this bass only sounds farty in my car. why?

4 Replies, 1744 Views

this bass/stab sounds correct to me on my monitors and then in my headphones, but when i get it to my car it sounds a bit farty.
i come back to the track on my computer to try and remedy the problem, but cannot seem to find the frequencies that are being boosted in my car.
i know my car system boosts the high ends, but that squishy feeling seems to be a combination of things.
(like an idiot, i applied the distortion directly to the sample and saved the file; otherwise i would mess with those settings. Oops )

thanks Smile
what sort of speakers do you have in yer car?
beckett Wrote:what sort of speakers do you have in yer car?

whatever comes with your standard honda accord. basically they remind me of small computer speakers but with more bass (which just gave me the idea i should try it out on my wife's computer Smile )
TVGHates Wrote:i applied the distortion directly to the sample and saved the file; otherwise i would mess with those settings. Oops

Up to yer old tricks again eh Teef

Getting it - will check in a few minutes once my work is done...
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
one more thing i just realized... the car monos the source, so i am going to play around with that.

Quote: Up to yer old tricks again eh teef
actually i'm up to finishing "ugly thoughts" again before sending it back to you (the 2nd harmonic was not yet pulled down in the sample posted). Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Technical Itch Bass Sounds Instruments? zell 13 6,336 13th May 2011, 11:45
Last Post: skygene
  Help with Bass sounds elektrovert 8 2,195 11th May 2009, 15:15
Last Post: snaper