Soundforge on the Mac OS X

15 Replies, 4244 Views

Well sort of Grin

Finally got Parallels running in Coherance mode and Soundforge running. Quicker than any of my PCs I've had and just run seemlessly on the Mac desktop.

I'm happy.

[Image: WilshDesktop.jpg]
NICE !!!

I have no more room for a SCSI card in my Music Mac, plus its a G5, so only option for me is a separate PC....
feck! a dream come true. well done Wilshy, I'm gonna try the same.

I see you're using live BTW - what's it like for sequencing?

I'm well pissed off with Logics pain-in-the-arse attitude towards multi-channel AUs. and logic express only allows 8 Aux channels which quickly get used up between kontakt and battery. I was gonna get tracktion 3 but a few people have been raving at me about ableton 6.
fuck!
Ableton is a big fiddly for midi editing but very very usable. I mainly use Reason rewired into it but it's so easy to use.

Better than Traktion, didn't like that particularly. Very easy again, just a bit too simplistic for my liking.
WiLSHY Wrote:Well sort of Grin

Finally got Parallels running in Coherance mode and Soundforge running. Quicker than any of my PCs I've had and just run seemlessly on the Mac desktop.

I'm happy.

Have you tried out the cutlist feature?
-a}}|{{{
WiLSHY Wrote:Well sort of Grin

I'm happy.

Hahah. That's Classic man. Ohhh... how quick I was to call bullshit too hahaha.

Ok, if you don't own a intel mac and or don't have paralles desktop (which I need to pick up btw) pick up Sound Studio. It's pretty much a clone of Soundforge (Which I fookin' love. Best audio editor out there IMHO!!)

[Image: 13unei76.jpg]

http://www.freeverse.com/soundstudio/

It rocks, but if I would have know about this, I would have just used soundforge. This is just as close though Smile
Never liked sound studio, plus its AU only...
nice! who what where when is Coherance mode ? can you run other windoze apps
Coherence mode is a feature of Parallel where put simply, the windows OS desktop is hidden, so the apps look as though they are just running in OS X. A full Windows session is still running behind them.
amadeus is nice!
scope Wrote:Never liked sound studio, plus its AU only...

Yeah, it's no sound forge, but it will do. Honestly, when I upgrade my mac, I'm going to give parelles desktop a try. then I'll get to use soundforge 6 again. Grin

Anyone had any problems using sound forge tough paralles?
dsp Wrote:nice! who what where when is Coherance mode ? can you run other windoze apps

Can run anything on it. Like Scope said, it's a Windoze session running behind it.

VMWare Fusion is shaping up rather nicely as well.

Whichever one runs Soundforge and the amiga emulator WinUAE best will get my money.
WiLSHY Wrote:
dsp Wrote:nice! who what where when is Coherance mode ? can you run other windoze apps

Can run anything on it. Like Scope said, it's a Windoze session running behind it.

VMWare Fusion is shaping up rather nicely as well.

Whichever one runs Soundforge and the amiga emulator WinUAE best will get my money.

Yeh its fusion all the way for me, even if they dont implement coherence mode. I was so glad with b2 that they implemented snapshots (even if just a single snapshot) - it meant I could get rid of my bootcamp install.
Now they just need to turn debug mode off so it performs like it should!

I trust VMware as a company for virtualization - been using their products, from Workstation to ESX server for years now, and the cross platform virtualization is important to me in that context.
vmware is a life saver
word...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Soundforge Audio Studio Decent? esb 1 2,226 2nd January 2012, 10:48
Last Post: denaris
  Soundforge Alternatives? beckett 17 4,629 1st February 2008, 21:02
Last Post: tantrum
  Soundforge problem JayDoubleU 4 1,469 21st August 2006, 13:44
Last Post: JayDoubleU
  soundforge question... safetyboy 12 2,243 2nd June 2006, 09:24
Last Post: safetyboy