stand alone limiter vsti

7 Replies, 3371 Views

dose any one know of one so i can put on my input channel when recording a mix?
If it clips when it is recording, it will already have clipped before it gets to the VST. Limiting it would be closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Just turn your input down you nutter!
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
well i was thinking of having it before the recording soft ware, so it'll go thru the limiter before being recorded. may not be a vsti i'm looking for, i have ideas in my head but wanna try em to see if they'll work. but ya right i just need to keep an eye on the levels, old skool style
Assuming you're doing this to prevent clipping, you're missing the point Neil Smile If it is too loud, it will clip at the point it enters the computer, ie the AD converter in your soundcard - after that it doesn't matter where you put the limiter, it is still clipped Smile

Just keep the levels nice and safe, record at 24 bit and turn it up/limit it once it is in the computer Smile
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
i see wot ya saying now Oops
just wanted to keep the levels right.

been using 24bit for a while now Grin
So turn it down and don't worry about it then Smile
Sad2
Hugs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  for sale - Roland TD8 with uprated stand dsp 0 1,054 4th March 2010, 23:18
Last Post: dsp
  A great prophet 5 vsti dsp 7 3,409 14th January 2010, 02:28
Last Post: Roo Stercogburn
  Bass VSTi eSQue 13 3,828 29th November 2009, 15:00
Last Post: Roo Stercogburn
  [help] limiter on my dj set up djneils 15 4,256 25th March 2009, 11:42
Last Post: Fada