I finally got a nice drum loop runnin !

62 Replies, 7091 Views

Finally after ALOT of time and alot of false starts I've got a 4 bar drum loop running that could be deemed 'good' Lol

Feels like I just made a big step - though I'm still soooooo shit (and slooooow).

anyways, got the break from Parallel (in Indianapolis) - it's called "dusty fingers" - dunno if that's enough to ID it for anyone ? what it's taken from ?

it's probably a relatively easy break to chop to be honest - but nothing is easy for me when it comes to this stuff Grin

anyways - just sayin'...
Audio or stfu
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Macc Wrote:Audio or stfu

yeah !

Lol

you know what, I will post it up because I'm sure that even though it's good (for me) - that it could be improved a whole lot ! ... just been reading Lephrenic's "help with drum edits" thread Wink

will upload it tonight when I get home...
audio NOW or stfu Roll Teef
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
so all the forthcoming Subtle Audio's releases are delayed until you'll produce a deent track, right :P Icon_question

I'd also like to check that drum loop Smile
cram Wrote:so all the forthcoming Subtle Audio's releases are delayed until you'll produce a deent track, right :P Icon_question

I'd also like to check that drum loop Smile

Lol

yeah !

I want all the money ( Hahaha ) for myself ! Lol

Nah - jaysus, this isn't anything amazing - just a step in the right direction for me - but I was soooooo far off to begin with :P
Code Wrote:... just been reading Lephrenic's "help with drum edits" thread Wink
Hope it helped. I'm still not quite satisfied with my own efforts yet.
Lephrenic Wrote:
Code Wrote:... just been reading Lephrenic's "help with drum edits" thread Wink
Hope it helped. I'm still not quite satisfied with my own efforts yet.

... yeah - Breakage told me about some of the reversing the tail-ends to draw out the length of a hit before... I tried it once but it sounded shit ! Hahaha

(down to my crap-ness, not Breakage!)

anyways - here is my best chop session to date !

:arrow:

Code - Choppin' Like A Chef

it's 166 bpm (as far as I remember) - gonna upload the half tempo version aswell... next post.
Code - Choppin' Like A Chef (Half Tempo)

Wink
Amazing the difference between 169 bpm and 166...

can't hear some of the hat shuffles at all once I goto 169 Baffled
despite the quality being quite low in both samples (320 would be better) and my utter ignorance in terms of production (don't expect things like 'the flanger on delay is a tricky one on a multiple reverb' Lol ), it all sounds well interesting - the first one is nicely 'broken' and I can sayl you were infleunced by amen, haha :P but if you came up with it yourself it's a good start I suppose!

definitely waiting for some more loops and maybe, eventually, including the idea of sampling the '12 Monkeys' theme in one of your tunes Homerdrool Wink
cram Wrote:despite the quality being quite low in both samples (320 would be better) and my utter ignorance in terms of production (don't expect things like 'the flanger on delay is a tricky one on a multiple reverb' Lol ), it all sounds well interesting - the first one is nicely 'broken' and I can sayl you were infleunced by amen, haha :P but if you came up with it yourself it's a good start I suppose!

definitely waiting for some more loops and maybe, eventually, including the idea of sampling the '12 Monkeys' theme in one of your tunes Homerdrool Wink

here's a 320 for ya - looped the whole thing again too, so tis a bit longer.

Loop @ 165 bpm :

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bwjsjt

so, 12 Monkeys - some good sample material in that film ? I've seen it alright but it was a good while ago so can't remember.
...bit slow innit? Teef
Actually @ half speed the 'gaps' between hits are very noticeable.

So - I think I could learn a bit from that 'drum edits' thread

still, looking forward to hear what the drum majors have to say on the loops Grin
dionysus Wrote:...bit slow innit? Teef

the half speed or the 165 ?

either way, yeah both are for D&B !!

Lol
thx but it's only looped - it's still 192 :P

about 12 Monkeys - there was a sick acordeon giving the impression of total paranoia, I'll try to find it and post it for you Wink
cram Wrote:thx but it's only looped - it's still 192 :P

about 12 Monkeys - there was a sick acordeon giving the impression of total paranoia, I'll try to find it and post it for you Wink

Shite !

sorry - uploaded the 320 now :

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bwjsjt

Wink

yeah - think I remember some accordion alright...

I used to play the piano accordion believe it or not Lol
I don't understand that - it still sounds exactly the same...it has to be something with my hearing, cos even my WMP tells me it's 320 now Lol

nevermind though - I guess it won't affect my opinion that much and will only cause more confusion Smile
Only jesting Code. I was talking about the 165 bpm.

Got to make it at least 174 Bpm for it to be banging for the kids... Teef

Joking aside, i actually increase my working Bpm from 170 to 174 Bpm recently and have a lot more success. The higher energy of the break makes up for my lack of musical skills in making good breaks. Neutral
Ay Conor - got to be quick as I am cooking Thai curry Grin

But if this is your first 'proper' go, I am very impressed.
Macc Wrote:Ay Conor - got to be quick as I am cooking Thai curry Grin

But if this is your first 'proper' go, I am very impressed.

really ?

Icon_eek

I thought you were gonna rip this to shreds !

Lol

lemme see... yeah I've chopped two breaks before this, but once I tried to rearrange the break it just sounded shit.

but with this one I concentrated on keeping the original pattern and trying to do the editing with hits that were close to one another (or that at least sounded natural together) - it helped alot.

would like some more feedback when you have time... as I know it's still not fully there.

actually here's the original loop, so you can hear exactly what I've done (maybe not much ?) :

http://www.sendspace.com/file/afm0f8

Icon_question
I'll download that - but I can hear what you've done Wink

That sounds cocky, but well, that's experience Grin Stick with it mate, and I'll sit and dissect it Wink

Even better would be if you sent me the cubase file, sampler patch and slices, then I can really see what's up Grin

I have enough of my own shit to worry about though Lol
Macc Wrote:I'll download that - but I can hear what you've done Wink

That sounds cocky, but well, that's experience Grin Stick with it mate, and I'll sit and dissect it Wink

Even better would be if you sent me the cubase file, sampler patch and slices, then I can really see what's up Grin

I have enough of my own shit to worry about though Lol

heheh..

yeah - I will do for the laugh.

cos I know you could help me alot by looking through that.

so, do I just send the project file ? That will have everything, right ?

no panic getting back to me... but if you get a chance in the next week or so, then Cool
What sampler you using? Kontakt?
Macc Wrote:What sampler you using? Kontakt?

yep

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Create a Good Jungle Loop hue 11 5,800 4th February 2012, 18:45
Last Post: denaris
  Nice drum synth only $13 (or more, pay what you like) Paradigm X 8 1,606 2nd April 2010, 16:49
Last Post: dionysus
  Free loop packages (ACID/WAV/REX2) equinoxsounds 0 1,345 3rd December 2008, 09:44
Last Post: equinoxsounds
  Ground Loop Goku 11 2,855 8th May 2008, 01:14
Last Post: Goku
  Looking for a nice Tambourine loop markgabba 6 1,891 21st September 2006, 21:24
Last Post: dsp