that Syncing feeling.....!

0 Replies, 381 Views

hello geeks :-d

well, yesterday i put my foot down, banning both my good woman and the internet from my old (but capable) acer laptop pc - i unearthed a 1 x in, 1 x out midi usb interface and thought i'd give the sync thing a go.....

i have literally hundreds of half finished tracks and ideas/loops still on the pc that i'd done between cubase sx3 and ableton live, or a combination of the 2, rewired. as such i never wanted to give up on it completely, but it has been cast aside since getting my macbook/logic studio late last year.

anyway

tried hooking them both up last night and was amazed to see logic and ableton sync up together perfectly...! it's been amazing to hear all those mental freeware plugs going again, and am made up that i can basically use the pc as a glorified sound module now, using both the native live plugs and all my vsts (as it's not rewired), yet finally having a good standard of midi control from logic - humanise/quantise etc

my question is this - i'm not getting any joy when trying to sync to sx3, and half of the thing i missed from the cubase was the powerful and non-destructive audio editing. does anyone here slave these 2 apps, and if so, how?

i also downloaded shortcircuit 2 soon after, and having used it for roughly an hour, have been blown away....!! Wink although i'm still unsure if you can slice breaks on it, or do you just have to import wavs individually? anyway, i'm really considering using the pc/sc to do all my breaks/drums on now, while sequencing everything through logic - my problem is that there are so many options between the 2 platforms, that i feel stuck already - i'm running logic/mac through my m-audio fw410 (10 x outs) but i only have an echo indigo pcmcia card on the acer (mini jack out) - this is fine to a certain point, but if i'm gonna be doing all my drums through it, should i consider another multi-out soundcard for the pc, or maybe run audio back through the mac via fxteleport or wormhole, etc?

apologies for the random nature of this thread, i'm as confused as i am excited by the scope of running the 2 side by side, now it's just a matter of working out how to simplify the whole thing.....

any thoughts are much appreciated and cheers for sticking with my endless waffling Oops

much love as always, from maff