Recommend me cutting houses... / opinions on DMM?

28 Replies, 5644 Views

Im looking for a good value place, about 300 or so presses, maybe colour labels.

1:1 cut service would be nice, want to utilise Maccy B.

Budget could be an issue though.

Any suggestions / advice?

Also any opinions on Direct Metal Mastering too.
Any labels that might have used it.

Apparantly new Vapour release on Innerground is DMM, maybe previous Innerground stuff is?
you're up to 300 now? Eek

I'll buy one anyway Kisskiss
I dont know man, I got so many ideas in my head and ive been convinced by a chap at Nu-Urban that it could be a lot more beneficial to use them if not a distributor.

Im starting to get a wider vision.

All a long way off if anything happens at all.
Also any opinions on Direct Metal Mastering, cheers
Bump
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
I think Transmute use these guys : http://www.totalvinyl.net/ (Loris, still need to call you...)

I'd be interested in hearing about any pressing plants people have experience of as well.
Cheers Macc / Wilsh

Can you believe I got a lot more (helpful) replies on DNBA lol
Law I'm looking to start a small label this year - might be worth having a chat see whether you wanna share the costs.
X Nation Wrote:Law I'm looking to start a small label this year - might be worth having a chat see whether you wanna share the costs.

Interesting man.
Whatever happened with this label biz I wanted to sign X-Nation track or two.

We'll have to catch up mate
Law Wrote:Can you believe I got a lot more (helpful) replies on DNBA lol

COS DEY ALL CUTTIN BARE DUBZ Teef

You have a link? Or better, any of he links you were linked to? Wouldn't mind reading up a little...
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Vapour was on there saying that a few labels have been using DMM lately.

Including his forthcoming release on Inneractive, just wating on the TPs now.

Will try and find the link mate
macc

http://forum.breakbeat.co.uk/tm.aspx?m=1970181642
Juerd oop mon jeunemaisonhomme.

Be interested to hear how his DMM's turn out... Before and after is a bit of a dodgy one though as he has to be extremely rigourous with his gains so as not to throw people off. He could turn it up compared to the original wav and it would be louder, but it's very difficult to say (without actually getting it done) whether it is louder or how it is different from a lacquer-cut version.

I'll ask around a bit, got a few peeps I can ask.
WiLSHY Wrote:I think Transmute use these guys : http://www.totalvinyl.net/ (Loris, still need to call you...)

Did use them guys. Unfortunately we're not putting any records out at the moment Neutral

You have my number Wilsh, just don't ring after 11pm, cos that's when I don't like talking to people Smile
How were they Loris?
I thought they weren't too bad personally. We had 005, 006, and 007 mastered and manufactured with them. All very different sounding records, but fairly consistent results across the board. Certainly a place worth considering.

Re. mastering and wot not. You get what you pay for imo. Sometimes you don't need to spend £££ having a top notch ME looking at the tracks, they'll sound good regardless (within reason).

ST use these guys I believe: http://www.agrm.co.uk/

Let me know how you get on with this Law Smile
sir loris of crowthorne Wrote:just don't ring after 11pm, cos that's when i don't like talking to people

[Image: phone.gif]
sir loris of crowthorne Wrote:sometimes you don't need to spend £££ having a top notch me looking at the tracks

Wave Teef
I spoke to AGR a couple of weeks back, seemed very reasonable.
Although they outsource to 'Europe'

Been looking at Czech's GZ Vinyl, loads of places seem to use them, but im thinking going direct might be cheaper, just emailed them.
These boys look alright...

http://www.keyproduction.co.uk/MusicServ...Prices.php

Bit expensive though... see what the old Czech lads are saying.
Law Wrote:
X Nation Wrote:Law I'm looking to start a small label this year - might be worth having a chat see whether you wanna share the costs.

Interesting man.
Whatever happened with this label biz I wanted to sign X-Nation track or two.

We'll have to catch up mate

Yeah, and do that half that mix too, I went to the effort of pulling out some good dark tunes from the last 10 years that I think people might not have heard in a while/before. Grin

You got my msn anyway dude don't be shy
This is all very interesting...

costs are ridiculous as it stands ! Lol

So, anyone got any more opinions ?

I emailed Beau about it and he isn't all that familiar with it but said from what he had heard it wasn't great for dance music.

I see Vapours Innerground thing seemed to sound okay ? According to the man himself...

did you find out anymore about all this Bob ?
Ive already told you everything I know mate.
Did you apply for that free sample by Mobineko in the end?
Thing is, DMM as a process has been around for about 30 years now, I find it odd no one has a clue about it, there isnt much info to be found online at all.
Law Wrote:Ive already told you everything I know mate.
Did you apply for that free sample by Mobineko in the end?
Thing is, DMM as a process has been around for about 30 years now, I find it odd no one has a clue about it, there isnt much info to be found online at all.

yeah...

I better order that free sample ! haha

no harm in it...
just never got around to it Oops
have had some experience with it for the label. what i had done didn't sound bad at all!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The BBC cutting Late Junction is a blow for experimental music Statto 3 2,846 18th March 2019, 18:51
Last Post: Muttley
  EVENT Another history Lesson: Music House (Dub Plate Cutting) firefinga 2 2,714 16th July 2015, 21:04
  BBC accused of cutting new music from Proms Muttley 3 2,232 4th September 2014, 18:52
  Beau Thomas cutting a record at Masterpiece and Neptune eating Thai food in one video Astrophonica 18 6,592 4th August 2010, 04:17
Last Post: coyopa
  dub cutting pikey style dsp 4 1,459 21st February 2010, 06:56
Last Post: davetrax