Selected Ambient Works Vol.1 1985-1992

26 Replies, 7900 Views

Just fucking unbeleivable.

Soo many good memories with this album...

Sitting here reminiscing; letting it all flow back,

Thankyou Mr D. James.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WrBIwxox...re=related
The Kosmik Kommando.. or STFU! Smile
Maybe my all time favourite album Lovesmilie
epitome of classic Applause

this is a deserted island album for sure
I need a proper beating for not ever hearing this
I'll try to find it locally tomorrow if that doesn't work
I will order it
actium is supposedly the one he did when he was 14/15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy25CxYP_bE
Primorcon Wrote:I need a proper beating for not ever hearing this
I'll try to find it locally tomorrow if that doesn't work
I will order it

Jaysus mate, get onto it sharpish, beautiful moods await!
I have thi salbum somewhere... I need to dig it out...lush lush album.
Nibbers Wrote:I have thi salbum somewhere... I need to dig it out...lush lush album.

Yes you do Smile

I bought the remastered (vinyl) version. But for some reason i always preferred the original cd version...
One of the best. Lovesmilie
Just bliss; playing it again. Always makes me happy.
YES!

On the headphones now.

Best listened to on a cheap stereo on a summer afternoon with the windows open, though...
Ageispolis and Heliosphan Lovesmilie
Slothrop Wrote:YES!

On the headphones now.

Best listened to on a cheap stereo on a summer afternoon with the windows open, though...

Pray tell why?
Concept81 Wrote:

On the headphones now.

Pray tell why?
It's definitely got a summer afternoon indoors but with the windows open vibe. It's too synthy to be properly outdoors music but it's got total floaty summer afternoon lightness to it. I'm convinced that the act of playing it lowers the air temperature by two degrees.

The cheap stereo is probably nostalgia - I spent quite a lot of time doing that when I was a teenager.
droid Wrote:Heliosphan Lovesmilie

Yes personal fave
Love it.
although it does freak the missus out
I prefer vol 2 Smile
Slothrop Wrote:
Concept81 Wrote:

On the headphones now.

Pray tell why?
It's definitely got a summer afternoon indoors but with the windows open vibe. It's too synthy to be properly outdoors music but it's got total floaty summer afternoon lightness to it. I'm convinced that the act of playing it lowers the air temperature by two degrees.

The cheap stereo is probably nostalgia - I spent quite a lot of time doing that when I was a teenager.

Well said Smile
Fada Wrote:
droid Wrote:Heliosphan Lovesmilie

Yes personal fave

Agreed!
Loads of people go on about Volume 2, but volume 1 is the one for me Grin

Bought it on vinyl when it first came out, and I bring it out every other year (don't want to wear it out! Lol )
So many memories attached to it.

I'm sure there's been another thread on here about it before? I remember typing something about it, unless I'm just losing my mind in my semi-old age? Oops
Volume 2 is still brilliant though Wink

Just wanted to clear that up!
Euphony Wrote:Loads of people go on about Volume 2, but volume 1 is the one for me Grin

Bought it on vinyl when it first came out, and I bring it out every other year (don't want to wear it out! Lol )
So many memories attached to it.

I'm sure there's been another thread on here about it before? I remember typing something about it, unless I'm just losing my mind in my semi-old age? Oops

Yes there was. I think we all said exactly the same things.

I also got this when it came out and have never looked back. I actually wore out my C90 of it from overplaying.

I tend to lump vol. 1 + 2 together as my favourite ever LP.
One of the best ever

Was brought up on this album Lovesmilie
Been a favourite for me ever since it came out. Amazing music
[Image: rdbbannerred468600nq.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RELEASE Equinox - Early Works 93-94 (The Demos) LP firefinga 2 2,558 22nd August 2019, 21:00
Last Post: Muttley
  RELEASE OUT NOW: ABSTRACT DRUMZ - SELECTED WORKS Pt.2 (OmniEP167) Euphony 2 2,570 15th October 2018, 13:11
  RELEASE OUT NOW: ABSTRACT DRUMZ - SELECTED WORKS Pt.1 (OmniEP164) Euphony 1 2,163 30th September 2018, 12:52
  RELEASE OUT NOW: PARIAH - SELECTED WORKS PART 3 (OmniEP134) Euphony 8 6,345 18th September 2017, 13:22
Last Post: Euphony
  RELEASE OUT NOW: PARIAH - SELECTED WORKS PART 2 (OmniEP118) Euphony 3 3,058 29th March 2017, 20:07
Last Post: MetaLX