raw, palpable enthusiasm on those tracks is pure hype on wax. it's like a straight shot of adrenaline into your cerebral cortex.

but i think that happens anytime you're in the midst of creating a new sound.

but holy shit...noize factory "fire" gives me the willies (in a good way)
elhornet pendulum Wrote:i think thats happening alot lately though, if we can make a tune that gets in the top 40 without a hint of commercial appeal then its not all bad surely

yep, we need it all... commercial, non commercial etc etc etc

bring it all on and lets not copy eachother (not implying you do Smile - but alot of new aspiring artists will clone for success )

Blue
You should put it on t'internet for us lovely lot.
vox Wrote:dodz and i just laid down an old skool mix last night, and the raw, palpable enthusiasm on those tracks is pure hype on wax. it's like a straight shot of adrenaline into your cerebral cortex.

yea that's just too true. a few weeks ago me and a friend were having a good time having a few beers and mixing, and the moment when he played the roll da beats remix we just had to stop the session because we both knew very well that that was just it, that tune just couldn't be topped or even followed by any other tune we had.

same thing with tunes like exit 9; you're cueing up the next tune when you suddenly realize that it's no use, you could just play the same tune over again, bag your records and go home.
i want stuff that's deliberately original
uncompromising extreme leftfield business
go make it and let me hear it right now!

Bigstick
who's doing something?

Me
Sebadox
Bailey
Fanu
Counter Intelligence
Forestry Service
Outrage
D-Bridge
Scart Ridge
Hak The Dj
Da Gremlinz
Klute
Pendelum (say wot u want but the boys r baaad! & don't copy any style or artist that have gone before)
Hive
Pieter K
Deep Blue
Offshore recs
Naphta/Polska
Chris Inperspective
Equinox
Senses
Breakage

Just a small example of peeps who r making a change in my eyes.
'There's no such thing as selling out just buying in'

Chuck D

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ANMA, Fre4knc, Double 0 // Kick 'em All sub 1 1,848 16th November 2020, 13:03
Last Post: sub
  all source direct gems kick the shit out of any dillinja soulbeatrunnerup 124 25,309 10th June 2014, 04:19
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  How much time does a goalkeeper have to react to a penalty kick? InfiniteSloth 4 1,935 11th December 2013, 19:44
Last Post: MetaLX
  What a free kick!!! Fada 10 2,794 15th April 2009, 12:54
Last Post: .S.K.A.P.E.
  Dubstep - Good to listen, boring for dancing?? Shiva 27 6,345 29th March 2009, 21:34
Last Post: fushara