What do you think of this quote from D-Bridge?

8 Replies, 1195 Views

Quote:Endclub.com: Do you think this problem of thinking of the dancefloor first is endemic in drum & bass?

D-Bridge: The scene does still suffer from it, people making music for the wrong reasons, but I don’t know, maybe I’m wrong and these people are really into the tunes that they’re making – but when I listen to tunes from the last two or three years and compare them to tunes from the era that I believe it was at its most interesting they don’t even compare – two completely different genres almost! This isn’t the music that people outside of our scene can look too, and that’s a big beef of mine – I collect music from outside of my genre and I’d like to think that some of these artists that I collect might have some of my records in their collection; and if they judge drum & bass on some of those sort of tunes then I can’t see that happening. There was a time when Matrix and Dillinja and people like that were remixing big names outside of our scene, people were really impressed with what we were doing, and you don’t really get that anymore. It’s almost like we stopped taking ourselves seriously, so everyone else did. People are always saying “oh but we’re just having fun”, and fun’s cool but at the same time there’s nothing wrong with being a bit serious about what you’re doing as well. The Bunch of Cuts lot, we’re from the serious camp, in fact someone the other day called us the The Illuminati haha…

I couldn't say it better....the man really knows what he's talking about, AND he's not some internet forum geek that do nothing all day but complaint, the man is a main player in this 'scene'.
Agreed Applause
man speaks the truth, bigup d bridge Xyxthumbs
Applause

luckily its starting to seem that the "fun" years are over and the wages are
more on hangover cup now, time to get to work and do some serious stuff Smile
nice read

still hoping for better days, till then well work hard
can't see it changing though to be honest. It's been iffy for 5+ years now so maybe is beyond redemption.
europhile
jaded_youth Wrote:can't see it changing though to be honest. It's been iffy for 5+ years now so maybe is beyond redemption.

nah man... have to keep the faith.... Grin I'm proud to have a release on this guy's label with talk like that Grin
I cannot wait for that release! [Image: hyper.gif]
D-Bridge Wrote:I collect music from outside of my genre and I’d like to think that some of these artists that I collect might have some of my records in their collection

Applause the soul of a true musician

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wayne Bridge v John Terry - The Real Battle at the Bridge subvert 2 1,925 28th February 2010, 02:06
Last Post: markgabba
  The Euro 2008 commentator quote thread thush-ara 36 5,914 27th June 2008, 14:03
Last Post: thush-ara
  my einstein quote of the day.... dodz 24 1,856 17th November 2007, 21:39
Last Post: proto j
  chuck palahniuk quote qµ:rec 2 649 14th June 2007, 08:38
Last Post: flx
  check out this fabio quote from a doa interview... proto j 37 3,440 7th November 2005, 10:38
Last Post: Unsane