Internal Soundcard

14 Replies, 3815 Views

Easy everyone,

I'm building my own PC and it should be completed end of August, but I need your knowledge and recommendations on a good soundcard that is decently priced. I need your help.

kthxbye Grin
What's your budget? Smile
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
I'd say around $300 canadian (so about 150quid), best bang for buck really...

I've been looking around and mostly the externals are the ones Im looking for... but Id rather have not a lot of clutter on my work desk. I'd want RCA input/output as I sample movies a fair bit.

I guess I might be being a bit hopeful to get a real good one for 300... Icon_sad
Thinking about this:

http://www.dv247.com/computer-hardware/m...rface--173

Any comments?
might wanna look into emu for that budget. think they use better adc/dac's than m-audio
I've got a m-audio delta 44 you can have for nothing, if I can find it. You'll have to pay postage, but I'm happy enough to do it at cost. Can't get better 'bang for buck' than that. I have no idea if the delta-44 is any good though, but you could test it for a while anyway.

Stacks
[Image: banner2_590.jpg]
[Image: swbanner.gif]
[Image: BB_banner3.gif]
It was a pretty decent soundcard. In terms of sound quality, you probably won't better it massively for £150 however the drivers maybe quite old and there may not be ASIO drivers for it.

BUT for free, I'd be snapping your arm off in seconds for it Grin
I use the Emu 1212 and seems good to me, but what would i know Smile

http://www.emu.com/products/product.asp?product=9872
Stacks Wrote:I've got a m-audio delta 44 you can have for nothing, if I can find it. You'll have to pay postage, but I'm happy enough to do it at cost. Can't get better 'bang for buck' than that. I have no idea if the delta-44 is any good though, but you could test it for a while anyway.

Stacks

yes yes yes yes yes! sent PM. Thank you

Does it still have the Ableton Live CD with it? I check the M-Audio site and new drivers have already been created for Vista SP2 and are in the works for Windows 7. Although I do rather build my old computer on XP and switch to 7 afterwards.... Any of you work on Vista?

Wilshy Wrote:It was a pretty decent soundcard. In terms of sound quality, you probably won't better it massively for £150 however the drivers maybe quite old and there may not be ASIO drivers for it.

BUT for free, I'd be snapping your arm off in seconds for it

*Snap* hehe

safetyboy Wrote:I use the Emu 1212 and seems good to me, but what would i know Smile

http://www.emu.com/products/product.asp?product=9872

That's actualy real nice. But it would take too slots on my motherboard, and I'm tight on space as I'm getting a huge Video gaming card... It might work tho.
i've got two 1010LTs and love 'em! there are most definitely ASIO drivers for all M-Audio cards - the Delta 44's still in production. and they'll run pro tools Smile
No ableton - it's a good few years old. It's in a static bag in my parent's attic. I'll be round there at the weekend so I'll dig it out.
[Image: banner2_590.jpg]
[Image: swbanner.gif]
[Image: BB_banner3.gif]
Stacks Wrote:No ableton - it's a good few years old. It's in a static bag in my parent's attic. I'll be round there at the weekend so I'll dig it out.

All good. Does it come with an installation CD tho? Because I read somewhere it has an interface where it has all sorts of control knobs.
That'll be in the drivers you can download off M Audio's website Xyxthumbs
Wilshy Wrote:That'll be in the drivers you can download off M Audio's website Xyxthumbs

duuuuh

haha

[Image: 11doh.gif]
Stacks Wrote:No ableton - it's a good few years old. It's in a static bag in my parent's attic. I'll be round there at the weekend so I'll dig it out.

Check your PMs mate Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New soundcard choices dsp 13 3,904 5th January 2011, 17:05
Last Post: Paranoiz
  New external soundcard options thush-ara 1 1,389 1st April 2010, 03:06
Last Post: Battle Kyat
  Grounding an external USB driven soundcard? esb 5 2,439 18th February 2010, 18:57
Last Post: esb
  Soundcard Advice Please Clear Concept 10 3,718 20th August 2009, 21:12
Last Post: Decree
  A Good External Soundcard esb 3 1,498 10th July 2009, 05:28
Last Post: Battle Kyat