photek amens question???

126 Replies, 21728 Views

today i decided to try and learn stuff by copying a tune :P

and im trying to get amens so they sound like the ones from truper volume 2 (A)

HOW?!?!

heres the 2 wavs, my attempt over the last hour and the photek one...i dont know anything hence why i am stuck Grin

---

my thoughts are... did he like, heavily compress it so it was clipping, and then resample it and cut the peaks off the waveform, so you have the compressed sound without the harshness?

hmm

all help appreciated Smile

thanks
its like the hits on the photek amen arent as punchy, they seem "longer" if tht makes sense... hmmm
Bare in mind he probably didn't use the original break...maybe took it off a hip record, sample cd or hardcore record perhaps.
aha, i didnt think of that

i started with the proper wav from amen brother

hmm

would love some of those proper oldskool sample cd's .. full of breaks and sounds
heard that both channels of amen are not the same, maybe that will help. one is more clear, one more funky and crusty. sounds like the second one for me..
[quote:80566926ed="twisted individual"]clipz is a badbwoy[/quote]
How the hell did a truper thread turn into anotherRay Keith / Trace Amen thread?

I'd have to break out that record to figure it out, but Truper bidness is notorious for numerous breaks craziness.

Maybe it's something simple, like chopping, layering and arranging different pitched amen segments ontop of or following each other.

You're talkin' about the Dr. Who telephone booth sound truper tune, right?
-a}}|{{{
dwarde78 Wrote:my thoughts are... did he like, heavily compress it so it was clipping, and then resample it and cut the peaks off the waveform, so you have the compressed sound without the harshness?

I ain't listened to the files yet, but be careful what you think Grin This is fundamentally incorrect, in terms of what happens with waveforms. No offense Oops
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.

edit - heh wasn't too helpful
Unrelated, but....

I picked up an old sample cd at Uni recently....Junkyard Percussion....and this sort of ruined the Modus album for me....

Most of it (minus the beats & bass Cool ) is taken from this CD...... Icon_eek

XAF.
Xaf Wrote:Unrelated, but....

I picked up an old sample cd at Uni recently....Junkyard Percussion....and this sort of ruined the Modus album for me....

XAF.

upload or stfu Smile
Xaf Wrote:Unrelated, but....

XAF.

junkyard... huh. that would explain the fifth column.

KJZ too?

?
-a}}|{{{
Macc Wrote:
dwarde78 Wrote:my thoughts are... did he like, heavily compress it so it was clipping, and then resample it and cut the peaks off the waveform, so you have the compressed sound without the harshness?

I ain't listened to the files yet, but be careful what you think Grin This is fundamentally incorrect, in terms of what happens with waveforms. No offense Oops

:P no worries, i know i know nothing and am here to learn!

Xaf, that cd sounds wicked...upload would be ace Smile

theory did a wicked post on DOA about this (see the grid)
Only jus seen this......give me a couple of days to get it uploaded and i'll PM everyone the link..... Cool

XAF
me too if you please kind sir Smile Wave
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
macc Wrote:me too if you please kind sir Smile Wave

thritto
Xaf Wrote:Only jus seen this......give me a couple of days to get it uploaded and i'll PM everyone the link..... Cool

XAF

I would very much like a copy of this too Wink
^^^ Script Smile
Logos Wrote:^^^ Script Smile

Smile
Let's all try to copy Photek Icon_yippee Hahaha
I'll have a PM as well please. Grin
hehe ... when you guys have finished your photek clones please start a new thread ... i love to have a listen to the results Hahaha

... by the way i also love to have this "junkyard" colection Cool
Xaf Wrote:Only jus seen this......give me a couple of days to get it uploaded and i'll PM everyone the link..... Cool

XAF

Please would you PM it to me too? Cool
well interested in this. PM please?
beats are there to be broken http://musicindevon.org/
yeah comone
here! here! Smile

pm me please, will ya? Wave

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tips on chopping amens (and other breaks) Icewind 18 14,401 5th May 2020, 14:01
Last Post: Spectraz