Amen - left channel, right channel or both?

9 Replies, 2266 Views

What do you guys use? Smile
Haven't we had this topic 68000 times already?
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Where are the threads though? Oops
i thought the left channel from the old beats breaks and somethingelse LP was the 'golden' amen

Ive dled it before.

Hahaha

can upload sunday if you like, off out this weekend.
just put the Amen away.
^ Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
dionysus Wrote:just put the Amen away.

don't you swear about the amen Spank
i still think its a good question.

the higher freq channel is what I use most often 1) because thats the characteristic of the amen I like so much and 2) the other chan is absolutely fuckt.

it sounds like certian ranges of drum set frequencies are split between two channels usually w/ a slight delay on the kick drum's lower end as not to tax an overlaping freq range. The best examples I know of are Letha, Lou Lou, Fire Eater, etc... all recorded by the same guy.
I can usually hear the frequency difference between channels, but its kinda hard sometimes to hear the delay.

if im preaching to the choir, i'm sorry Oops

if you use both, don't convert it to mono - seperate the chans & keep them @ same length. it then becomes a bitch trying to figure out where each kit sound starts and stops, and often you'll wonder if you're looking at a hihat close or a kick drum pedal squeak...and its damn near impossible to figure it out by ear if its already distorted to shit.
-a}}|{{{
dionysus Wrote:just put the Amen away.

nah, never...

but you could always sample a drum n bass one and save yourself an incredible amount of time.
-a}}|{{{
There is so many throw-away amen tunes it's a shame on the break really.

Some bobby-dazzlers tho.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Basical channel kick drums brandz 8 4,131 10th January 2011, 18:38
Last Post: rondema
  Waves Mercury, API, URS Channel strip Xaf 2 1,447 4th November 2007, 22:33
Last Post: Macc
  Channel Strip geekery Macc 3 1,200 17th August 2007, 17:08
Last Post: Senator Adam
  Stereo Out/Output channel and limiters dionysus 23 4,233 12th July 2006, 17:40
Last Post: dionysus
  URS Channel strip announced Macc 13 2,536 12th June 2006, 09:56
Last Post: subvert