some new good plug ins!

19 Replies, 2373 Views

rayspace
urs classic console compressor
yamaha vocal rack
maxx cluster toxic111
slayer (don't laugh but it's great for those house/rock tunes)
wavearts power suite (very under-rated)

all good,professional sounding plugs and doing good things in the pc at the mo.

Xyxthumbs
'There's no such thing as selling out just buying in'

Chuck D
ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:urs classic console compressor

wavearts power suite (very under-rated)

very interested in the console compressor.......URS PWNS it these days!

i'm getting the wavearts stuff too......i agree, it hasn't caused a lot of stir, but it's killer stuff as well. designed by the guy who used to be the head engineer for kurtzweil.
The waverarts powersuite is excellent. The compression on trackplug is tight and punchy and masterverb is one of my fav reverbs, it has a nice depth to it. I think Slayer's cool, if you crank eveything up you get some pretty real sounding feedback which I've sampled, the bass is cool too, totally capable of a crunchy nu breaks vibe.
another nice surprise has been

hg fortune's sts24 pro space transition synthesizer

which is perfect for pads,synth sounds,fx,atmospheres,etc... Lovesmilie

I've also got hold of a pile of roger nichols stuff & ssl4000 plugins but have yet 2 try them out.

Chuck D
ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:roger nichols stuff & ssl4000 plugins but have yet 2 try them out.

the waves SSL? Homerdrool

fuck roger nichols.... Roll (great plugs though.......the ones that were formerly the elemental audio freq. analyzer and metering are FANTASTIC!)
ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:maxx cluster toxic111

??? couldn't find any info on this? what is it? a synth?
cycom Wrote:
ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:maxx cluster toxic111

??? couldn't find any info on this? what is it? a synth?

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2006952

http://www.audionews.ru/details.php?id=5624

Chuck D
Alright, so it's "Maxx Claster" and "Toxic III" Wink

Thanks for the info. Grin
oops my mistake.

the only problem I'm having with some those plugins is 'rayspace' doesn't allow me 2 save presets.

anyone had this problem?

other than that it's an amazing reverb.

Also the URS Classic Console Compressors are one of those things that need 2 b heard to be believed but they took me a while to understand and use properly as they respond completely different to any other sware comps/limiters I've come across so far.

So I went in & set the comp/limit to the usual settings (say on a drumbeat) & was very dissapointed with the results...then I started tinkering around with the thresholds & envelopes & next thing I know I was in daft punk/french house pumping drum heaven!

Now I've learnt how it responds & am ready to take on the world Smile

Chuck D
I've found the URS and Waves SSL comps to behave very differently - not just because the knobs are calibrated differently (they are dBu on the SSL I think, and dBFS on pretty much every other digital plug). They have very different characters, both of which are immensely useful...

I think I'll be smashing up things with the URS's then running the mix through the SSL...

Homerdrool
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
the 1970's comp/limiter is just Lovesmilie

Chuck D
Yes Homerdrool

going to be sooo useful for my jazz stuff Hyper
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
yeah I can c that,they just have THAT sound that makes things sound so 'professional'

been running some drum loops through it setup on a bus with the wave arts verb, the URS N series eq set to subtle top & tail duties,and a brickwall limiter courtesy of nomad's bluetubes plugins, and the sound is just too good for words.

You can make those URS comp/limiter things sound as brutal or smooth or clean as you like & it handles it all with such ease it's frightening.

Can't wait to see what else it can work it's wonders on.

vocals,bass,percussion,piano Icon_yippee

Chuck D
btw ao Kisskiss Kisskiss Xyxthumbs
I cant wait for the UA Neve 33609/c buss comp....

Wink Wink
got to big up the wavearts powersuite too. great plugins.
ok,some new shiznitt for the dogs!

extreme sample converter
princeton digital reverb
waves ssl
waves vocal bundle
finally got reaktor 5 & electronic instruments vol2 working Icon_yippee
Nuendo 3.2

extreme sample converter converts pacthes from any synth,hardware or software,into any sample format for any sampler to read (for me,my current choice of weapon being Kontakt2)

very quick,powerful & extremely easy to use. A must have for anyone into serious sampling or with a set of synths/hwardware they're thinkin gof backing up & selling on.

Princeton reverb-damn good reverb based on a classic hardware model and much more handy for me than the likes of altiverb which is just 2 much of a cpu hog for me little p4 pc Icon_sad

waves ssl & vocal bundles-oh good lord!!!!

Nuendo 3.2.-this is the dogs bollox and has me seriously considering permanently ditching logic & making that move over.You have to hear the sound quality of this baby to believe it. Infact in the august edition of Sound On Sound a well known studio engineer (I've forgot his name) stated that Nuendo 3.2 has better sound quality than pro tools and is equal to his euphonix system,which if u haven't heard before is NO JOKE!

Reaktor5-just nice to finally get this working with those electronic instruments vol.2. as Reaktor is easily the synth/vst I use the most in work.

Chuck D
alpha omega Wrote:waves ssl & vocal bundles-oh good lord!!!!

nuendo 3.2.-this is the dogs bollox and has me seriously considering permanently ditching logic & making that move over.you have to hear the sound quality of this baby to believe it. infact in the august edition of sound on sound a well known studio engineer (i've forgot his name) stated that nuendo 3.2 has better sound quality than pro tools and is equal to his euphonix system,which if u haven't heard before is no joke!

i'll say again......ssl....... Homerdrool

i'm going up to nuendo once my new computer arrives. it's almost exactly the same as sx in every way though. the only differences are the surround facilities and video. same audio engine. (unless they've changed it somehow between 3.1 and 3.2)

once other plug-in pack that recently caught my attention was the ik multimedia 'csr' reverbs. (same guys that do sampletank, soniksynth, amplitube etc) nice reverbs.....different dedicated modules for plates, halls, rooms and inverse reverbs.

Xyxthumbs
dodz Wrote:once other plug-in pack that recently caught my attention was the ik multimedia 'csr' reverbs. (same guys that do sampletank, soniksynth, amplitube etc) nice reverbs.....different dedicated modules for plates, halls, rooms and inverse reverbs.

Xyxthumbs

ya that ik reverb plug is supposed to be top notch. haven't heard it though.
can't seem 2 b able 2 find that :/

Chuck D

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  All digital plug in EQs the same? denaris 15 5,225 20th January 2010, 23:10
Last Post: TVG
  Free SSL Plug In - Halloween Special Xaf 1 1,782 31st October 2008, 19:36
Last Post: Senator Adam
  A very useful plug that you all should download... subvert 13 5,365 3rd January 2008, 19:35
Last Post: subvert
  Antress Dynamic plug-ins Senator Adam 12 3,611 11th August 2007, 16:00
Last Post: ALPHA OMEGA
  Plug-ins that are worth it Abend 4 1,998 29th May 2007, 12:32
Last Post: titanium