Deep Blue - Helicopter Tune 2008 VIP

just heard Danny Byrd spin this in Boston, unfortunately it was the last tune of the night and the club were shitbags so they shut it down before he had a chance to rewind and play it through fully.....

Icon_eek nice stuff!!! anyone know if it's by Deep Blue, or by Danny Byrd or someone else?

Hopefully by Deep Blue, but not sure how much he is on the circuit now days.
Seem him down my local playing house quite often.

Danny Byrd is a possibility I suppose, also Zero T; he has his hands in a lot of remix pies lately.
High Contrast on a longshot prehaps? (ie; Renegade Snares remix)

Icon_eek must check this
www.soundcloud.com/dsp

[url=www.reroutemusic.com][/url]

just wont be the same @ 180bpm

safetyboy Wrote:just wont be the same @ 180bpm

gabba rmx or stfu
www.soundcloud.com/dsp

[url=www.reroutemusic.com][/url]

safetyboy Wrote:just wont be the same @ 180bpm

in which case, using the power of the pitch control, we'll just have to play it slower!

Grin
...it's like a bloody LIBRARY out there!!! http://twitter.com/executivesteve

Nooooooooooooooooooo Icon_cry

well, if he says it's quite nice i'll take it on faith it might well be...

i've nothing AT ALL against remixes of old tunes if they're good remixes; it's only the shitty throwaway ones i dislike...

tyranny Wrote:well, if he says it's quite nice i'll take it on faith it might well be...

i've nothing AT ALL against remixes of old tunes if they're good remixes; it's only the shitty throwaway ones i dislike...

What are the odds of a good update though? The last decent ones I heard were probly drums 95 or the original foul play remix of Lord of the Null lines... Smile

Worst Deep Blue tune evvaaaaa

i didn't hear enough of it to say for certain that it's 100% awesome, since they shut him down right when he was about to rewind and drop it for real.. also, i was pretty tore up Yes sounded promising though, and i fucking love that tune and am stoked for there to be any sort of context where i can hear it played out at local dnb nights. even if it's "too fast" or [insert typical whinging about modern dnb tunes here --><-- ].

unlike some other oldschool tunes, "helicopter tune" is pretty simple element-wise, so i could see it still sounding nice even in a modern context (unlike complex tunes where modern produces end up stripping 90% of the good stuff away in order to make it modern, i.e. hyper on experience remixes from a few years ago..)

Well that Cyantific remix of "cold fresh air" a while back was pretty good...

Nothing to say it can't be done well, although i will readily agree that it rarely is done well...

Paradox is remixing "Repertoire" - I'd imagine that should turn out ok...

It's just when you get the likes of Twisted Individual remixing "World of Music" that things go tits-up... Or Total Science remixing themselves...

tyranny Wrote:Well that Cyantific remix of "cold fresh air" a while back was pretty good...

Paradox is remixing "Repertoire" - I'd imagine that should turn out ok...

Ah nice, I read that it was one of his favourite tunes somewhere.

Hopefully some sort of really good metalheadz remix ep?
Hoppefully not backed with some cack new J Majik tune

i can't imagine j majik being let anywhere within an asses roar of a metalheadz release these days to be honest...

apparently the last time he played a set at a headz night he played loads of twisted individual and had people booing

I'm all down for classics, but for some reason the original Helicopter Tune never struck me as very good...not bad, per se...just boring.

Roll

tyranny Wrote:apparently the last time he played a set at a headz night he played loads of twisted individual and had people booing

lol what a cunt

I dont get it, at 17/20 these blokes are making amazing, deep, adult sounds; proper music.

The older they get, the worse they get?
They are growing up but they get more musically immature with each year

loved the original, wasn't too into helicopter 97, thought the cause for concern remix was dreadful...

the odds are this won't be the worst tune of the week it comes out in anyway

Law Wrote:I dont get it, at 17/20 these blokes are making amazing, deep, adult sounds; proper music.

my theory is that they are smoking less herb as they get older, dropping the quality of their tunage

no proof to that

just a hypothesis

See when I smoke, everything sounds better.
So I would end up making some looped break and some sine bass thinking it was the best thing ever.
Listen back the next day when Im not lean and it would be awful lol

Law Wrote:See when I smoke, everything sounds better.
So I would end up making some looped break and some sine bass thinking it was the best thing ever.
Listen back the next day when Im not lean and it would be awful lol

I know, right?

I can not even mess with mixing when I am twisted...I just sit there, listening to the record, forgetting to mix.

truth agent Wrote:
Law Wrote:I dont get it, at 17/20 these blokes are making amazing, deep, adult sounds; proper music.

my theory is that they are smoking less herb as they get older, dropping the quality of their tunage

no proof to that

just a hypothesis

actually - j maik said so himself in an interview

he actually DISMISSED his early work as being "too much weed and making tunes for his headphones" or something like that.

Lol

what a sorry cunt he must be then.

i'm happy to take the credit for 'your sound', if he doesn't want to....
bare

Top bloke though Grin

With Danny Bird on a jungle tip at the moment, so to speak, could well be him. Ah well, sure it'll be plastered over EVERY d&b forum soon enough with varying degrees of cussing and acceptance.

Cyantific's remix of Cold Fresh Air is top drawer.

WiLSHY Wrote:Top bloke though Grin

Really? I heard he eats ******. That's not on.
bare

That's just cruel. Be careful.

Possibly Related Threads...
3rd September 2012, 14:35
Last Post: davetrax
24th August 2012, 20:58
Last Post: 8bits
19th August 2012, 01:47
Last Post: Statto
18th August 2012, 02:37
Last Post: MetaLX
28th January 2010, 18:16