has anyone seen photek dj recently????

30 Replies, 2510 Views

he's playing at metalheadz this sunday but i'm not sure if it will be mainly anthems or more minimal stuff (teebee / spirit) ..

grooverider is also playing and i wasn't really into his set last time .. don't want to go if its just gonna be anthem bashing ... Roll

man i would have loved to see this line up 6 or 7 years ago!!
http://www.subvertcentral.com/forum/view...ght=photek

i can't decide whether it'll be worth the trek up there, either.

i notice they're only announcing two djs each week now - admitting that it's not worth opening before 9, or just that they're too crap to open on time?
Phokus Wrote:I notice they're only announcing two DJs each week now - admitting that it's not worth opening before 9, or just that they're too crap to open on time?

It's cos it's empty before 9, you've seen what it's like, blatently not worth paying someone to play to 3 people.

Thing is I usually do get there early but now there's absolutely no point Roll
Matt Wrote:It's cos it's empty before 9, you've seen what it's like, blatently not worth paying someone to play to 3 people.

Thing is I usually do get there early but now there's absolutely no point Roll

Yeah, I know... Icon_sad I'm the same - always get there early too. Rhyan let us in early, even though they hadn't finished setting up last time Hahaha
He played in Oslo.... I didn't actually go. My mates that were there said that it was an excellent party, but they were a little bit dissapointed with the selection. Seems like it never really took off!

some pics for you

http://www.junglist.dj/gallery?id=photek-blaa
Anyone else think they should give the early set to selected up and comings? At least they'd bring their mates along early!
sumo Wrote:anyone else think they should give the early set to selected up and comings? at least they'd bring their mates along early!

great idea! Xyxthumbs u should say it to them!
Co..Cou...Could you possibly rewind and come again?
i guess it is only £6 ..

phokus .. meant to come and find you at the bank holiday sunday headz but i was a bit wasted Oops ... had a quick bleary eyed look in the direction of the sofas but couldn't see you ...

the bit where bailey played acid rain for his last tune was cool!!!
dee bee one Wrote:i guess it is only £6 ..

phokus .. meant to come and find you at the bank holiday sunday headz but i was a bit wasted Oops ... had a quick bleary eyed look in the direction of the sofas but couldn't see you ...

the bit where bailey played acid rain for his last tune was cool!!!

Um... well, you wouldn't have found me... sofa plan went to pot when Bailey brought the choppage... you'd have found me in the centre of the floor when Acid Rain was dropped... and rewound twice Twisted
Photek was a little bit boring when he played at that tribal warehouse thing. We left after a few minutes cause it was a bit shit.

Grooverider however was deadly....lots of differet stuff from heavy breaks stuff to liquid funkiness.
on the subject of bailey droppin acid rain.....dublin went mental to it on saturday nite! air drummin cru in full effect....phokus get ur ass over here next time one of the beats cru play....you would love it! Xyxthumbs
b Wrote:on the subject of bailey droppin acid rain.....dublin went mental to it on saturday nite! air drummin cru in full effect....phokus get ur ass over here next time one of the beats cru play....you would love it! Xyxthumbs

:d sounds good to me!

acid rain tears down 'headz:

http://www.tengokuonline.com/gallery/album09/cimg0205
Hahaha all the badmen giving it!
Oops At least I'm not gurning this time!
i was! lucky i'm out of shot!
There's a REALLY good set of his on dna lounge. He comes in @ about 32 minutes. I would go see him in a heartbeat after hearing this set.
"Vive le vol - pure, shameless, total. We are not responsible. Steal everything in sight."

- William Burroughs, Les Voleurs/The Adding Machine
I saw Photek a month or two ago and was massively disappointed. Icon_sad
Phokus Wrote:Oops At least I'm not gurning this time!

Mmmmmmmm, I dunno about THAT......

Hahaha

And nice to see Fracture having his usual spasms. Grin
saw him in early july

no anthems

played a wicked digital/spirit sounding tune,
have no idea what it was...
send fi de hacksaw[Image: archangel-michael-holy-card.jpg]
I've heard some bad reviews re: selection but never seen the man firsthand.

Trying to keep an open mind about it. He's playing here on the 24th--I'm going. If he plays yendi, or really anything off Modus or Form&Function, I'll die a happy man.

Maybe he'll sign my girl's boobies Boobflash
Darth Fader Wrote:I've heard some bad reviews re: selection but never seen the man firsthand.

Trying to keep an open mind about it. He's playing here on the 24th--I'm going. If he plays yendi, or really anything off Modus or Form&Function, I'll die a happy man.

Maybe he'll sign my girl's boobies Boobflash

that's john b's job Wink

yeh, he'll be here with goldie & have heard goldie's gotten a ton better behind the decks over the past few years...looking forward to hearing 'dirty' over a semi-proper system.
SKRUB AUDIO UPDATED 5/2009 SMP 48-WHAT MUSIC?-Late Spring '09 Mix
Sumo Wrote:i was! lucky i'm out of shot!

Yeah you're right there! :P

The up&coming idea is excellent though, I reckon that should be put forward. I for one would be WELL up for a set down there. Could guarantee about 20 people down there at least to see me.
Macc Wrote:
Phokus Wrote:Oops At least I'm not gurning this time!

Mmmmmmmm, I dunno about THAT......

Hahaha

And nice to see Fracture having his usual spasms. Grin

Ok, ok... not gurning so badly this time :P Happy now?

Hahaha
Rob it's a good thing you don't indulge in the chems, or you would be a gurning mess!! :P
WiLSHY Wrote:Rob it's a good thing you don't indulge in the chems, or you would be a gurning mess!! :P

Scary thought, isn't it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So subverts what have you been reading recently? good morning captain 923 597,588 5th December 2022, 17:42
Last Post: Spectraz
  What I Watched on TV recently... firefinga 26 25,599 15th February 2018, 18:46
Last Post: Muttley
  RELEASE Recently on Soundcloud.... Forthcoming DAAT releases firefinga 4 7,221 19th September 2015, 09:42
Last Post: firefinga
  Gaming frenzy, what have you been playing recently? socialengineer 1,165 474,871 29th June 2015, 09:25
Last Post: firefinga
  Has anyone seen A Guy Called Gerald live somewhat recently? Should I go? :) Warbreaker 2 4,444 11th June 2011, 06:58
Last Post: Warbreaker