Competition!! Design our next Technicality allnighter flyer!

36 Replies, 7114 Views

Icon_eek

*****COMPETITION*****COMPETITION*******COMPETITION*******
Fancy yourself as a bit of a design guru? Ever looked at flyers and thought "I can do better than that"? Think you have what it takes? Well come on then….

5 YEARS OF BEATS AND STRINGS

We want you to design the facing side of the next Technicality flyer. Yep thats right, the one used to promote the baddest night of beats in town across 15,000 flyers, posters and other media advertising? Good prize? We thought so.... here's the brief:

We will pick 2 designs that utilize the Inperspective logo in the most original and organic way. We don't want to see sunsets or city scenes, like the music something original will be preferred although photographs
are very welcome. Remember we need the logo as the main Visual point in the picture!! Basically we want something that we could enter for the next Turner prize! To make it interesting we've decided that we will
accept full colour entries. So don't worry about Greyscale only.. Entries must be in by the end of July and the Judges decision is final..
To enter email [email protected] with "Artist Comp" in the subject and we will send the logo as an illustrator file for ya. Please bear in mind that these will be A3 poster sized (folded) a la Fabric.

"5 Years of Beats n Strings" is your theme. Its a wicked prize and a wicked opportunity... so go go GO!!
[Image: banner.gif]
maybe the flyer could be the paradox comp? lol..
check the site chris
Design 'competitions' where the prize is to have your design printed suck arse.Throw in a few records and a few t-shirts/tickets to the gig etc. at the very least.

Don't want to go off on a big rant, but that's my view on the matter. You wouldn't expect producers/artists to give you tunes for nothing with the 'prize' being 'to have it released on our label'.

Stacks
[Image: banner2_590.jpg]
[Image: swbanner.gif]
[Image: BB_banner3.gif]
stacks Wrote:design 'competitions' where the prize is to have your design printed suck arse.throw in a few records and a few t-shirts/tickets to the gig etc. at the very least.

don't want to go off on a big rant, but that's my view on the matter. you wouldn't expect producers/artists to give you tunes for nothing with the 'prize' being 'to have it released on our label'.

stacks

Yes
stacks Wrote:design 'competitions' where the prize is to have your design printed suck arse.throw in a few records and a few t-shirts/tickets to the gig etc. at the very least.

don't want to go off on a big rant, but that's my view on the matter. you wouldn't expect producers/artists to give you tunes for nothing with the 'prize' being 'to have it released on our label'.

stacks

Yes

duly noted... we had a similar response on doa.. clearly this hasn't been thought through... although i wonder if we were a bigger label if the response would be the same? Chin no matter
to quote myself from doa

"of course i will personally arrange for t-shirts, vinyl, free entry to technicality for the winners as the hope is to have this as the beginnings of a design team that would be paid for any future work. sorry for any misunderstanding on this.... i mean we could have just put a "wanted: desinger" thread but i thought i'd make it more interesting and fun for us... "

....and again we mean no disrespect....
chris inperspective Wrote:

stacks

Yes

duly noted... we had a similar response on doa.. clearly this hasn't been thought through... although i wonder if we were a bigger label if the response would be the same? Chin no matter
to quote myself from doa

"of course i will personally arrange for t-shirts, vinyl, free entry to technicality for the winners as the hope is to have this as the beginnings of a design team that would be paid for any future work. sorry for any misunderstanding on this.... i mean we could have just put a "wanted: desinger" thread but i thought i'd make it more interesting and fun for us... "

....and again we mean no disrespect....

but then again if you did flyer design as a hobby and wanted somthing to add to your portfolio then its not a bad thing, i can't do art for shit but im sure someone will go for it, just my 2 pennys
Could've always got me to do it again Wink
WiLSHY Wrote:Could've always got me to do it again Wink

Teef
Stacks Wrote:Design 'competitions' where the prize is to have your design printed suck arse.Throw in a few records and a few t-shirts/tickets to the gig etc. at the very least.

Don't want to go off on a big rant, but that's my view on the matter. You wouldn't expect producers/artists to give you tunes for nothing with the 'prize' being 'to have it released on our label'.

Stacks

jaysus stacks surely you know that to be a designer now all you need is a copy of photochop and 10 minutes to do a google image search. grab a pic and chuck some text over it. how hard can that be?

why should anybody place any value on it?

and you should be ashamed of yourself for looking for a reward for doing graphic design. you should do it because you have a passion for design, and love to beautify the world with your dazzling visual communications skills.

Teef
Breaker Wrote:
Stacks Wrote:Design 'competitions' where the prize is to have your design printed suck arse.Throw in a few records and a few t-shirts/tickets to the gig etc. at the very least.

Stacks

jaysus stacks surely you know that to be a designer now all you need is a copy of photochop and 10 minutes to do a google image search. grab a pic and chuck some text over it. how hard can that be?

why should anybody place any value on it?

and you should be ashamed of yourself for looking for a reward for doing graphic design. you should do it because you have a passion for design, and love to beautify the world with your dazzling visual communications skills.

Teef

Hahaha

A bit close too close to the truth though...
Sir Loris Of Crowthorne Wrote:

Teef

Wots ur issue blud? heres my entree

[Image: TechFlyer.jpg]
Hahaha
WiLSHY Wrote:
Sir Loris Of Crowthorne Wrote:

Teef

Wots ur issue blud? heres my entree

[Image: TechFlyer.jpg]

winner!!11!!

Lol
Hahaha @ Wilsh

Thanks so much for all the overnight entries, totally amazed with the reponse…

As an added extra, every completed submission we receive gets you plus a friend free entry into a Herbal Monthly Technicality of your choice.

As promised already, The winners will be going to the all-nighter with 2 guests, plus a bundle of goodies!

A3 (Width 297mm, Height 420mm. Please allow 10mm bleed)

Download the files from here.

http://www.noir.org.uk/inperspective/Art...O-JPEG.jpg

http://www.noir.org.uk/inperspective/Art...GO-EPS.eps
heres my attempt Teef

[Image: worstflyerever7jc.jpg]

yes i know its shit :P
^^^Hahaha
Hahaha you know what?... if you had done that properly...... Cool
hehe well i dunno what 10mm bleed means for a start Hahaha
Hahaha at the :teefthumbs: in that 1
AHEM
based around seeing ladies tits
[Image: stewarttommygun_313.gif][Image: oberon_457.jpg][Image: 1940954.gif]
Patrick Stewart Wrote:AHEM

Rofl
^^ Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Quote:[Image: 1940954.gif]

Rofl
Hahaha ^^

[Image: inpdesign4cj.jpg] Teef
Log'ead's face there Hahaha
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project Thirty-Three (record cover design) InfiniteSloth 4 3,700 29th October 2012, 18:15
Last Post: MetaLX
  2001: A Space Odyssey - Sound Design Project Code 0 2,320 18th October 2011, 13:41
Last Post: Code
  So i saw Macc on a flyer.... Fre4knc 4 1,394 8th October 2010, 02:22
Last Post: esb
  Profanebeatz.com New Website Design & Online Shop + FREE Shipping! Profane 0 1,682 9th June 2010, 15:58
Last Post: Profane
  Interface Design Roo Stercogburn 0 731 22nd January 2010, 23:43
Last Post: Roo Stercogburn