Sainsbury's Taste The Difference Pea & Ham Soup

28 Replies, 8477 Views

They're now adding more whole peas to the recipe instead of blending it down to the mushy consistency you tend to find elsewhere.
good look, although i am hating their fucking ads on tv at the mo, especially the one where the woman is handing out teeny shots of something and her smug face and voice saying.."its sainsbury's you know?"

main, i gotta admit i fucking hate sainsburys. I much prefer tesco for that kind of shopping. better quality products most of the time.

stay away from ASDA..horrid horrid horrid food!

peace
or should i say peas ;-)
Not seen the adverts but can imagine they're responsible for high irritation levels.

Going to have to disagree with you about Tesco's being the better shop, there's no way their produce is up to scratch No Obviously it depends on if you're shopping in the Kensington or Kennington branch, but imho, Sainsbury's far exceeds Tesco in terms of quality and range of general foodstuffs. And snax.

I think this debate is probably best had over a cup of tea!
hmm.
i disagree, especially when it comes to their deli counters, meats and cheeses.

still, lets be honest..its waitrose all the way when it comes to quality produce

but surely you have to agree with me with Asda???? man their cold meats go rancid after about a day in the fridge.
dj hades Wrote:hmm i disagree, especially when it comes to their deli counters, meats and cheeses

I dunno, my local Sainsbury's is pretty damn special when it comes to deli counter offerings. Fracture can testify to that should he see this.

Quote:still, lets be honest..its waitrose all the way when it comes to quality produce

but surely you have to agree with me with Asda???? man their cold meats go rancid after about a day in the fridge.

Agree with you 100%. Waitrose is a joy to walk around, especially after pay day. Asda shouldn't even be in business.
its all about new covent garden's lentil and smoked bacon soup. BUFF TING YO
[URL="http://www.everydayjunglist.biz"]
[/URL]
That Waitrose £10 meal deal was pretty sweet over the weekend.

Bottle of wine, lamb, vegetables and syrup sponge pudding! Enough for 3-4 meals worth.

Twothumbs

I'd choose Morrison's over Tesco's any day. Good deli counter at my local one in Walworth and all their fish is from sustainable stocks.
fonik Wrote:BUFF TING YO

Hahaha
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Damn WM Morrison, and their strategic positioning of tables stacked full of pies and donuts on offer, right at the store entrance
subvert Wrote:something something tables stacked full of pies and donuts whatever rhubarb rhubarb

Homerdrool
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
exactly!
go in for a pint of milk and a loaf, come out with steak bakes, bag of rolo's cookies and a potato peeler FTW!
This harks back to the crispy pancakes thread.

you lot must be loaded, waitrose ffs... (that deal sounds reasonable though!) Asda's nowt to get excited about i agree, but it's more agreeable with our budget than most of the others, unfortunately. Sainsburys i like, if we have a few quid we know can blow

Tesco's hit and miss, often overpriced though unless you're buying a plasma telly or some shit. also the layout's fucked - beer on the far right?? that means if i pop in, i reach the pampers section ages before the ale. weirdos/adults Roll
forget what i said above Oops

started work at 6.30am this morning, had a bacon butty on the go at 9 as it was mentally busy - not eaten anything else all day, then an hour ago wound up with that 'about to actually faint' feeling as i was in a pet shop buying dog food.

quickly ran over to Aldi, then blew £18 i could've done without spending on pure savoury snax Mad

by the time i'd driven home i'd eaten a packet of wotsits, 5 slices of Masadam cheese, a chicken drumstick and a pack of bacon frazzles. And i only live about a mile away...

must've looked like the fucking cookie monster
to passers by Oops
sainsbury's pimlico. get to know.

whole foods is fucking awesome so long as you choose the things that arent overpriced. they have some pretty sweet stuff thats fairly sensibly priced. i got a massive box of wasabi peanuts for like £2!

tesco No my local tesco minis are open 7-11 but their stock is pathetic and it feels more like some ropey corner store than a supermarket

morrisons used to do these bad ass fresh handmade pizzas that were fucking massive and had loads of toppings Homerdrool
Would definatly go with sainsburys over tescos (in harlow anyway.) Tescos is pikesville! Also bump into Dave Nucleus in Sainsburys scouting out the bargins! Wink
For News/Audio/Bookings/Videos www.djtrax.wordpress.com
Tescos Hackney Central - nil point!
panda Wrote:sainsbury's pimlico. get to know.

Yes Xyxthumbs

When are you about there? Let's have a pint!
see..thats the thing yo.

my local tesco is absolutely huge and has everything, but i live in suburbia.

maybe where you pikeys are residing they only have ickle tesco express stores with pikey food in them?????

lol

peace
dj hades Wrote:see..thats the thing yo.

my local tesco is absolutely huge and has everything, but i live in suburbia.

maybe where you pikeys are residing they only have ickle tesco express stores with pikey food in them?????

lol

peace

Na, we have have a massive pikeys store. Thats the problem, theres loads of room for the pikey food and people Wink
For News/Audio/Bookings/Videos www.djtrax.wordpress.com
Hovver Wrote:by the time i'd driven home i'd eaten a packet of wotsits, 5 slices of Masadam cheese, a chicken drumstick and a pack of bacon frazzles. And i only live about a mile away...

to passers by Oops

been there before Hahaha
dayam

my local tesco superstore is in Hertfordshire dont you know, what what what what????

hence...quality produce.

lol

peace
Sir Loris Of Crowthorne Wrote:
Hovver Wrote:by the time i'd driven home i'd eaten a packet of wotsits, 5 slices of Masadam cheese, a chicken drumstick and a pack of bacon frazzles. And i only live about a mile away...

to passers by Oops

been there before Hahaha

Wink not just me then Loris Hahaha

ps Hades, i'll have your pikey food if the date's up on it you posh barstard you Lol
lol

when i do my weekly shopping an=t fortnams and masons, i shall let you have my nearly out of date food yah

lol
co-op's are handy arent they?

answer.. yes they are pretty handy those co-op's

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cup 'a' soup (ainsley harriotts ones) dj hades 35 12,534 29th January 2010, 03:06
Last Post: noisemonkey
  Urgent attention required by ainsley harriot cup a soup fans!!!! dj hades 3 2,352 20th January 2010, 18:00
Last Post: dj hades
  Attn Ham Cob Sir Loris of Crowthorne 6 1,433 30th September 2009, 12:15
Last Post: strike
  [ROLLS] cheddar, ham, beetroot Sir Loris of Crowthorne 4 1,854 15th October 2007, 16:55
Last Post: Statto
  What's the difference between my Arse & my Elbow? dgoHn 12 6,757 5th October 2007, 21:39
Last Post: breakage