XP not been able to read 4G of ram :|

23 Replies, 621 Views

Just bought an extra 2G in Japan and stick them in when i got home! it only shows 2.96G after swapping about every slot for an hour and checking the wordld wide web i find that XP cant read 4G Neutral what kinda of a shambles is that!!

http://blogs.msdn.com/hiltonl/archive/20...oblem.aspx
you're getting ahead of yourself safety... turning Japanese even! Lol
Keep JUMPin ya Bastids
ha ha another reason why windows is rubbish.
Naphta Wrote:you're getting ahead of yourself safety... turning Japanese even! Lol

I wanna go back JEDIcrying
all 32 bit based windows operating systems can only allocate that amount of ram to solve it get xp pro 64 bit edition Grin
c'mon safetyboy that is a schoolboy error!

even I know win xp can't read more than 2gb of ram!!?!?!?

Icon_eek
'There's no such thing as selling out just buying in'

Chuck D
well its reading 2.96 gig :-p
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366778.aspx
Lucky Ram is so cheap in Japan, anyone wanna buy 2Gig of DDR2 6400 800mhz ram Teef
I would but I'm broke after my xmas shenanigans.

Chuck D
I got 64 bit vista purely so I could smash as much ram into it as possible - I mean you may as well, it's so cheap right now...

but then I find out serato doesn't have 64 bit drivers. it's the only thing I use that I actually need, and it's the only thing with no 64 bit drivers. wack.
Get on to Dave on this board as he works for them.

I'm sure he'll have a word in their ear like.

Serato needs to have 64 bit drivers asap!!!!

btw-UFO do u find Vista quite unreliable with Vista? My mate was having serious issues with them & Vista whereas on my little Macbook it was completely rock solid.

Chuck D
so how do you use serato with your XP then?
^^ I don't use serato with xp,I prefer traktor 3 in general and tend to use that more.

Chuck D
ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:Get on to Dave on this board as he works for them.

yeah I did, he said they were working on it but from lurking around their forums it doesn't look like it's a priority unfortunately..

AO Wrote:Serato needs to have 64 bit drivers asap!!!!

btw-UFO do u find Vista quite unreliable with Vista? My mate was having serious issues with them & Vista whereas on my little Macbook it was completely rock solid.

definitely, I was surprised.. 64 bit has been around for a long time, and I'd guess most people that use serato are tech fiends/producers as well who'd want to be using the most up to date gear..

do you mean is serato unreliable with vista? I actually have no complaints with vista at all so far. It runs really well on my PC, it's crashed I think once in two months. Serato has never frozen - seems solid as a rock Smile I'm lucky I guess - one of my friends has had problems with vista and serato as well, and even serato themselves recommend using XP over vista at the moment (although with directx 10 out now that's not going to be a real option for very long if you use any graphics intensive programs at all)
ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:Get on to Dave on this board as he works for them.

Serato needs to have 64 bit drivers asap!!!!

I just got a new Vaio TZ (11.1" screen and 64 GB SSD) for Serato and I had to put the usb buffer quite high to avoid usb dropouts. That's either caused by Vista or a not-so-fast USB port on the machine. I guess I gotta install XP and find out. (just too lazy to do that right now)
@dub1
have heard xp pro 64 is quite buggy and unstable, wouldnt recommend it.. or?
@dub1- that's the problem with windows and pc's at the mo,so much conflicting info going around and windows oblivion to the mess that is Vista doesn't help things whatsoever.

Icon_evil

Chuck D
Xp can read 3.5 gig of ram but will hog 1/2 a gig for itself.

Jeez Safety you should have known that you numpty, i thought you were doing an MCSA Icon_eek

with regards to 64 bit - DONT EVEN GO THERE.

regards

Mark Ashworth MCDST MCSA - IT Support
Oops
safetyboy Wrote:Oops

Spank
Lazy jay is still on holidays in his head!!!
i concur with ashes. dont go 64 bit. tis fecking pointless. and very little hardware actually works with it as all drivers have to be signed.

i'd leave the ram in so you at least get 3gb of nice fast dual-channel memory access. Smile
bare
batfink Wrote:i concur with ashes. dont go 64 bit. tis fecking pointless. and very little hardware actually works with it as all drivers have to be signed.

i'd leave the ram in so you at least get 3gb of nice fast dual-channel memory access. Smile

the amount of shit we have had from 64bit. We went 64bit on some servers and rolled out Macafee on the basis and assurance that it worked on 64bit, this was on the phone. We rolled it out, worked for a few months and then broke. When we asked support what the issue was they said "we dont support 64 bit", we were like "but you said you did" to which they replied "any proof we said that?" and we were like Oops

Chaos ensued, fucked off 64bit and now all working.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Our Top 20 Favourite Ram Tunes. EVER. rachelknowledge 53 23,457 1st January 2017, 15:30
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  Selling my MPC 2500 (128MB RAM, JJOS XL 3.27) subvert 0 1,118 19th February 2015, 15:21
Last Post: subvert
  Uncle Dugs Official Ram Recs History Mix uncle dugs 3 2,577 22nd July 2014, 08:11
Last Post: firefinga
  Interview with Flatliner (RAM Records) Law 2 1,511 3rd August 2013, 17:07
Last Post: Ornette
  Ram releases some good tunes noisemonkey 7 2,424 10th April 2011, 20:46
Last Post: DJ ML