dell computers are pants thread

5 Replies, 878 Views

been trying to sort my bros dell out..its a piece of poo, but i said i would have a look at it .....its pretty basic..

after trying to get it to run better i thought i would stick another m/board in it.........could i bollox Icon_evil ......screws are in diffrent places ....its a diffrent shape...and the front panel wireing (on button) is all well wired.......even the memory is not normal..

ive given up now ....so im just gonna buy another case and build another comp instead.....

bit gutted really...its a nice case...
where i work we have a room full of 1.5ghz dells with a really fast network connection and they still suck, some of them are randomly really really slow compared to the others even though they are the same machines, and it even seems to change over time!
I have 2 Dells in me studio an I think they're great.

had a mains hum problem with my laptop but other than that I've never had any problems with 'em.

they're stuffed full of soundcards and ram and they do a pretty problem free job methinks.
how did you get rid of the hum?

Got the same problem with my laptop...?

Icon_question
There are expensive dohickies that'll do the job, they're around 50 or 60 quid.
but I was advised to disconnect the earth from the plug.
if you go onto the dell site they say they don't reccomend doing that, but I haven't had any problems and the hum is gone.
thats why i use Compaq.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hot pants, vinyl or cd rip (link in 1st post) socialengineer 50 6,623 19th January 2009, 22:37
Last Post: frantik
  arg- computers SETI 2 562 11th February 2007, 13:23
Last Post: SETI