Hidden Lab - The Rest is Everything (dubby atmos - 128 kbps)

12 Replies, 5627 Views

I just started a new tune the other day, keeping up the dubby trippy ambient style I've been doing for a while now. I decided to post a 128 kbps MP3 since this is only slightly more than 2 minutes long at the moment. Smile

Hidden Lab - The Rest is Everything (128 kbps MP3, 2.2 MB)

Version 2, 6 minutes long:

Hidden Lab - The Rest is Everything (v2) (96 kbps MP3, 4.2 MB)

Version 2b (minor fix of one of the stab lines that wasn't really in tune before, plus some minor filter automation edits), 6 minutes long:

Hidden Lab - The Rest is Everything (v2b) (96 kbps MP3, 4.2 MB)
[Image: groundmotion-forum-banner.gif]
[Image: conscious-banner-latest.gif]
Version 2, 6 minutes long:

Hidden Lab - The Rest is Everything (v2) (96 kbps MP3, 4.2 MB)
Props for being original!

If I was you, I'd send my demos to 720....
Also gotta add the bass is warm and sexy! :P
Thanks Fanu! Smile I tried to return to my roots in this tune with quite a lot of edits on the drums, and I think I crammed a few effects and edits in there in the end. Wink

I've already sent a CD to 720 and got some good feedback, though they didn't see those tunes as releasable on 720, but I might send my newer stuff to them as well when I've made enough to fill another CD. Smile

Here is yet another version, by the way: Version 2b (minor fix of one of the stab lines that wasn't really in tune before, plus some minor filter automation edits), 6 minutes long:

Hidden Lab - The Rest is Everything (v2b) (96 kbps MP3, 4.2 MB)
tectonic Wrote:Here is yet another version, by the way: Version 2b (minor fix of one of the stab lines that wasn't really in tune before, plus some minor filter automation edits), 6 minutes long

I see you are a perfectionist, just like me Grin I like that!
i've listened to this four or five times already. after cliking the link again, i'm really compelled to let you know this is some top notch craft! this is such perfect example of the artist term 'form and function'. is this seeing a release??????

hak
Fanu Wrote:
tectonic Wrote:Here is yet another version, by the way: Version 2b (minor fix of one of the stab lines that wasn't really in tune before, plus some minor filter automation edits), 6 minutes long

I see you are a perfectionist, just like me Grin I like that!

I am, I am Wink Smile
hakthedj Wrote:i've listened to this four or five times already. after cliking the link again, i'm really compelled to let you know this is some top notch craft! this is such perfect example of the artist term 'form and function'. is this seeing a release??????

hak

Thank you mate!! Very glad you like it!

A release hopefully, shopping it around at the moment, though I made it after my last major CD sendout so it's just been doing the internet rounds so far. I've sent stuff to the new and upcoming atmospheric labels and also a few others (and I've been getting some good feedback, so that feels nice!). Still, if you think you know some label(s) who would be interested in this kind of sound feel free to give me a hint. Smile
shit i have to agree with others - very cool tune!!!... kinda sparse trippy bizniz... lovely drumwork too!!! got any more tracks????
eklmn Wrote:shit i have to agree with others - very cool tune!!!... kinda sparse trippy bizniz... lovely drumwork too!!! got any more tracks????

cheers mate! :d

yes, i've got a few tracks lying around. Smile

connections (due for release on mangofunk records alongside tunes by greg packer, dice, stare and uzhaz)

switch

threesum

long dawn
I like this tune. I remember hearing it on DOA...
Profane Wrote:I like this tune. I remember hearing it on DOA...

Thanks mate!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jubal - God rest ye, merry gentle dude (christmas) Jonas78 1 3,351 22nd December 2013, 12:40
Last Post: Statto
  Scape - Say Goodbye [dubby amen jungle] Scape 0 1,991 16th June 2011, 16:37
Last Post: Scape
  8 x 320 kbps free tunes pack Bone 6 3,413 25th August 2010, 08:58
Last Post: Euphony
  Scape - Maze (deep dubby roller) Scape 5 4,094 29th June 2010, 13:30
Last Post: Nervenom
  Forearm - It's Entity [128 kbps] Bone 2 1,620 3rd October 2008, 22:03
Last Post: Macc