Equinox- Acid Rain (Breakage Century 47 Remix)

19 Replies, 5063 Views

Absolutely colossal and despite my aversion to choosing my favourite tunes ever, it's fair to say that this is my favourite tune ever, at least in drum and bass.

It's like a sinister bastard robotic horse galloping in when the beats start up.

Then those robotic vocal sounds send me over the edge every time. Icon_eek and then Wtf

The amen is worked to perfection (or as near as to warrant using the word) throughout.

As much as I don't want to give requests, well.. maybe someone should play this at Technicality this weekend if they fancy slotting it in somewhere. Wink
that was always played at herbal, don't think I've heard it in room one yet.

i think i'm playing next month might try and drop it then...
the VIP was nice, but honestly, this one is the ONE
When twats at house parties ask me to play some R&B, this is my response. Some rhythm that makes them blue.
Yeah this is the original breakage remix isnt it?

Yeah its awesome.
Should have seen peoples faces when I was dropping this when it came out, fucked peoples heads up.
These people had never heard of Remarc, Bizzy B etc before
That's the one. Fun playing it to those people for the reactions alone.

A Mastercard moment for sure.
I remember DJing on a pirate station in Stevenage.
10 minutes before the end of my set the next DJ's arrived, garage DJ's with some MC's

These two MC's started chatting over my set, I was slightly annoyed but instead of moaning I dropped Paradox - Play Twice Before Listening and then Acid Rain remix.
Ah you should have seen it, they were all over the place out of time trying to MC over play twice and then when Acid Rain dropped the just put the mic down and walked off.

Mission complete!
That's the spirit. Hahaha
Like a musical punchdown. Done the same with Internal Ropes by dgoHn. MCs just give up Grin

Unless they know all about the choppy sound. Then they give up and appreciate Teef
When I first got Acid Rain on its release date, I must say I had to sit down and listen a couple of times before I could easily mix out of it.

That was ages ago now to be fair.
I was in my prime when that come out. I've never mixed as well as those days of playing out most weeks, radio most weeks etc etc.

Rob Phokus will remember my impromptu 3 deck session on UK Rumble. I remember 2 of the tracks were 4D by Paradox and Acid Rain, plus some other mental amen thing on the 3rd deck. That hour show must have lost me a good few calories!

Those days are sadly gone for me. Couldn't even be bothered to 3 deck these days!
We are alike man, Only time I ever bother to mix is if im booked somewhere these days, which is barely ever lol
WiLSHY Wrote:I was in my prime when that come out. I've never mixed as well as those days of playing out most weeks, radio most weeks etc etc.

Rob Phokus will remember my impromptu 3 deck session on UK Rumble. I remember 2 of the tracks were 4D by Paradox and Acid Rain, plus some other mental amen thing on the 3rd deck. That hour show must have lost me a good few calories!

Those days are sadly gone for me. Couldn't even be bothered to 3 deck these days!

Wasn't one of them Alternate Misery? Even so, mix was sick...
thought i'd played this recently
you can download it @

http://www.pfradio.com

vol 3
Compound feelings
by
neil s

8th spirt — gremlinz & stranjah — gamma ray records
frost — seba & paradox — bassbin
cosmos — alias — bassbin
all i need — spirit — Inneractive Music
nightshift — silent witness & break — metalheadz
the rebal — outrage — metalheadz
ritual — thinktank — obscene
deceit — rob f & su-real — hostile
babylon — senses — bassbin
murder music (the fix rmx) — titan — renegade recordings
broadwalk — alpha omega — slow motion recordings
acid rain (breakage rmx) — equinox — inperspective records
I have the vip, love it and rinse it, but will I ever hear this new version you speak of?

I hate all these "best tunes ever" threads cause 80% of the time I can't find it or will never hear it. aka jealous of you all.
it's not new, it was the first breakage remix that was on the flip of the original...
Is it "Century 47" vip remix or "Final Chapter" remix. Because I have the 2nd one for some reason.
Are they the same?
Century 47 - http://www.discogs.com/release/219304

Final Chapter - http://www.discogs.com/release/634905
century 47 ftw!
thanks Phokus and dwarde!!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RELEASE OUT NOW: HMR - THE RAIN EP (OmniEP294) Euphony 0 410 4th December 2022, 08:18
Last Post: Euphony
  RELEASE OUT NOW: VARIOUS ARTISTS - 21ST CENTURY MANTRAS (Omni097) Euphony 0 529 23rd January 2022, 08:15
Last Post: Euphony
  RIP Douglas Rain Dinsdale 5 3,899 13th November 2018, 19:24
Last Post: Muttley
  MIX Muttley - 15 MOF Pts. 95-100 - 6 part century celebration Muttley 0 1,245 4th July 2016, 15:23
Last Post: Muttley
  Pulse - Stay Calm (Equinox Remix) haxhi 25 5,377 21st February 2015, 17:50
Last Post: Law