Sweden - England

84 Replies, 3944 Views

Yes

i am interested in finding out if england will win this or not. i am kind of feeling it in the air, but at the same time england will probably bench a couple of key players. any thoughts?
i think england should win their group. if not probably germany will be the next opponent (5:1, 5:1, 5:1,...). in the quarter final they will hit argentina. and that's been the best team so far.
Gerrard and Crouch will be rested as they are on yellow cards.

Hargreaves and Rooney to replace them.

We should try and win this game and top the group even if Germany finish second.
The route to the final is much harder if you finish runner up. We would almost certainly meet Argentina in the quarters, and I don't fancy that much.
it'll be interesting to watch hargreaves starting a proper game

Yes
statto Wrote:it'll be interesting to watch hargreaves starting a proper game

Yes

hargreaves? what the fuck is wrong with carrick? for fuck sake... Icon_cry
yeah, but what's wrong with Hargreaves?

Hargreaves has lots more medals than Carrick :P
hargreaves doesn't look forward enough. carrick has a much better long game, which you need in that position Yes
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Hargreaves plays that role for one of the biggest teams in Europe

ya big fool :P
Statto Wrote:Hargreaves plays that role for one of the biggest teams in Europe
but he hardly plays from the beginning there.

Quote:ya big fool :P
I would say 'so does Carrick', but he plays for Spurs Hahaha

Of course what you say is correct, but he still doesn't have the range of passing that Carrick does.
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Macc Wrote:Of course what you say is correct, but he still doesn't have the range of passing that Carrick does.

Who cares? You don't need a good long game to play that position. Think of any of the top holding players from the Premiership... Roy Keane, Patrick Vieira, and now Claude Makalele, etc. Putting the ball on the spot from 50 yards was hardly their main strength. The holding midfield player breaks up the opponents' play and lays the ball off.

Furthermore, for the long ball we have Beckham and Gerrard.

And do we really want yet more fucking long balls anyway?

:P
Statto Wrote:
Macc Wrote:Of course what you say is correct, but he still doesn't have the range of passing that Carrick does.

Who cares? You don't need a good long game to play that position. Think of any of the top holding players from the Premiership... Roy Keane, Patrick Vieira, and now Claude Makalele, etc. Putting the ball on the spot from 50 yards was hardly their main strength. The holding midfield player breaks up the opponents' play and lays the ball off.

Furthermore, for the long ball we have Beckham and Gerrard.

And do we really want yet more fucking long balls anyway?

Applause
Statto Wrote:Who cares? You don't need a good long game to play that position.

But it helps :P Is Hargreaves that much better at tackling than Carrick et al? Not really - but their passing is much better than his.

Quote:Think of any of the top holding players from the Premiership... Roy Keane, Patrick Vieira, and now Claude Makalele, etc. Putting the ball on the spot from 50 yards was hardly their main strength. The holding midfield player breaks up the opponents' play and lays the ball off.

Which is mainly true, but being able to break the opponents' play down and hit a good pass quickly to set up a break is vital too. Viera has a great range of passing and has done just that for years.

Quote:And do we really want yet more fucking long balls anyway?

Hahaha Fair point Hahaha

But it's different against sides who aren't sitting in their own half. Playing long balls from the halfway line into congested penalty areas is a different matter to being able to catch a side on the break.

Smile
cp_ffm Wrote:
Statto Wrote:Hargreaves plays that role for one of the biggest teams in Europe
but he hardly plays from the beginning there.

Quote:ya big fool :P

Oops
long balls against Sweden Lol
If there's a break on, yes.... But we'd be playing more tight passes through the middle against you lot I'd have thought Smile
Hmmm isn't it true that England haven't beaten Sweden since 1968...MON THE SWEDES!!!!!!!!!
paulreset Wrote:Hmmm isn't it true that England haven't beaten Sweden since 1968...MON THE SWEDES!!!!!!!!!

yeah but we've never had Rooney before... that ugly bastard will destroy all swedes..... dead!! Hahaha

<slaps head> you're scottish aren't you paul??

I still don't get that "hate english by default if we are so shit we can't qualify thing" just seems petty!!! Hahaha
Chris Inperspective Wrote:<slaps head> you're scottish aren't you paul??

I still don't get that "hate english by default if we are so shit we can't qualify thing" just seems petty!!! Hahaha

Yup totally petty - I don't really care - it's just a bit of banter! Smile

Was on a bus the other day and a mother was scorning her child for supporting the english in the world cup - her exact words were "you say that again and I'll fucking skelp yi - yi dinnae support those cunts"...totally fecking bemused me Smile
paulreset Wrote:Was on a bus the other day and a mother was scorning her child for supporting the english in the world cup - her exact words were "you say that again and I'll fucking skelp yi - yi dinnae support those cunts"...totally fecking bemused me Smile

Jeeeezus Rofl Hahaha
What a load of bollocks. Like Chris said, completely fucking petty.
Unsane Wrote:The route to the final is much harder if you finish runner up. We would almost certainly meet Argentina in the quarters, and I don't fancy that much.

this was my world cup route prediction on the bbc web site.....

please no.... the Argies would destroy us at the moment.

Icon_sad
i'd blame the english tabloid press, john motson and the constant 1966 references.

That and you wankers invaded our countries hundreds of years ago and treated us poor celtic whooers rather poorly.

Hahaha
beckett Wrote:i'd blame the english tabloid press, john motson and the constant 1966 references.

That and you wankers invaded our countries hundreds of years ago and treated us poor celtic whooers rather poorly.

Hahaha

Yeah, sorry about that invading stuff old chap. If I was born a few hundred years ago I would have put a stop to it.

I really hope we win the world cup this year mainly so we don't have keep putting up with this 1966 bullshit ALL THE FREAKIN TIME!
beckett Wrote:That and you wankers invaded our countries hundreds of years ago and treated us poor celtic whooers rather poorly.

Hahaha

its because we knew they would invade the pitch at Wembley and break the goal posts, bastards.

absolutely terrible behaviour.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spotify invites for Sweden, Norway, Finland, the UK, France, Spain, The Netherlands. cycom 7 5,014 2nd August 2011, 14:06
Last Post: cycom
  Sweden - Greece Spectraz 18 2,195 11th June 2008, 02:40
Last Post: Slothrop
  Topless campaign launched in Sweden forecast=rain 0 1,202 14th November 2007, 19:17
Last Post: forecast=rain
  So That Dot Records Label Out Of Sweden..... esb 5 1,405 8th August 2007, 10:09
Last Post: esb
  Trinidad & Tobago vs Sweden Spectraz 12 952 11th June 2006, 14:10
Last Post: ALPHA OMEGA